closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eBay: "Sell for £1 max" deal.... is there a catch?

Master
    Just sold a Bulova Sea King. £1 fee on invoice... All good.

Journeyman
    I refuse to accept PayPal now , direct payment only.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by john_coburg View Post
    Ah, interesting. i missed that - in my own thread! so perhaps price changes are ok (phew) but photo changes aren't ? has anyone tried changing a photo?
    Yep. I've added a photo to an item. Still only charged £1 on sale.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Thereís no rush though, take the photos and the listing offer will be back in a few weeks - always does!

Journeyman
    Just for information.
    I have noticed in the offer Tís & Cís that you can only list an item once at £1, if it doesnít sell you will be charged the full FV fee if itís listed again even if a £1 offer is in force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by wjkerfoot View Post
    Just for information.
    I have noticed in the offer Tís & Cís that you can only list an item once at £1, if it doesnít sell you will be charged the full FV fee if itís listed again even if a £1 offer is in force.

Thatís only if you relist the exact same advert after the first one expires without selling.

You can relist the same item on a different offer if you create the ad from scratch

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by lostp View Post
    Thatís only if you relist the exact same advert after the first one expires without selling.

You can relist the same item on a different offer if you create the ad from scratch
    Apparently not, it states if the same item is listed again then full fees will apply, I think this has changed recently

Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    I refuse to accept PayPal now , direct payment only.
    Is this possible with eBay? I thought you had no choice but to accept and use PayPal.

Apparently not, it states if the same item is listed again then full fees will apply, I think this has changed recently

This is something I didnít know, thanks for sharing...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Derivative View Post
    Is this possible with eBay? I thought you had no choice but to accept and use PayPal.
    Pretty sure you can offer cash on collection and credit card payment.

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Pretty sure you can offer cash on collection and credit card payment.

I think that you can offer other payments but you canít not offer PayPal.

Iíve just sold an item which I listed on Saturday after signing up for the £1 deal and have been charged over £30. I did reduce the price by £25 so maybe theyíre getting stricter!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Derivative View Post
    Just sold a bike in April for over £400 , made it clear in the description that no PayPal would be accepted.

The buyer emailed asking for my address and bank details, payment was made within the hour , funnily enough he just collected it last week.

Iíve got two other items for sale with the same condition applied , clearly theyíre pushing everyone down the PayPal route but itís not compulsory.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post

Iíve just sold an item which I listed on Saturday after signing up for the £1 deal and have been charged over £30. I did reduce the price by £25 so maybe theyíre getting stricter!
    Strange. I sold an item on Saturday and it's only been charged at £1. This was a relisted item too.

Thanks all - I will take a closer look at this and make sure I have other payment options available next time I look to sell on eBay. That PP fee really stings!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post

Maybe itís because the £1 deal was Sunday & Monday and wasnít available for Saturday listings.

Master
    Maybe itís because the £1 deal was Sunday & Monday and wasnít available for Saturday listings.

Lol. V Good point. Twas Sunday I sold. The deal was only Sunday/Monday this time. Bet this caught a few folk out. Of course that won't have been eBay's goal.....

Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    Iíve got two other items for sale with the same condition applied , clearly theyíre pushing everyone down the PayPal route but itís not compulsory.
    You have to offer PayPal as a payment method, and there's nothing you can do to stop a Buyer from paying with PayPal.

Your only option (if they do so) is to refund them, but you then risk negative feedback and a Non-Performing Seller strike on your account.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    You have to offer PayPal as a payment method, and there's nothing you can do to stop a Buyer from paying with PayPal.

Your only option (if they do so) is to refund them, but you then risk negative feedback and a Non-Performing Seller strike on your account.
    I recently sold a car. It was cash on collection only. Classified advert right enough so probably different rule.

I recently sold a car. It was cash on collection only. Classified advert right enough so probably different rule.
    Yes, the eBay rules for Classified Adverts (and for Car sales) don't require that you accept PayPal.

Craftsman
    Lol. V Good point. Twas Sunday I sold. The deal was only Sunday/Monday this time. Bet this caught a few folk out. Of course that won't have been eBay's goal.....

Yep...caught me out. Signed up Saturday night and had a draft that I finished and posted - sold Sunday but charged full 10% as the offer wasn't started yet. Damned T&Cs!

Craftsman
    Iím very grateful for this clarification. Iím sorry to hear that people have been caught out by the Gís & Gís in these promotions.
    So Iíve just ended a £1 promo listing which was a re-list from a previous non-selling listing. Will hold fire until the next promo then create a new listing.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app