closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Snoopy, Speedy Tue, Spectre,Panda Speedy and a host of vintage Speedies and SMPC Big blue,Seamaster 1000m etc etc
    You made a blanket statement that Used Omegas don't command good prices or similar.
    So you can’t then. I think most understood what I meant. This is a current model and you would expect it to be around 20 - 30 percent less than the new price, there are of course exceptions to this as you have pointed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mr.chef View Post
    So you can’t then. I think most understood what I meant. This is a current model and you would expect it to be around 20 - 30 percent less than the new price, there are of course exceptions to this as you have pointed out.

All the ones I mentioned are selling above RRP used. Go back to your original comment. I am not sure why you are looking for an argument. We will just have to agree to disagree about the scope of your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.chef View Post
    But not sort after otherwise it would be sold out. Dress watch LE for london is not comparable to a Seamaster LE for James Bond. Still waiting for you to show the examples of all the used Omega's you referred to.
    Is it still available new?

Master
    I think it’s pretty representative of the watch market as a whole these days.

I bought a Speedy Racing a couple of weeks ago, knowing I would lose money, should I ever decide to sell.

I could have had a Rolex OP, which would probably kept its value better but I made the decision to buy something I actually like, rather than something that would be a “better value proposition”.

It seems to me that the feeding frenzy around relatively unobtainable Rolex steel models is causing chaos in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Is it still available new?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    All the ones I mentioned are selling above RRP used. Go back to your original comment. I am not sure why you are looking for an argument. We will just have to agree to disagree about the scope of your comment.
    My original comment was that £5k is a lot of money for a used Omega. If you took all the second hand Omega models modern, vintage and LE I would think that the percentage of models trading over £5k would be less than 10%. As an example on chrono24 (that is known for being grossly overpriced) you have over 31,000 Omega's for sale but only 7,725 with an asking price over £5k.

Master

“What am I doing wrong?”

You’re trying to sell a watch on a section for selling used iPhones, gift vouchers and unwanted theatre/gig tickets

Seriously though, observing on there I see it that the majority are just after serious bargains (hence I’m sure why some of the anger comes out towards anyone selling a Rolex over retail) It seems that either watches come on really cheap and sell in a couple of minutes or they’ll be on there weeks occasionally being bumped.

One thing I don’t get though is why people don’t discount their bumps more. I’ve sold watches on there in low price brackets and the offers I get are huge percentages off ie Watch is good value at 200 & someone offers £150. Yet you’ll get maybe a less popular Submariner for £5700 and it’ll be bumped for weeks and the seller will knock off £50 or maybe £100 at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    “What am I doing wrong?”

One thing I don’t get though is why people don’t discount their bumps more. I’ve sold watches on there in low price brackets and the offers I get are huge percentages off ie Watch is good value at 200 & someone offers £150. Yet you’ll get maybe a less popular Submariner for £5700 and it’ll be bumped for weeks and the seller will knock off £50 or maybe £100 at a time.
    ^^^ What he said. ^^^

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scucivolo View Post
    I think I have one of the most beautiful watch currently on SC

It is priced at less than I paid for

It’s a fairly low numbered limited edition, which as per recent Omega history it’s very likely to go up in price within the next year or two.. one hint being the first of this series to show up on Chrono24 at over RRP

I have all positive feedback on H&V

So naturally I’ve started to wonder.. what am I doing wrong?

I didnt even get more than one comment on the thread despite putting it up twice..

Anyway, I’ll leave it to you to make me understand my faults

Thank you

We don’t buy watches on SC anymore. We just list them and slag each other off and then sell to WF. Lol

On a serious note, I’ve noticed the same trend. It is a difficult market at the moment.

Craftsman
    OP why not wait till eBay has sellers £1 fee and stick it in there.? You will probably reach a larger audience too

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mhurley View Post
    OP why not wait till eBay has sellers £1 fee and stick it in there.? You will probably reach a larger audience too

Wise words.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mhurley View Post

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Wise words.

"Dear eBay,

I bought a watch but the seller sent an empty parcel. Please issue me with a refund."

That's why I wouldn't sell on eBay. I'd take the hit on price and sell here for the relative security. But if you're prepared to take the risk...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    "Dear eBay,

I bought a watch but the seller sent an empty parcel. Please issue me with a refund."

That's why I wouldn't sell on eBay. I'd take the hit on price and sell here for the relative security. But if you're prepared to take the risk...
    Definitely more risk. It'll sell on eBay within a fortnight I reckon.

I wish I had your confidence.. I’ll give ebay a try, come what may

Master
    I was surprised it sold so quickly in the first place as I thought it would struggle.
    I agree with the Railmaster comment.
    These are going at under 2K on here and are equally as nice I would say.
    Your watch is lovely though and hope you get a buyer but I think you will have to lower the price a bit to get interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I was surprised it sold so quickly in the first place as I thought it would struggle.
    I agree with the Railmaster comment.
    These are going at under 2K on here and are equally as nice I would say.
    Your watch is lovely though and hope you get a buyer but I think you will have to lower the price a bit to get interest.
    I appreciate you for taking the time to reply, and thank you for wishing me good luck with it..

About, one thing being as nice as another thing, but cheaper.. that's quite personal, and to be honest very, very far, from being relevant to answer my original question "what am I doing wrong?"

having said that, if you, or anybody else, wish to reiterate the same thing over and over again, by all means, please do.

Next time, i'll just buy a replica, that way i'll have something that is equally as nice, for a 10th of the price..

with this, I think I've buried any chance of trading/selling the watch here, but such is life.

Ironically sending abroad carries very little risk due to ebays excellent global shipping program. Your liability stops on safe delivery to the Ebay uk depot.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Everything sells, at a price. The market defines the price, not the seller.

Bottom line is almost anything that isn’t Rolex almost always disappoints on sale.

I suspect a lot of buyers in this price range are looking for safe watches that can be sold on if they don’t suit. If it looks like a bargain that can easily flipped.. it will sell in a heartbeat.. I’d find a watch that you really want and look at trade options.

In terms of your specific question.
    1, There’s some reliance on the previous sales advert. I think putting the prep into your own advert with decent photos works better for a watch in this price bracket. Pictures speak a thousand words.
    2, You are not very specific with your trade options.
    3, Don’t rely on SC for the sale.. advertise in lots of places.

It’s a stunning watch.. good luck with the sale

(Picture from google)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    I suspect most, if not all, of the people on this thread, have had a disappointing result on SC at some time or other. That’s just life, the reality of the hobby. It’s also why some people become obsessed with Rolex sports models!
    You are sounding a touch sorry for yourself....don’t be. In the ‘worst’ case you still own a fine watch.

I can see from the close up pictures that it’s a very well made timepiece. I think the problem is perception, we have all seen old vintage versions of this design selling for just a few hundred pounds so spending 5k is only going to appeal to a very small number of dedicated collectors. (I think Omega recognised this hence the small numbers produced).
    That’s why I was so surprised it sold so quickly at this price point but fortunately you seem to like it a lot so if I were you I would keep it and enjoy it.
    It has an understated elegance and charm so there’s every chance in several years it may be worth considerably more than you paid being as there were so few made.
    Last edited by shalako; 6th May 2019 at 09:52.

Not done anything wrong OP. It will sell at the price you want, but not quickly. I imagine on eBay it would sell within a week, but that would be your call. You were willing to pay that for the watch so no doubt someone else will also. Patience young Jedi

Blog Entries
    I love the watch but no cash to add another watch to my collection.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

What am I doing wrong?

Things are finally moving.. had a trade offer here, and I’ve messaged a couple of people on Chrono24 and I’ve got a couple of F2F coming up once I get back from holiday

Quote Originally Posted by scucivolo View Post
    Things are finally moving.. had a trade offer here, and I’ve messaged a couple of people on Chrono24 and I’ve got a couple of F2F coming up once I get back from holiday

Good stuff. Some lovely watches just take a while - hope you get it sorted soon

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by km9 View Post
    I might get flamed for this but I find non-watch sales items on SC sort of devalue the forum.
    Some of the high value items are fine but I don't know, I think I'd better stop!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    I agree. Quite a distraction

Look on the positive side though. You can shop for used clothes and shoes from the comfort of your armchair!