closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone for a watches of Switzerland “limited edition” Rolex?

Apprentice
    That’s interesting. I’m sure they’ll sell like hot cakes but I won’t be buying one!

Its a promotional watch, nothing more.
    The sort of thing a marketing organisation slap the company logo on then hand out to valued customers / employees for free.

No one in their right minds would expect anyone to pay for one of these. Tad generous using a Rolly as a base model, but hey, its their money.

Master
    Who's laughing now?? You could have been making a profit!! (Or not ....)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolex-100...E/324005033156

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Who's laughing now?? You could have been making a profit!! (Or not ....)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolex-100...E/324005033156
    Was the case back engraved using an etch-a-sketch? That looks pretty shoddy compared to the original ad!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Was the case back engraved using an etch-a-sketch? That looks pretty shoddy compared to the original ad!

Looks like it was done by the bloke that cuts keys in the market ....

Such a light engraving that it'll wear off after a few months on the wrist (hopefully!)

You can get dog tags on ebay for £1.50 that are engraved to a higher standard than that

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    That's so bizarre, it's kinda cool.
    I agree, I would rather have one with the Domino's logo than without.

I feel WoS is the wrong brand to be celebrating themselves publicly.

There is nothing grand about them. They are just another high street brand that you see in every major city. Constant turnover of low paid but snooty staff and absolutely no personal feel or warmth in any of their shops.

There are the famous name stores in London and the characterful, old regional family jewellers that offer a much more enjoyable, luxurious and memorable experience. Places where you actually speak to someone enthusiastic about the watches and who owns the business themselves and a shop with atmosphere and history. Rolex seem determined to exclude the later from their AD list. So we are left with a shopping mall or MacDonalds style experience when we buy our watches. Not that we can buy any watches anymore ...so maybe a moot point!

In short I can’t see why anyone would want such a piece. It may as well say Amazon on the back.

Craftsman
    toxic sludge everywhere..

Quote Originally Posted by petespendthrift View Post
    I feel WoS is the wrong brand to be celebrating themselves publicly.

There is nothing grand about them. They are just another high street brand that you see in every major city. Constant turnover of low paid but snooty staff and absolutely no personal feel or warmth in any of their shops.

There are the famous name stores in London and the characterful, old regional family jewellers that offer a much more enjoyable, luxurious and memorable experience. Places where you actually speak to someone enthusiastic about the watches and who owns the business themselves and a shop with atmosphere and history. Rolex seem determined to exclude the later from their AD list. So we are left with a shopping mall or MacDonalds style experience when we buy our watches. Not that we can buy any watches anymore ...so maybe a moot point!

In short I can’t see why anyone would want such a piece. It may as well say Amazon on the back.
    Rolex boutiques (bucherer (watch gallery) or whatever franchise) aren’t much different really. I am yet to meet a sales person who actually knows the watches they sell.

Unfortunately, I think you make a good point. Although at least with the family jewellers you can often speak to the owner who will know their stuff and still work there next time you go back.