closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We are Premier League, say we are .....

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

We are Premier League, say we are .....

A fantastic couple of seasons under Stuart Webber, Daniel Farke and the German influence.

Wages capped, free and minimal fee transfers, academy players occupying 25-30% of the starting lineup, a back line under 24 years of age.

Proof you can achieve the unthinkable as a very small club without big names, big money and big fuss.

Yes we will seesaw but will remain financially sound. I salute and adore my beloved NORWICH CITY FC.

OTBC.

Pitch

Blog Entries
    I predict three seasons in the prem for the canaries…

Autumn, winter and Spring 😆

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

Autumn, winter and Spring 
    #Tw@t

Craftsman

Autumn, winter and Spring
    cheeky

Well done and hoping Leeds can do it as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Autumn, winter and Spring 
    LOL!

Blog Entries
    Lovely pic Bootsy.

Cracking comments up there and cheers guys.

There has been plenty of banter over the season but as a footy fan I real do feel the pain for you Leeds fellas, been there.

Roll on tomorrow and then the celebration in the city Monday with the squad.

Pitch

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    A fantastic couple of seasons under Stuart Webber, Daniel Farke and the German influence.

Wages capped, free and minimal fee transfers, academy players occupying 25-30% of the starting lineup, a back line under 24 years of age.

Proof you can achieve the unthinkable as a very small club without big names, big money and big fuss.

Yes we will seesaw but will remain financially sound. I salute and adore my beloved NORWICH CITY FC.

OTBC.

Pitch
    It has been one heck of a season and last night was wonderful.
    I am glad I was there and proud to be a Norwich fan.
    OTBC

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    It has been one heck of a season and last night was wonderful.
    I am glad I was there and proud to be a Norwich fan.
    OTBC

We are Season Ticket holders and missed one home game all season until last night......

Wedding at The Assembly House at tea time.......... just don’t go there.......

Stayed at 38 St Gilles last night and just had to get down to the ground this morning, lots round and it was still buzzing

I have huge confidence in the present set up. Long may it continue.

Pitch

Fantastic achievement and good to see Norwich back in the top league.

Craftsman
    We are Season Ticket holders and missed one home game all season until last night......

Wedding at The Assembly House at tea time.......... just don’t go there.......

Stayed at 38 St Gilles last night and just had to get down to the ground this morning, lots round and it was still buzzing

I have huge confidence in the present set up. Long may it continue.

Pitch
    Typical, why do people not realise that planning silly things like weddings during the football season just causes so much grief.... it's just selfish
    How was the hotel? Does look nice!

Easter weekend was one to forget as a Leeds fan living in Sheffield...

Norwich had a very strong season and good luck to them. They will probably come back down again but most teams who get promoted will suffer the same fate unfortunately.

Sheff Utd capitalised on Leeds' slip-ups over the Easter weekend and good luck to them.

I doubt Leeds have much left to give now so haven't much hope for the play-offs but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    Easter weekend was one to forget as a Leeds fan living in Sheffield...

Norwich had a very strong season and good luck to them. They will probably come back down again but most teams who get promoted will suffer the same fate unfortunately.

Sheff Utd capitalised on Leeds' slip-ups over the Easter weekend and good luck to them.

I doubt Leeds have much left to give now so haven't much hope for the play-offs but you never know.
    Whilst the Easter weekend was undoubtedly the nail in the coffin for Leeds, the main issue IMHO was losing at home to both Norwich and Sheffield United.

Add six points to Leeds and take three each from Norwich and you’d have a completely different Scenario right now.

Leeds - 89 points
    Norwich - 88 points
    Sheffield - 85 points

Those six pointers make a huge difference!

Owl1
    Great game last night , I have to admit I was glad to see Leeds lose ..its been a bad enough season already with utd going up , good luck to Derby in the final ..you have to like Frank Lampard .

Owl1
    Well done Norwich . I walked to my car with a Norwich supporter and his son after the match at Hillsborough , a couple of seasons ago
    (Norwich lost 5_ 1 ) they were very dejected with the performance and situation at the club …..I would love to see them now .

Master
    Pukki never got much of an opportunity at Celtic. There always looked to be a talented player there. Good luck to him and Norwich in the top flight next season. I spent three years at UEA in the mid 1980s. Beautiful city.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Crikey, I didn't realise they had a team!!!

Well Done! Always close to my heart to - I spent three years at UEA in the mid 70s!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl1 View Post
    Well done Norwich . I walked to my car with a Norwich supporter and his son after the match at Hillsborough , a couple of seasons ago
    (Norwich lost 5_ 1 ) they were very dejected with the performance and situation at the club …..I would love to see them now .
    I was at that game, we were cheering when we touched the ball! Not much else to cheer about

UEA for me in early 90s and PhD in late 90s. Well done Norwich! I hope they do well in the premiership.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

As a dejected Leeds fan, I can only congratulate both Norwich and Sheffield United for keeping going until the end and not stopping for Easter!

Thoroughly deserved and I doubt we’ll be joining you there next season as our play off record is poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    As a dejected Leeds fan, I can only congratulate both Norwich and Sheffield United for keeping going until the end and not stopping for Easter!

Thoroughly deserved and I doubt we’ll be joining you there next season as our play off record is poor.
    Sums it up, really. We're excellent at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, and I don't have any great hopes for the play offs - it feels like whatever momentum we built up this season has all gone now.

Journeyman
    Felt for the Leeds fans but the team did there usual and let them down.
    Great supporters very poor team !

Seems Patrick Roberts has joined The Canaries on a season long loan.
    Good move for both parties. This boy deserves his time in the Premier League .

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Seems Patrick Roberts has joined The Canaries on a season long loan.
    Good move for both parties. This boy deserves his time in the Premier League .
    Seems like he comes highly regarded, hopefully a good bit of business.
    Gunn had a good season with us so Man City seem pleased he will get the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    Seems like he comes highly regarded, hopefully a good bit of business.
    Gunn had a good season with us so Man City seem pleased he will get the experience.

Gunn was too good to be No 2 to Ederson. Hopefully, Southampton will see the best of him now he’s their first choice.
    I did think Norwich would’ve taken him but I suppose it was a high asking price.

OTBC.

Pitch
    Norwich used to have a good youth academy back in the 90s (had a friend who was the product of it) and then lost its way. I've always believed the idea of the 'team' is much more important to be a mid/solid Premier League team. Just look at the likes of Burnley and Bournemouth. Compare and contrast with Fulham who spent millions in the summer and got nowhere.

Welcome to the Premier League!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Norwich used to have a good youth academy back in the 90s (had a friend who was the product of it) and then lost its way.
    I have nothing but respect for the current lads in the academy. These youngsters are in a position where nobody would be surprised if they were completely self-centred and proud and yet, every week, a contingency of them are out feeding the homeless people of Norwich. Chaps — I salute you for keeping life in perspective.

I think Norwich will finish top. Villa need to conserve their best players for the play-offs and aren't fighting for anything other than to carry some momentum into the following two matches. For Norwich it's the last match of the season and they're fighting for first. The only possible banana skin is there'll be Villa players playing their last matches at home in front of a 40k crowd and they may well have different ideas about it all!

What may be a problem for Leeds is Bamford's theatrics against Villa might leave them without a striker for the next couple of matches - the Ipswich match not mattering (because Leeds will remain where they are in the league) but it might be a problem in the first semi-final playoff against Derby (probably) or Boro (possibly).

I think if Villa and Leeds make it into the play-off final, Villa will be out for vengeance big time and will absolutely stuff them. The play-offs will be interesting though, Leeds vs Derby or Boro and Villa vs West Brom.
    "A man of little significance"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I think Norwich will finish top. Villa need to conserve their best players for the play-offs and aren't fighting for anything other than to carry some momentum into the following two matches. For Norwich it's the last match of the season and they're fighting for first. The only possible banana skin is there'll be Villa players playing their last matches at home in front of a 40k crowd and they may well have different ideas about it all!

What may be a problem for Leeds is Bamford's theatrics against Villa might leave them without a striker for the next couple of matches - the Ipswich match not mattering (because Leeds will remain where they are in the league) but it might be a problem in the first semi-final playoff against Derby (probably) or Boro (possibly).

I think if Villa and Leeds make it into the play-off final, Villa will be out for vengeance big time and will absolutely stuff them. The play-offs will be interesting though, Leeds vs Derby or Boro and Villa vs West Brom.
    The play offs have a habit of being one the best games of the season…. Been involved in many an epic encounter myself…

Most expensive game in football I believe

The stakes couldn’t be any higher…. Pure drama

A great introduction the championship

Journeyman
    Congrats to Norwich.

But I really hope Leeds United can be back next season.

Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

Another canary here ... good times , and unexpected . Would be great if we can build on this team and establish for a few years at least.

Although I fear both fullbacks will be off within a year or two !
    Playing amazing football , although I feel we could do with a Sutchy character in the middle ;)

Craftsman
    Congratulations, enjoy the rollercoaster!

I was looking through past tables recently, seeing what had happened to the clubs that had been promoted via the play-offs. In general, expecting and planning for a fairly prompt return to the Championship seems a good idea.

If it’s any consolation, my money’s (figuratively speaking, I don’t bet) on Villa to win the play offs.

If it’s any consolation, my money’s (figuratively speaking, I don’t bet) on Villa to win the play offs.
    I think we can do it, it does depend how badly fouled Grealish is. Last time we played West Brom they wiped him out for three months and it effectively killed our season. We have to play them twice before we even get to Leeds (or Derby or Boro, but my money's definitely on Leeds).

Unfortunately we spent the last six or seven years we were in the PL floating around in the bottom five places, and it's no fun at all. Fulham have shown that throwing around £100million when you're promoted doesn't always count for much. Villa have a team that's perfectly capable of pulling itself out of the Championship (very much the hard way), but I can't see more than four or five PL-quality players in the squad (three of whom are on loan), with a couple in the reserves who'll probably come good. And we have a squad put together over the last three years of some of the best players in the Championship. Bearing in mind we've spent our way to where we are, we'd have to invest very heavily to become a team capable of staying in the PL. And that's the problem Norwich, Sheffield and whoever wins the play-offs will have.

Playoff winners, last ten years:

Burnley, immediate relegation
    Blackpool, immediate relegation
    Swansea, relegated in 7th season
    West Ham, still in PL, 7 seasons
    Crystal Palace, still in PL, 6 seasons
    QPR, immediate relegation
    Norwich, immediate relegation
    Hull, immediate relegation
    Huddersfield, relegated in 2nd season
    Fulham, immediate relegation

My 9 year old, my 78 year old Dad and I are season ticket holders and this season has just been so special.

Saturday night was the icing on the cake

For those that missed it Under the Cosh has been excellent this season. None better than Sunday's

Congratulations to Norwich, fully deserved and love the fact they did not throw silly money at the promotion. Hopefully we (Preston) will some day experience the premier league! Though I doubt it!

Craftsman
    Now, the championships getting interesting.

Massive Norwich fan here, I was up at 2:30am to watch the match when we secured promotion. I remember the days under Roeder and how the atmosphere was around the club back then. Brilliant to see 5,000 of them traveling away to matches. Even if we come back down next season then this season is a great example to other clubs of how coaching the youngsters can really pay off without having to poach from other places.

OTBC

Villa beat West Brom on penalties last night (our reserve reserve goalie, who's been a permanent fixture since our allegedly better goalies injured themselves, despite the fact we've had this one for years and never given him a chance, saved the first two penalties!) and we're off to Wemberley, where it would be a remarkable turnaround by Derby to come back from a goal down to Leeds in the first semi-final leg to join us, especially as they're at Elland Road tonight for the second leg. Either way there's a big club coming up in third place, I hope it's us but I've enjoyed the Championship after many years of fighting off relegation. It would be nice if Derby did it though, we've beaten them 7-0 so far this season! Either way we have incredibly rich owners so we'll be buying our way into and up the PL table. We did, however, play three players from our academy last night (plus Tammy Abraham from Chelsea's academy and Axel Tuanzebe from ManU's, two names to watch), and we are it seems investing massively in youth. It would be nice to be promoted so we can beat Norwich soon!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Villa beat West Brom on penalties last night (our reserve reserve goalie, who's been a permanent fixture since our allegedly better goalies injured themselves, despite the fact we've had this one for years and never given him a chance, saved the first two penalties!) and we're off to Wemberley, where it would be a remarkable turnaround by Derby to come back from a goal down to Leeds in the first semi-final leg to join us, especially as they're at Elland Road tonight for the second leg. Either way there's a big club coming up in third place, I hope it's us but I've enjoyed the Championship after many years of fighting off relegation. It would be nice if Derby did it though, we've beaten them 7-0 so far this season! Either way we have incredibly rich owners so we'll be buying our way into and up the PL table. We did, however, play three players from our academy last night (plus Tammy Abraham from Chelsea's academy and Axel Tuanzebe from ManU's, two names to watch), and we are it seems investing massively in youth. It would be nice to be promoted so we can beat Norwich soon!
    Taking refuge from the other football thread as people are starting to embarrass themselves !!!

Best of luck…. Always quite liked Villa and one of my earlier football memories was watching them do well in Europe!

Have a soft spot for Leeds too as had a season ticket their for one year whilst working in the Dales (came with the job!)

Either way a titan of English football will be returning to the Prem so has to be good…

It’s always been the case that the play off final has been one of THE most exciting games of the season (attended some classics too!)

Master
    Blog Entries

We are Premier League, say we are .....

Well done Rams, cracking game that. Lampard back in the Prem????
    Last edited by Middo; 15th May 2019 at 21:53.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Well done Rams, cracking game that. Lampard back in the Prem????
    Lampard v Terry!!!

The Rams is full of ex City players so cant be too hard on them…. Fair play to them…!

Blog Entries
    Well done Derby but boy I feel for the Leeds fans. There has been a lot of edgy banter this season between us but I genuinely feel for them.

Now who would we most want to face in the Prem.......

Well done Derby but boy I feel for the Leeds fans. There has been a lot of edgy banter this season between us but I genuinely feel for them.

Now who would we most want to face in the Prem.......
    We are quite familiar with the concept of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. The only surprise was that this season we managed to delay it almost to the play off finals as opposed to finishing in our almost customary seventh place!

Blog Entries
    We are quite familiar with the concept of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. The only surprise was that this season we managed to delay it almost to the play off finals as opposed to finishing in our almost customary seventh place!
    When you played us earlier in the season the void between the two teams was huge, you were just in a completely different class and deserved to thrash us. Why oh why you implode who knows, but how frustrating, the support though I have seen after the the Villa game is great and a credit to the fans and club.

Good luck next season Dave and I do hope you have a cracking one, you really do reserve it.

Pitch

A red card each for Derby and Leeds last night and West Brom picked up one in each semi-final leg. Derby is the team I feared the least, mainly because we have some players Leeds and West Brom like to kick about, but also because we've beaten them 4-0 and 3-0 already this season. On Tuesday you could see the West Brom players targeting Villa's striker's shoulder (I saw at least two times off the ball too - once he was shoved over, the other time he was shoulder barged), which he injured a few games back and has been an issue for him. The Baggies need a new manager and will have to ditch a few players and bring in some new ones but if Leeds can avoid losing their best players and if Bamford can grow some balls and stop falling over they are strong candidates for promotion next year.

It was a good match last night though, I was in the pub with PhilipK for the second half. I thought Leeds approach to going a man down was dire though, they left their players on but committed too many forward. I think I'd have taken the West Brom approach and hung back to try to catch them on the counter. Both teams played some really nice football all the same, it would have made a good final.

Will be an interesting prem next year. Of the promoted teams Sheff Utd are nailed on relegation fodder. Norwich play some good stuff but scoring goals in the prem isn't easy however they could stay up if they invested in a decent striker and a bit more power in midfield. If Villa went up they have the money to be stable. If Derby go up that's another relegation fodder side.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk