closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Smarty End Links

Smarty End Links

http://www.smartyendlinks.com/index....roller=product

Does anyone have any experience of dealing with this supplier and actually bought and used these end links?

Master
    Yes bought two sets, one for my Sea Dweller (now sold as I put it back on bracelet) and a set now on my 16710 GMT.

Craftsman
    I got a few pairs last week and seem ok.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyhayward View Post
    I got a few pairs last week and seem ok.

Is that a Rubber B or Rolex strap?

Craftsman
    Oysterflex 👍

Master
    Oysterflex 👍
    Looks great, if I ever get my Daytona delivered, I'm fitting one of those.
    Does the strap fit under the links without any modifications or did you have to trim the strap in any way?

Craftsman
    No trimming or anything just fitted straight on.

Yes, I currently have three sets from George, purchased over the past 3-4 years.

Tudor 79280

Rolex 16570

Rolex 16613

All fit perfectly and give a great look with these three on 20mm leather straps.

Master
    I've not seen that before, they look smart! Could you use them with a NATO?

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    I've not seen that before, they look smart! Could you use them with a NATO?
    Looks like it - there's a photo showing them with a Bond NATO fitted on the 5513 page (one of the smaller photos underneath the main one): http://www.smartyendlinks.com/index....roller=product

Have to say I would be tempted too.....

Oysterflex 👍
    Can you buy an Oysterflex directly from Rolex? I’d be interested in picking one up myself!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Courboy View Post
    Can you buy an Oysterflex directly from Rolex? I’d be interested in picking one up myself!
    You need someone with a PM model that has the Oysterflex fitted to order it for you. The sizing is also weird so would recommend trying them for get the right fit.

So, back to Smarty end links, do you get 2 links for $80? Not clear from website.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    So, back to Smarty end links, do you get 2 links for $80? Not clear from website.
    Yes $80 for a pair

Bumping this thread from 2019.
    Wanted to ask if any member has recently had any experience of them and where best to get a pair from.
    Would look good on my DJ with a suitable blue coloured strap.

Talking on the strap.
    Will any strap fit the links or do they have to a specially made one?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    Bumping this thread from 2019.
    Wanted to ask if any member has recently had any experience of them and where best to get a pair from.
    Would look good on my DJ with a suitable blue coloured strap.

Talking on the strap.
    Will any strap fit the links or do they have to a specially made one?

Cheers

They're based in HK or Singapore IIRC, but shipping in my experience is pretty quick.
    You can use a standard strap, but you'll find it difficult to fit a thick or padded strap with them.

https://www.smartyendlinks.com/

The only issue with them is that over time the end link tends to mark the strap slightly where the edge of the link which is relatively sharp presses on the strap, but it's not really visible when wearing the watch.
    Last edited by klunk; 14th May 2022 at 11:13.

What holds the link in place? I'm assuming the strap is still going on the spring bar as normal, so can't quite work out how this fits together!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    What holds the link in place? I'm assuming the strap is still going on the spring bar as normal, so can't quite work out how this fits together!
    The link slides in against the case and then the strap is held in with the spring bars next to the link

I was thinking about this strap

hirsch-london-shiny-alligator-leather-watch-strap-in-blue-updated-stock

I had the Honey one fitted on my DD and it was really comfortable to wear and very supple.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    I was thinking about this strap

hirsch-london-shiny-alligator-leather-watch-strap-in-blue-updated-stock

I had the Honey one fitted on my DD and it was really comfortable to wear and very supple.
    Strangely enough, I was looking at the same strap on Watch Obsession yesterday for my newly acquired DJ.
    If I’ve read the specs correctly, it’s about 4mm at the end where it attaches to the case/links, so should just work.
    If you’re still considering the end links, it might be worth trying a similar sized strap if you have one before purchasing the alligator strap and finding out you can’t get it to fit the links.
    I still have the strap that I had fitted to my GMT Master with end links. I’ll measure the thickness and drop you a pm to confirm what thickness that is if that helps?

^^^^^
    Thank you

Just ordered a pair for my Black Bay today. $90 USD including postage, which is about £72 using a fee-free card.

I'll share feedback when I get them, including delivery times etc

Just ordered a pair for my Black Bay today. $90 USD including postage, which is about £72 using a fee-free card.

Thank you, that would be excellent.

Feedback as promised.

I received the Smarty end-links in the post this morning, just over a week after ordering them. I was pleased with that considering they came from Singapore. Arrived in a small bubble envelope, which was perfectly adequate given the item is ultimately a piece of metal. I had no additional fees on arrival. The import labelling was a tad disingenuous, so I imagine you're unlikely to be taxed on arrival with these, whether that's good/bad I'll leave to you.

My impression of the end-links themselves is really positive. The fit is tight, absolutely no wobble when attached which was a relief as I was a tad concerned about this given the method of fitting to the watch. In reality the fit is perfect and to my eye it looks like it came out of the Tudor factory. That said, it may not work well with a thick leather strap. For avoidance of doubt, there's no gaps between the end-links and the side of the lugs, but the end-links do sit lower than the lugs, just like the original Tudor end-links on the factory bracelet. This creates a little bit of shadow depending on where the light source is placed, so if you think you're seeing a gap in the photos it's simply shadow (you'll see the same in the final photo with the factory bracelet).

Once on they're rock solid, no gaps, wiggle or play to be concerned with. I wore the watch out today to try them out whilst seeing the new Jurassic Park film, the film was a bit of a disappointment but the watch was as comfortable as ever. Visually I think they look great, subjective of course. Overall, I'd happily recommend them.

p.s. A picture on wrist with and without the end-links, for comparisons sake.

p.p.s. Pic with the original Tudor bracelet below, for comparison to the bracelet end-links.