closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advice re IWC Aquatimer Cousteau Chrono....

Journeyman

Advice re IWC Aquatimer Cousteau Chrono....

Sourced a new unworn from a used dealer and then purchased bracelet through AD. I’m a lefty and wear on R wrist. Due to link structure, there is one link which stands proud on the underside of my wrist....doesn’t happen on the other side of the clasp as the fold is underneath that section. A little irritating as not cheap and surely it cannot simply be MY wrist shape.
    I have tried adding a link there and removing one from other side, switching to L wrist etc but nothing changes.
    Any ideas welcomed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried reversing the strap on the watch?

Journeyman

Advice re IWC Aquatimer Cousteau Chrono....

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Have you tried reversing the strap on the watch?
    Yep....and still the same with that link.
    If it was fixed it wouldn’t happen but every link on the bracelet can effectively be adjusted because all pinned and very flexible.
    This is the bracelet reversed. Clearly still proud.

Last edited by DrDunc; 3rd May 2019 at 21:04.

my guess is that the (upstream/watch head end) pin holding the link that is standing proud is a little tight and preventing the offending link from rotating and conforming to your wrist curvature - I would try pushing out the pins and see if loosening them helped. Just a thought

Craftsman
    I have the same trouble with my 3239 Ingenieur and I don't know why it happens either!

I had the same with my Ingenieur (AMG chronograph Ti) too - it also meant I could never get a perfect bracelet fit and my watch sadly did not come with a half link. I ended up shelling out on the strap - expensive, but i do wear it and rather enjoy it...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDunc View Post
    Sourced a new unworn from a used dealer and then purchased bracelet through AD. I’m a lefty and wear on R wrist. Due to link structure, there is one link which stands proud on the underside of my wrist....doesn’t happen on the other side of the clasp as the fold is underneath that section. A little irritating as not cheap and surely it cannot simply be MY wrist shape.
    I have tried adding a link there and removing one from other side, switching to L wrist etc but nothing changes.
    Any ideas welcomed.

I am not sure, but it looks like a tight bracelet. I didn't had that on my 3227 and Aquatimer.

It may have already been suggested, but could you replace one link with two half links? Use either consectively or space them until you are happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim63 View Post
    It may have already been suggested, but could you replace one link with two half links? Use either consectively or space them until you are happy.
    half links are notoriously difficult to get - some watches were sold without any at all and I think at most one.

My one came with none! I tried to get some for my IWC - boutique no hope of getting any. These old bracelets are nice, but such a pain especially with no micro adjustments.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Looks as though that centre link isn’t rotating as it should. I would be inclined to spray some silicone on the centre link and keep rotating it.
    Just a thought it might save you some cash.
    Last edited by geoffcotton; 4th May 2019 at 14:43.