closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SOTC - update from a serial flipper

Thats not a bad result.

Just tapped on my RNs bezel and it does have a slight click. I wouldnt say it bothers me though.

The replacement RN300-83 QS60 arrived today with a much tighter and rattle free bezel.

To be honest I think that I was being too pernickety and the original would have been fine. Once again, top marks for Silvermans customer service.

Here it is with the RN300M QS60 and RN300P QS120

Really good to have one of these back

So, whats next?

Well, although I keep talking myself in and out of it, I am going to have to try an SF300. A far trickier proposition but I do feel compelled to give it a go!
    Last edited by Velorum; 18th June 2020 at 23:49. Reason: spelling

The SF300-83 QS60 arrived - no problems with the bezel I'm happy to report.

Ive been wearing it for a few days and have to say that I am taking to it more quickly than I thought I would.

I think that it looks good on the grey Eulit that I wear my other ones on

Journey to the dark side complete

photo hosting

SOTC - update from a serial flipper

Very nice - how do you like it in comparison to the standard 83? Always thought I would prefer the SBS versions for some reason before I decided to take a chance on my 83 reissue. Bit more toolish in the black was always my rationale....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The black finish makes it feel like a much more different watch than I was expecting

Although it might not seem it from the wrist shot (with the usual distortion due to close distance) I think that the black makes it wear slightly smaller

The vintage lume contracts nicely with the rest of it I think

Ive never owned anything in DLC/PVD but have read that they do tend to wear a touch smaller. You are right about the vintage lume, looks perfect with the black. Can you see yourself keeping both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    Can you see yourself keeping both?
    Well I sometimes struggle to see me keeping anything - hence the title of the thread!

But seriously, the black and polished case models are like having very different watches so there is no conflict there.

The Mk2 and polished 83 are very similar though - perhaps too much so to justify having both - something that I will ponder on, not that theres any rush. If one had to go it would be the MK2.

The matt MK1 is sufficiently different to feel like your having a change when you put it on - though it does seem unlikely that such a simple difference in case finishing would make it so.

A lovely quartet! Im glad you decided to try out a PVD cased example and Ive also noticed that my SBS looks smaller on my wrist compared to the RN.

After rotating PVD and standard cases around on a daily basis Ive concluded that the SBB is unlikely to get much wear

And so another round of flipping begins......

….and so, back to this

RN300-P - QS120

The '83 re-issues are now gone as I found that the more I looked the bezels the more I disliked them. They didn't really register that much at first but after a while their profile and what to me seemed like a 'plasticy' appearance began to jar. No regrets though - having them was an interesting exercise. The polished case one went in just under an hour on eBay with no low ball offers.

I also moved on the matt QS60 as I concluded that I much prefer the polished version. Again, the only way that I could really bottom this out was to have both and frequently swap between them.

Not sure what's next. I may be due a bit of Amphibia moding soon, not sure - I came across my box of watch tools and bits the other day which started my thinking about this. I also fancy another. PRS37 - which would be the 3rd or possibly the 4th. One would go nicely on the 20mm Eulit Panama I have been wearing daily for the past year that has become super comfy.

Noooooo, I missed the '83!

So you're back to just one for now again?

I've actually had a Vostok on order since May, my God that postal journey is something! Pretty much changed my mind about it since ordering so might be appearing on SC when it does finally arrive.

Not to worry - another one will pop up at some point I would think!

Yes, back to one at the moment

What model Vostok do you have on order?

420 cases seem to be a bit thin on the ground in the Meranom shop

It's a a red dialed komandirskie(no idea if I spelt that right).

It's funny because I'd been thinking about trying the yellow one for ages, then suddenly ordered the red. Not convinced I'll like it at this point tbh but will see. It was a lockdown madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Noooooo, I missed the '83!

So you're back to just one for now again?

I've actually had a Vostok on order since May, my God that postal journey is something! Pretty much changed my mind about it since ordering so might be appearing on SC when it does finally arrive.
    I nearly sent a PM to Ian when the Black one was listing suggesting that he kept that and sold the other 83 to me. I saw the Black one on e-bay but the steel one must have shifted.

Never mind, that's a bundle of cash saved.

I would have welcomed PMs from long standing members however it moved pretty quickly on eBay. I took the polished case one directly there as I didn't want to hang about- my instinct was right, it went in about an hour.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Another PRS37 - pictured here today on Seaton beach

Master
    Ian, you have a lot to answer for reading this thread made me buy a RN300-M QM60! 😁😁

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by ronin View Post
    Ian, you have a lot to answer for reading this thread made me buy a RN300-M QM60! 😁😁

Steve
    Did you go for a matt or polished case?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Did you go for a matt or polished case?

Matt case, I couldnt justify the extra pounds for the polish case.

Matt case, I couldnt justify the extra pounds for the polish case.
    I prefer polished but the matt ones are excellent

I struggle to recall which number Pogue this is. Its at least my fourth, if only I had kept a spreadsheet.....

This one needs a bit of work

Master
    I struggle to recall which number Pogue this is. Its at least my fourth, if only I had kept a spreadsheet.....

This one needs a bit of work

The Pogue always look nice but too many aftermarket examples out there for me. I wished I kept the one I bought even though it needed quite a bit of work to get it up to scratch.

Going back to the CWC, I wasn’t impressed by the cardboard packaging. I know the little metal boxes were cheap and nasty but they gave the feeling of an issued watch. Still the watch is terrific and will go nicely with the Eulit Perlon strap I bought!
    Last edited by ronin; 12th August 2020 at 11:46.

Got to agree that Seiko has a lovely splash of colour. I would like to have one in my small collection one day.

Enjoy

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Going back to the CWC, I wasnt impressed by the cardboard packaging. I know the little metal boxes were cheap and nasty but they gave the feeling of an issued watch. Still the watch is terrific and will go nicely with the Eulit Perlon strap I bought!
    If you talk to Silvermans at the point of ordering they will send new watches in one of the old tins instead of the awful new boxes

They still have a small stock of these left - not sure how many

Master
    If you talk to Silvermans at the point of ordering they will send new watches in one of the old tins instead of the awful new boxes

They still have a small stock of these left - not sure how many
    Thanks I have emailed them.

Steve

Back down the Pogue rabbit hole

Master
    Back down the Pogue rabbit hole

Blimey, another Pogue so soon!

There was I saying I would like to add one to my small collection and you have two within a blink of an eye. Well done

I am obliged to mr_esearch for selling me this all original example (apart from the East Tech bracelet) that he sourced from Duncan a couple of years back who fully serviced and pressure tested it. We have a gentleman's agreement that should I decide to move it on he has first dibs of course.

Master
    I am obliged to mr_esearch for selling me this all original example (apart from the East Tech bracelet) that he sourced from Duncan a couple of years back who fully serviced and pressure tested it. We have a gentleman's agreement that should I decide to move it on he has first dibs of course.

These Pogues wont be in the collection long. Back to the CWCs in no time😂

Now that looks really nice. Great that you managed to source a good one. I have been looking to get one of these for a while and keep coming back to them. I then get cold feet because I'm no expert and there seems to be so many iffy/questionable examples on ebay and the likes.