closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Calling all Military pocket watch enthusiasts

Calling all Military pocket watch enthusiasts

Good evening! :)

I was browsing through Ebay today and stumbled across a rather nice looking 1940's Military pocket watch.

I know absolutely nothing about them but stuck an offer in anyhow...

An hour later the offer was accepted, it's now on the way to me. :)

Your thoughts and/or information you may have, would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by senraw; 1st May 2019 at 22:56.

I can't help with yours, but the markings are very similar to my Ingersol Radiolite with Crowsfoot and YK1060 issue number, Made in USA.

Mine was either a cheap disposable import timekeeper for none operational British services (civil, admin, transport etc)
    Or it was Canadian issue - to none operational personnel who didn't need a proper 15-jewel Swiss watch.
    The origins of your A45490 might shed some light on where my cheap Ingersol came from.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Your watch is a Moeris 19H. Mid to late 1930s.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Webwatchmaker View Post
    Your watch is a Moeris 19H. Mid to late 1930s.

Thanks Brendan, that's great to know. :)

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

A quick flick through the pages of Konrad Knirim's book seems that watches marked GS MKII date from WW1 on onwards and then marked GSTP for WW2. Page 459 has 3 x Moeris GSTPs with the 19H movement identified above.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    A very useful book. I think 7 Swiss manufacturers made watches for the British military. Most used Dennison English made cases.

Ziggy Wesolowski's book states GS Mk II were from 1935 onwards, the black-dialled Rolex Mk IIs (with Cortebert movement) were procured in 1939.

Banned
    Looking through one of my drawers for something I found this. It's a Moeris the same as yours. Damaged dial unfortunately.

Looking through one of my drawers for something I found this. It's a Moeris the same as yours. Damaged dial unfortunately.

Yet another great find Brendan. :)

Really nice reliable movements, suprisingly accurate too.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Banned
    I must have well over a thousand watches and often find stuff I was unaware of. Last year I rediscovered an Omega tripledate I bought back in the 1970s which had slipped down behind drawers. Sold it for 2.5k !
    Three more at the car boot this morning at a pound each. P330 in the Avia, ETA 1302 in the Onsa, an unusual ladies with centre seconds and a movement in the little fob which looks remarkably like the movement in very early Rolex. I'll know more when I dismantle it.
    Also a seller gave me a magazine from last Thursday's Telegraph, all about watches, and with the 'print alive' app which some Swiss watch companies are now using to show off their movements in real time.
    watchyourtime.com

I must have well over a thousand watches and often find stuff I was unaware of. Last year I rediscovered an Omega tripledate I bought back in the 1970s which had slipped down behind drawers. Sold it for 2.5k !
    Three more at the car boot this morning at a pound each. P330 in the Avia, ETA 1302 in the Onsa, an unusual ladies with centre seconds and a movement in the little fob which looks remarkably like the movement in very early Rolex. I'll know more when I dismantle it.
    Also a seller gave me a magazine from last Thursday's Telegraph, all about watches, and with the 'print alive' app which some Swiss watch companies are now using to show off their movements in real time.
    watchyourtime.com

Yet another great result from your local car boot Brendan!

I especially like the Onsa!