Good morning all I’m after a little advice if you please. Last year (on my birthday as it happens) I purchased this Jaeger LeCoultre WWW from a local charity shop on a bit of a whim knowing roughly that it seemed to be a “dirty dozen” watch.

Since then it’s pretty much sat in a drawer only being worn on a couple of occasions, but I have done a little more research into the Dirty Dozen.
From what I have managed to dig up so far, it seems that on this watch the case back may be incorrect as it should have the military numbers stamped into it. There is a number stamped into the case back, and this is quite a deep stamp, so my initial thoughts are that the case back is more likely to be a replacement rather than having had the numbers polished out.

Also, looking at pictures on the good old internet it looks like the crown is also incorrect and may be a “generic” replacement. Most of the ones I can see in the pictures I’ve looked at seem to be a little thinner and more domed on the top.
Today I decided to ask a local jeweller to take the back off so that I could have a look inside at the movement - pictures below.

The movement is signed as “Jaeger LeCoultre” and is ticking away beautifully. It also has a serial number on the movement - although this doesn’t match the serial number on the case back. Also, there are numerous servicing and repair marks scratched into the case back, but these were very difficult to photograph with my crappy phone.
So I have a couple of questions which I am hoping the forum WISdom may be able to help with please;
I would be interested to hear any thoughts on the case back and crown being incorrect - and also what the possibility may be of obtaining a correct crown and case back.
Next, does the movement look correct for this watch?? I have had a look at some images on the web and it does look OK to me, but I have a VERY untrained eye.
Thirdly is there any on line resource available where I may be able to look up either of the numbers stamped into the watch, or would I be able to email Jaeger LeCoultre directly and ask for some information?
Lastly, does anyone have any idea on the value of this watch?? I paid a pretty fair whack for it (a very, very long way over the £15 price tag) in the knowledge that if it turned out to be a dud, a local charity would have done well out of it - and it was my birthday after all!!
I would appreciate any thoughts you may have, and also if you could point me in the direction of any resources where I could look up the numbers stamped into the watch.
Many thanks.
Paul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk