closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Snoopy does not sell for Peanuts

Craftsman

Snoopy does not sell for Peanuts

I'd heard of the Snoopy Speedie but never Googled it. Nice piece but boy I didnt think they were that expensive. This brings me onto the question: of the myriad of Speedie Ltd editions which ones apart from the Snoopy fetch more than their RRP adjusted for inflation?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by mhurley; 1st May 2019 at 08:15.

Quite a few, the Alaska, the 35th anniversary Apollo XI Panda and the Gemini IV to name but three. All three are pushing £10k these days. Not quite Snoopy territory though.

Master
    Almost all of them do, if not all of them. I can't think of any that are currently selling cheaper than their RRP.

Craftsman
    Are you sure? Someone was selling a speedy 57 60th on SC recently for under 5k. Weren't they over 6k retail?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mhurley View Post
    Are you sure? Someone was selling a speedy 57 60th on SC recently for under 5k. Weren't they over 6k retail?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
    Yep, but you need to separate the attractive and desirable models from the recent flogging a dead horse releases, which are most of the 60 year series, very metal looking and downright ugly. They seemed to have returned to form with the Ultraman and the 2020 Olympic series though.

I wish someone would buy the Snoopy on Chronext and put me out of my misery 😳

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubnut View Post
    I wish someone would buy the Snoopy on Chronext and put me out of my misery 
    Just buy it, you'll love it - I've had two 👍

Master
    I wish someone would buy the Snoopy on Chronext and put me out of my misery 😳
    Bargain as you can save £390 apparently if you buy it now

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Just buy it, you'll love it - I've had two 

I would be in deep do do with the wife if I bought that. I struggle to get my head around how they’ve reached the price they have too.

I would be in deep do do with the wife if I bought that. I struggle to get my head around how they’ve reached the price they have too.
    I agree, they jumped from £4.6k list to £6.5k on release, then they jumped to £8.5k around the time I had mine then next minute it was £10k, £13k and unbelievably £20k.

Having owned two, it is no more than a bog standard Speedie with a fancy dial and caseback and not worth anymore than £4.5k. Any value above that is linked to exclusivity and collectability etc.

Master
    I tried a Snoopy on maybe 3 or 4 years ago when they were around £5-6k I think.

I was totally underwhelmed with it as a watch. Clearly as an appreciating asset, it was something different.

But then I think about the other watches I've missed out on a huge profit by flipping - Hulk, SS GMT, RO 15400 to name but 3...........

Master
    What he said ^^^. I baulked at £5.5k for an original Snoopy a few years ago as it was obviously too much and so I thought I'd wait for the price to drop a little. I'm still waiting but lesson learned for now at least.

Craftsman
    I think having looked at more Speedy ltd editions the Speedy Tuesday is my fav

Sent from my SM-J500FN using TZ-UK mobile app