closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Jules Borel

Jules Borel

Anyone know how to register on the site I need info on a Seiko part but can't access the site without registering and for some strange reason you can only do that with a US address.

Thomas Reid

Re: Jules Borel

Quote Originally Posted by patrick
    Anyone know how to register on the site I need info on a Seiko part but can't access the site without registering and for some strange reason you can only do that with a US address.
    Not so. I'm registered, and have ordered from there a number of times. (Although I can't remember anything special about registering.)

I think you just try to log on, find you don't have a account, click the register button, then away you go?

Best wishes,
    Bob

Hi Bob took me a couple more attempts but got there in the end.Emailed them re-availability of a Seiko capacitor,got this reply a few hours later
    Dear Sir:

We sell to Watchmakers and Jewelers. We do not sell to individuals.

We also have a minimum of $50.00 for orders abroad.

We are sorry we cannot help you.

Regards,

Janice Winklhofer
    Seems they have changed their way of doing business. :)

Patrick,

Give Cousins a try.

Cheers Blue forgot about them. :)

Journeyman

Sorry to hear about the min. order. I have purchased from Jules Borel in the past. Back order items can take a bit of time, but otherwise a good company. Unfortunitly I don't have to place an order at this time, otherwise I would have added your cap to my list.

DaveB

Thomas Reid

Quote Originally Posted by patrick
    Hi Bob took me a couple more attempts but got there in the end.Emailed them re-availability of a Seiko capacitor,got this reply a few hours later
    Dear Sir:

We sell to Watchmakers and Jewelers. We do not sell to individuals.

We also have a minimum of $50.00 for orders abroad.

We are sorry we cannot help you.

Regards,

Janice Winklhofer
    Seems they have changed their way of doing business. :)
    I don't want to seem rude or anything, but I think that with such outfits you have to fit into their way of doing business. As I turns out, I've been doing more and more business with folks catering to other folks in the business, e.g., printing supply houses, watch materials houses, etc. I do my best to do business with them in the way that they expect. So, for example, if they want faxes of the orders, I fax them. Sometimes things get a bit tricky when it comes to payment, but I usually can work something out.

When it comes to watch bits, and places like Borel, I would hesitate to ask them for any help whatsoever. Especially if it would cost them more in time to help than they will get for the sales. (Frei has something to say about that. ;)) They expect you to know what you want. I would have my ducks lined up, knowing exactly which bits I want. Their on-line data base of parts is about the best I've seen (not that I have much experience). Also, with Borel in particular, I build up orders over time, and wait until I am well past their threshold for international orders (so that if they had something listed, but not in stock, I'll still make the threshold).

For many of these folks, dealing with individuals is a pain, and costly, so I do my best to fly under the radar. ;)

Best wishes,
    Bob

PS I remember one conversation that went something like this.

Me: I have to pay VAT, so would you please add that to the total.
    Them: VAT? You have to pay VAT. Does this mean that you are a person and not a company?
    Me: Alas, yes. I'm afraid that I am a person.

RLF