closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you change watches throughout the day?

Craftsman

Do you change watches throughout the day?

I do during the week. Working in the motor trade I wear my steel G-Shock for work. When I get home I change it for whichever of my two main watches I’m wearing that month - either my Speedmaster '57 or my SMPc, both automatics, to keep them wound for the weekend.

I don’t start work till 12:30 on Monday and Tuesday so it’s Omega, then G-Shock then Omega again.

What about you?
    Last edited by Motman; 30th April 2019 at 11:18.

I wear my X33 Skywalker every night - it has excellent lume (plus a backlight function for when your eyes haven't woken up) and three alarms, handy when you have small children and want to know that it's 3:30 and worth going back to sleep and to wake you up after you've been awake half the night! It's so light I don't notice it and if I fancy wearing it the next day (or can't be bothered winding and setting something else!) I don't have to take it off. I have different watches too depending on whether I'm off to the pub (or into London) but I do sometimes come home from work and stick something else on for the hell of it.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Because I'm white collar and seldom do anything more dangerous than cutting the grass or washing the car after work, I tend to keep the same watch on all day.

Chop and change, mostly between a ti GS on strap and Rolex Sub on bracelet depending on what I've been wearing at work. Sometimes the heft of the steel feels better, other times the lightness of the ti feels better.

Master
    Weekdays
    AM - I'll usually wear my apple watch as I go to the gym and have most of my meetings / calls in the morings.
    PM - I'll switch to whichever watch I fancy - usually my PRS-25 or Breitling

Weekends
    The apple watch gets a rest and I'll wear one of my others - if i'm decorating (doing up my mums place for sale) it'll be my orange monster but usually the breitling if there's nothing heavy planned. Occasionally I'll wheel out a quartz but they get very little use nowadays.

Apprentice
    I switch between 2 watches throughout the day. Main reason being I like both watches and second reason is the heat and humidity in the environment where I live.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Because I'm white collar and seldom do anything more dangerous than cutting the grass or washing the car after work, I tend to keep the same watch on all day.
    Same here except I don't even cut the grass or wash the car!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chronolector View Post
    I switch between 2 watches throughout the day. Main reason being I like both watches and second reason is the heat and humidity in the environment where I live.
    When I spent a lot of time in the Philippines I could only ever wear metal bracelets and rubber straps. My Panerai leather strap was destroyed after a weeks worth of humidity and sweat!

When I had my Max Bill, I would wear it during the day, and then change to something prettier in the evening, as it just didn't seem to fit sitting around doing nothing.

Journeyman
    Yep, generally two watches per day. I'm a firefighter so when on duty it's the G-Shock and when I'm home I stick the automatic on just to keep it wound up. Off duty days it's the Explorer 2 polar for me.

Master
    Yes, I'm always swapping! Well, I do like to wear as many of my watches as possible!!

Only when I'm on holidays or for a formal occasion. I take the watch off if I intend to get my hands dirty or need to keep them clean, otherwise I honestly can't be aLsed.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Yes, but not on daily basis.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I often change watches when I get home from work at the same time as changing into more casual clothing.

At other times when in the house I often change on a whim as I am passing my watch box.

I generally wear 2 watches a day, sometimes 3. I will likely wear those same watches for a week or so, before switching to another group of watches.

Pretty much every day, typically when I get showered and changed after work I'll pop a different watch on. Never really think about it but it is kinda routine if I'm honest.

Changing a watch for the evening isn’t changing your watch ‘throughout the day’.

Not many seem to do that (including me).

Master
    Don't get to wear mine for long during the week as i have a manual job so often swap at the weekend

Journeyman
    During the week when I wake up (just now as I’m a night worker) I wind my Cossie so it nearly always gets some wrist time, if I decide to row I put my Apple Watch on to track it and control my music, the perhaps I’ll put something else on until I go to work but then it’s always Apple Watch for work as I can’t manage without it’s functionality. On the weekend I tend to pick the watch best suited to what I will be doing, nothing on leather if it might get wet/sweaty and nothing expensive if it might get a beating (changing the brakes on her car this weekend)
    So I probably swap about more than most, I don’t see it as a chore TBH and sometimes it’s something I relish.

Gaz

I have 3 (maybe 4) exceptions to wearing the same watch all day (and often for a number of days).

1) Going to the gym - I always wear a cheap Lorus retrograde chrono I have for the gym - I don't care if it gets bashed and I never wear it anywhere else.
    2) Going diving - If I'm diving in the UK, I'll wear my Citizen Eco Drive 300M diver. If I'm going in the pool for some reason, I'll usually wear my Christopher Ward Makira (again, I don't really wear it anywhere else) or one of my other divers, exceptionally.
    3) If I'm going out in a shirt (I rarely wear shirts with collars and cuffs), when I might swap to a lower profile watch to fit under my shirt cuff.

Otherwise, I usually wear the same watch all day, unless something new arrives in the post or I decide I've been wearing the same watch for too long and switch (the 4th exception).

Generally, I get up and put on the watch I was wearing the night before - I don't usually sleep in a watch.

M
    Last edited by snowman; 30th April 2019 at 15:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    I often change watches when I get home from work at the same time as changing into more casual clothing.

At other times when in the house I often change on a whim as I am passing my watch box.
    That's me too.
    I'm relieved to hear that it's not just me....

Master
    I often change my watch whilst browsing the forum or any other watch related topics, can feel a change coming on right now

Normally change watches at the weekend, unless a new arrival turns up then that has to be worn for a few days before putting it on SC 😂😂

Wear some form of beater through the week usually a cheap Casio
    Come Friday teatime I usually change to a nice watch and wear it until Sunday evening

Quote Originally Posted by Uglybug View Post
    During the week when I wake up (just now as I’m a sex worker) I wind my Cossie so it nearly always gets some wrist time, if I decide to row I put my Apple Watch on to track it and control my music, the perhaps I’ll put something else on until I go to work but then it’s always Apple Watch for work as I can’t manage without it’s functionality. On the weekend I tend to pick the watch best suited to what I will be doing, nothing on leather if it might get wet/sweaty and nothing expensive if it might get a beating (changing the brakes on her car this weekend)
    So I probably swap about more than most, I don’t see it as a chore TBH and sometimes it’s something I relish.

Gaz
    That would have been funnier, though .............

(Read the entire post .........)

Apprentice
    I’ve recently bought a Ti GS and it’s my daily wear in the office. I love how light it is. When I get home I often swap it for my Planet Ocean 2500.... which I’ve had for almost a decade. Don’t think I’ll ever bring myself to sell it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, sometimes several times.

No, I'm a one-watch person now, so it's the same watch day in, day out.

Generally wear the same watch for the day, but if I'm going out in the evening I might think about changing watches - I rarely do though.
    It's just a matter of time...

I mostly wear one watch for the day, sometimes another for the evening and then a quartz marathon for overnight.

Journeyman

Usually take a spare to work and switch at lunchtime......
    Today - Santos for breakfast, AT Chrono for lunch and afternoon tea!!!

Blog Entries
    I tend to wear the same watch but currently have a fetish to change the straps. I have a lovely incoming strap. It’s a lot cheaper the switching watches!

but tend to wet the same watch days at a time.

Martyn.

Master
    I sometimes switch at home in the evening, pop the beater on. Otherwise no, the daily wearer at all times

G Shock at the gym in the morning, smarter watch, usually a Grand Seiko, at work then change into a more casual watch in the evening to withstand the rigours of bath and bedtime for two small children. So I suppose I change my watches to suit the formality of my clothing.

Craftsman
    No because I only keep one at home. On holiday I do

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDunc View Post
    Usually take a spare to work and switch at lunchtime......
    Today - Santos for breakfast, AT Chrono for lunch and afternoon tea!!!

That Sir, is a handsome watch!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    That would have been funnier, though .............

(Read the entire post .........)
    Hahaha wet and sweaty hahaha

Craftsman
    3 changes a day for me..

G-Shock into the gym.
    Something fancy for the office.
    Then a beater (casio, swatch, bb58) for when i doss around the flat at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post

My thoughts precisely!

BUBI 0_0

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I tend to wear the same watch but currently have a fetish to change the straps. I have a lovely incoming strap. It’s a lot cheaper the switching watches!

but tend to wet the same watch days at a time.

Martyn.
    I hope there waterproof !

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Anything up to 4 different watches in a day..

Desk work / beater - Omega 3520.50 on bracelet
    In from work, dinner - Steinhart OVM on nato or blueberry or leather
    DIY / Building - Seiko SNK805K2 on webbing
    Going out - Tudor GMT or Longines Heritage 73 - both on leather

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using TZ-UK mobile app

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.
    ^^^^ This - but more often not!

Craftsman
    Garmin 735 for commute to work including run from Waterloo to office. Post shower I wear my Aqua Terra or BB GMT. When I get home I put the 735 on again, so I don't have to be careful about what I'm doing, which might just be putting the kids to bed, but could also be working on cars and DIY.

I regularly wear 3 watches in a 24hour period;

1 - A good watch (Rolex/Omega); whilst at work Mon-Fri or just hanging about at weekends.
    2 - A working watch; normally a CWC or Seiko for when I am doing anything manual.
    3 - At night (in bed) I wear a G-Shock that auto lights up.

I may also wear a beater Casio if I'm really hacking into something or welding and there may also be a cycling watch there if Im out on the road bike.

Mad stuff...

I change watches once at most throughout the day. One for work/everyday and another for fun/casual/special event after work.

Craftsman
    I take my watch off whenever I get home, usually I put the same one back on but do change them at times, thinking back I seem to change them throughout the day in the summer more so than I do during the winter months

Usually not. The only specific time I would is when I'm wearing a nicer, automatic watch and I'm going to the gym via my home. I would then change to my G-Shock or Suunto.

Oh and like several people on this thread, I would also change to an automatic watch when I get home just to keep them wound. However more often than not I would just manually wind them.

Not during the day but like most, change daily.
    I don't think I've worn the same watch for 2 days running??

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Master
    Most days I do at least once, I wear my Seiko OM at night due to the great lume, during the day it tends to be one out of the collection -not quite in rotation- to keep most wound, or at times a beater depending on what's on the lists of jobs that day.