closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We are Premier League, say we are .....

As someone with no dog in this fight, I am loving this year’s Championship playoffs! The Leeds v Derby second leg is as entertaining a game as I’ve seen in a long time.
    3-3 (at the moment), 30 odd shots on goal, one red and goodness knows how many yellow and a keeper who is petrifying his back four every time the ball gets in the final third.

And now it’s 4-3 Derby as I write!

Awesome game!

Master
    Blog Entries

We are Premier League, say we are .....

Well done Rams, cracking game that. Lampard back in the Prem????
    Last edited by Middo; 15th May 2019 at 21:53.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Well done Rams, cracking game that. Lampard back in the Prem????
    Lampard v Terry!!!

The Rams is full of ex City players so cant be too hard on them…. Fair play to them…!

Blog Entries
    Well done Derby but boy I feel for the Leeds fans. There has been a lot of edgy banter this season between us but I genuinely feel for them.

Now who would we most want to face in the Prem.......

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Well done Derby but boy I feel for the Leeds fans. There has been a lot of edgy banter this season between us but I genuinely feel for them.

Now who would we most want to face in the Prem.......
    We are quite familiar with the concept of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. The only surprise was that this season we managed to delay it almost to the play off finals as opposed to finishing in our almost customary seventh place!

Great game last night , I have to admit I was glad to see Leeds lose ..its been a bad enough season already with utd going up , good luck to Derby in the final ..you have to like Frank Lampard .

A red card each for Derby and Leeds last night and West Brom picked up one in each semi-final leg. Derby is the team I feared the least, mainly because we have some players Leeds and West Brom like to kick about, but also because we've beaten them 4-0 and 3-0 already this season. On Tuesday you could see the West Brom players targeting Villa's striker's shoulder (I saw at least two times off the ball too - once he was shoved over, the other time he was shoulder barged), which he injured a few games back and has been an issue for him. The Baggies need a new manager and will have to ditch a few players and bring in some new ones but if Leeds can avoid losing their best players and if Bamford can grow some balls and stop falling over they are strong candidates for promotion next year.

It was a good match last night though, I was in the pub with PhilipK for the second half. I thought Leeds approach to going a man down was dire though, they left their players on but committed too many forward. I think I'd have taken the West Brom approach and hung back to try to catch them on the counter. Both teams played some really nice football all the same, it would have made a good final.
    You can live in your car but you can't drive your house.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    We are quite familiar with the concept of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. The only surprise was that this season we managed to delay it almost to the play off finals as opposed to finishing in our almost customary seventh place!
    When you played us earlier in the season the void between the two teams was huge, you were just in a completely different class and deserved to thrash us. Why oh why you implode who knows, but how frustrating, the support though I have seen after the the Villa game is great and a credit to the fans and club.

Good luck next season Dave and I do hope you have a cracking one, you really do reserve it.

Pitch

Will be an interesting prem next year. Of the promoted teams Sheff Utd are nailed on relegation fodder. Norwich play some good stuff but scoring goals in the prem isn't easy however they could stay up if they invested in a decent striker and a bit more power in midfield. If Villa went up they have the money to be stable. If Derby go up that's another relegation fodder side.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    When you played us earlier in the season the void between the two teams was huge, you were just in a completely different class and deserved to thrash us. Why oh why you implode who knows, but how frustrating, the support though I have seen after the the Villa game is great and a credit to the fans and club.

Good luck next season Dave and I do hope you have a cracking one, you really do reserve it.

Pitch
    Cheers Pitch; the best two teams went up this year and I didn’t hold out much hope against Villa had we got to the final TBH.

As I mentioned earlier, losing both of our home games to you guys and Sheffield Utd was our real downfall. Had we won them, we’d have been promoted with a game to spare!

Last time we were in this position, it was Norwich who took all our best players!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Cheers Pitch; the best two teams went up this year and I didn’t hold out much hope against Villa had we got to the final TBH.

As I mentioned earlier, losing both of our home games to you guys and Sheffield Utd was our real downfall. Had we won them, we’d have been promoted with a game to spare!

Last time we were in this position, it was Norwich who took all our best players!
    Mrs P said this morning is there anyone at Leeds Webber and Farke would go for and really don't think so.

The German regime are now firmly into bringing the youth academy in and German second division un-knowns and it seems to be working very well, well this season anyway.

Our biggest problem going forward is holding onto the management team and structure, not necessary the players.

Journeyman
    Felt for the Leeds fans but the team did there usual and let them down.
    Great supporters very poor team !

Blog Entries
    Seems Patrick Roberts has joined The Canaries on a season long loan.
    Good move for both parties. This boy deserves his time in the Premier League .

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Seems Patrick Roberts has joined The Canaries on a season long loan.
    Good move for both parties. This boy deserves his time in the Premier League .
    Seems like he comes highly regarded, hopefully a good bit of business.
    Gunn had a good season with us so Man City seem pleased he will get the experience.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    Seems like he comes highly regarded, hopefully a good bit of business.
    Gunn had a good season with us so Man City seem pleased he will get the experience.

Gunn was too good to be No 2 to Ederson. Hopefully, Southampton will see the best of him now he’s their first choice.
    I did think Norwich would’ve taken him but I suppose it was a high asking price.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Gunn was too good to be No 2 to Ederson. Hopefully, Southampton will see the best of him now he’s their first choice.
    I did think Norwich would’ve taken him but I suppose it was a high asking price.
    I would have liked to see Gunn at Norwich, but as you say the price was probably too high.
    Wonder if he can be lured back, he certainly enjoyed himself when he was here.