closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opportunity to buy a 116719 White Gold Pepsi but would have to sell PP 5167

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Holsterman View Post
    I've no idea what you do with your watches, but my 5712 has no scratches on its bezel (touch wood!).

I'm not a fan of the six-digit Rolex GMT in any iteration, nor the Aquanaut, but if I had an Aquanaut I certainly would not sell it right now.
    I absolutely mother my watches like a fanatic, and the PP brushed bezels and their polished surrounds, never did it for me. Far too delicate.

Journeyman
    I’d rather trade the Aquanaut for a gold Daytona on Oysterflex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to an old thread but went to look at a 116719 with black dial yesterday. Absolutely loved it and was EXTREMELY tempted to swap it for my 5167. I wasn't 100% and didn't want to make a rash decision so I left it and the dealer has contacted me today with an offer which has got me thinking.

He is due to get a 2019 GMT Master II 126710 BLRO at the weekend and said he'd trade my 5167 for that AND a 116610LV from 2015 that he has in stock.

Now I had the 126710 a few months ago and didn't get on with the jubilee bracelet but my thinking with this deal is I believe the bracelet from the 116610 will fit on the BLRO giving me the Pepsi GMT in SS with oyster bracelet (with also my preferred brushed bracelet).

Now for the man maths. Currently WF have 2 5167's, a 2016 @ £32750 and a 2018 @ £33750.

I personally think they are realistically around £25000 (That's what WF offered me for mine).

116719's are at £28,150rrp and seem to be realising about £25,000+ on the resale market.

126710 BLRO's are selling at around £15,000 and 116610LV's around £12,000

Could the last option of the LV and the BLRO be my perfect option? I am seriously tempted.
    Last edited by paneristi372; 4th July 2019 at 21:27.

Journeyman
    I would never swap a PP for a Rolex. I have had a few of both, and IMHO PP is a league above when it comes to quality, finish and feel.

Prices for 126710 are starting to soften and £12k for a 2015 116610LV is too heavy.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I guess you need to think hard if that’s the what you want and that once gone it will be near impossible to replace in these crazy times.

Only way mine is going is if it gets upgraded for another PP.
    Last edited by kultschar; 6th July 2019 at 17:51.

I would take the deal.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by roanje View Post
    I would never swap a PP for a Rolex. I have had a few of both, and IMHO PP is a league above when it comes to quality, finish and feel.
    I’m the opposite. So much wanted to love my PP. Just didn’t. May revisit one day but I just far prefer Rolex.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    I would take the deal.
    Me too. The BLRO is a stunner.

Master
    I doubt some of the quoted prices...what people ask,and what they get, can be very different things. You can see that on SC where, for example, people ask strong prices for Daytonas with oysterflex. Nothing happens. Not least because ADs will discount these Models, regardless of what they say for public consumption.
    Thus a 29k gold Rolex can be bought from an AD for 26k, and so on. I’ve never paid retail for a gold model, including the less common Daytonas. Although I used to get 20%, now it’s 10%. As with steel, Rolex seem to be restricting supply.
    But with a 37% mark-up, there’s room to negotiate.
    Last edited by paskinner; 6th July 2019 at 18:37.

Master
    If you do have the opportunity to buy the BLRO with money, I would be very happy to, in turn buy it from you!!
    I’ve been looking for one at sensible money for ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Seems like this is a financial decision for you - does it make financial sense to swap out the aquanaut for a couple of steel Rolexes?

For me, I went the other way because I wanted the aquanaut which I considered a step up. I then sold the aquanaut and bought a gold skydweller (since gone)...

Question really is whether you want to keep the PP? If not, the what do you really want instead - steel sports Rolexes, a gold GMT or something else?

At this sort of money, and with the market as it is, a grand or two either way doesn’t really matter - main thing is that you are satisfied with the watches you end up with.

Blog Entries
    Slight OT, what's the current wait time for an Aquanaut?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Slight OT, what's the current wait time for an Aquanaut?
    Patek London Salon lists are closed.

Other places prob depend more on how much they value you - kind of like Daytona

Blog Entries
    Ouch, the bubble continues.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The Rolex every time. It feels like an event every time you wear it. The PP, on the other hand, was a damp squib, an anticlimax. Just a bit worthy, but dull. Nice......like your favourite aunt. No frisson to the relationship.....in no way special.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    I doubt some of the quoted prices...what people ask,and what they get, can be very different things. You can see that on SC where, for example, people ask strong prices for Daytonas with oysterflex. Nothing happens. Not least because ADs will discount these Models, regardless of what they say for public consumption.
    Thus a 29k gold Rolex can be bought from an AD for 26k, and so on. I’ve never paid retail for a gold model, including the less common Daytonas. Although I used to get 20%, now it’s 10%. As with steel, Rolex seem to be restricting supply.
    But with a 37% mark-up, there’s room to negotiate.
    You can forget discounts on the current WG GMT line up. Secondaries are offering well in excess of RRP, and availability via ADs is severely restricted.