closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We are Premier League, say we are .....

Blog Entries

We are Premier League, say we are .....

A fantastic couple of seasons under Stuart Webber, Daniel Farke and the German influence.

Wages capped, free and minimal fee transfers, academy players occupying 25-30% of the starting lineup, a back line under 24 years of age.

Proof you can achieve the unthinkable as a very small club without big names, big money and big fuss.

Yes we will seesaw but will remain financially sound. I salute and adore my beloved NORWICH CITY FC.

OTBC.

Pitch

Blog Entries
    I predict three seasons in the prem for the canaries…

Autumn, winter and Spring 😆

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    A fantastic couple of seasons under Stuart Webber, Daniel Farke and the German influence.

Wages capped, free and minimal fee transfers, academy players occupying 25-30% of the starting lineup, a back line under 24 years of age.

Proof you can achieve the unthinkable as a very small club without big names, big money and big fuss.

Yes we will seesaw but will remain financially sound. I salute and adore my beloved NORWICH CITY FC.

OTBC.

Pitch
    It has been one heck of a season and last night was wonderful.
    I am glad I was there and proud to be a Norwich fan.
    OTBC

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

Autumn, winter and Spring 
    #Tw@t

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    It has been one heck of a season and last night was wonderful.
    I am glad I was there and proud to be a Norwich fan.
    OTBC

We are Season Ticket holders and missed one home game all season until last night......

Wedding at The Assembly House at tea time.......... just don’t go there.......

Stayed at 38 St Gilles last night and just had to get down to the ground this morning, lots round and it was still buzzing

I have huge confidence in the present set up. Long may it continue.

Pitch

Owl1
    Well done Norwich . I walked to my car with a Norwich supporter and his son after the match at Hillsborough , a couple of seasons ago
    (Norwich lost 5_ 1 ) they were very dejected with the performance and situation at the club …..I would love to see them now .

Master
    Pukki never got much of an opportunity at Celtic. There always looked to be a talented player there. Good luck to him and Norwich in the top flight next season. I spent three years at UEA in the mid 1980s. Beautiful city.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Crikey, I didn't realise they had a team!!!

Well Done! Always close to my heart to - I spent three years at UEA in the mid 70s!

UEA for me in early 90s and PhD in late 90s. Well done Norwich! I hope they do well in the premiership.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Fantastic achievement and good to see Norwich back in the top league.

As a dejected Leeds fan, I can only congratulate both Norwich and Sheffield United for keeping going until the end and not stopping for Easter!

Thoroughly deserved and I doubt we’ll be joining you there next season as our play off record is poor.

OTBC.

Pitch
    Norwich used to have a good youth academy back in the 90s (had a friend who was the product of it) and then lost its way. I've always believed the idea of the 'team' is much more important to be a mid/solid Premier League team. Just look at the likes of Burnley and Bournemouth. Compare and contrast with Fulham who spent millions in the summer and got nowhere.

Welcome to the Premier League!

Craftsman

Autumn, winter and Spring
    cheeky

Well done and hoping Leeds can do it as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Congrats to Norwich.

But I really hope Leeds United can be back next season.

Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

Another canary here ... good times , and unexpected . Would be great if we can build on this team and establish for a few years at least.

Although I fear both fullbacks will be off within a year or two !
    Playing amazing football , although I feel we could do with a Sutchy character in the middle ;)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl1 View Post
    Well done Norwich . I walked to my car with a Norwich supporter and his son after the match at Hillsborough , a couple of seasons ago
    (Norwich lost 5_ 1 ) they were very dejected with the performance and situation at the club …..I would love to see them now .
    I was at that game, we were cheering when we touched the ball! Not much else to cheer about

Craftsman
    We are Season Ticket holders and missed one home game all season until last night......

Wedding at The Assembly House at tea time.......... just don’t go there.......

Stayed at 38 St Gilles last night and just had to get down to the ground this morning, lots round and it was still buzzing

I have huge confidence in the present set up. Long may it continue.

Pitch
    Typical, why do people not realise that planning silly things like weddings during the football season just causes so much grief.... it's just selfish
    How was the hotel? Does look nice!

Easter weekend was one to forget as a Leeds fan living in Sheffield...

Norwich had a very strong season and good luck to them. They will probably come back down again but most teams who get promoted will suffer the same fate unfortunately.

Sheff Utd capitalised on Leeds' slip-ups over the Easter weekend and good luck to them.

I doubt Leeds have much left to give now so haven't much hope for the play-offs but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    Easter weekend was one to forget as a Leeds fan living in Sheffield...

Norwich had a very strong season and good luck to them. They will probably come back down again but most teams who get promoted will suffer the same fate unfortunately.

Sheff Utd capitalised on Leeds' slip-ups over the Easter weekend and good luck to them.

I doubt Leeds have much left to give now so haven't much hope for the play-offs but you never know.
    Whilst the Easter weekend was undoubtedly the nail in the coffin for Leeds, the main issue IMHO was losing at home to both Norwich and Sheffield United.

Add six points to Leeds and take three each from Norwich and you’d have a completely different Scenario right now.

Leeds - 89 points
    Norwich - 88 points
    Sheffield - 85 points

Those six pointers make a huge difference!

Terrible day for the Blades. Woke up this morning to find that we'd spent all our Premier League riches in the bar last night.
    Last edited by raysablade; 29th April 2019 at 18:06.

Blog Entries
    Lovely feedback chaps.

We have never been this strong in the past when promoted both on and off the pitch. Two players aside you would not want to change the squad one bit although Aaron’s, Lewis and Godfrey will attract attention.

Having said this the club is well into scenario planning as every business does and the next crop of German league Unknown’s are already on there way, trust me.

Yep, mad mad on the wedding and anyone looking for a really nice small personal hotel in Norwich I cannot recommend 38 St Giles (don’t confuse with St Giles House) enough, it is a lovely place.

Pitch

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raysablade View Post
    Terrible day for the Blades. Woke up this morning to find that we'd spent all our Premier League riches in the bar last night.
    Vardy will have a special treat for you next year!!!

Craftsman
    Congratulations, enjoy the rollercoaster!

Owl1
    Quote Originally Posted by raysablade View Post
    Its difficult for me to say this Ray … but.. congrats on a well deserved promotion ..may things change for you next season

Having said this the club is well into scenario planning as every business does and the next crop of German league Unknown’s are already on there way, trust
    It’s interesting to contrast that with our management style and similar level of success.

Wilder is completely in charge in a very traditional manager role but employing extraordinarily new tactics. Holding a line on only employing British or Irish players will be very courageous next season.

Not that it matters but interesting too to see where the title goes, as Leeds have found, we are relentless in our pursuit. I feel genuinely sorry for the majority of the 8000 they are taking to Ipswich at the weekend. Coming third is a crushing burden to take into the playoffs.
    Last edited by raysablade; 30th April 2019 at 10:17.

Craftsman
    Enjoy mate, best league in the world.

Used to love norwich away, weekend in Yarmouth......

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Whilst the Easter weekend was undoubtedly the nail in the coffin for Leeds, the main issue IMHO was losing at home to both Norwich and Sheffield United.

Add six points to Leeds and take three each from Norwich and you’d have a completely different Scenario right now.

Leeds - 89 points
    Norwich - 88 points
    Sheffield - 85 points

Those six pointers make a huge difference!
    As a fellow Leeds fan I`m disappointed too, but I think Leeds blew it over the last few games, had they got the results you'd expect from promotion contenders they'd still be in the box seat going into the last weekend of the normal season.

Had the pleasure of meeting Mike Bushell on holiday in Lanzarote, he's a Leeds fan and he was staying in our hotel. Watched the Leeds /Sheffield Wednesday game in a bar, he was in and he jumped out of his seat when Leeds scored. Most of our crowd (wife's brothers) are Leeds fans, after karaoke in the Hotel (and several beers) Mike joined us in a rendition of 'Marching On Together' at the end of the evening........shame the subsequent results went pear-shaped.

Still a chance in the play-offs but I don`t fancy it unless the goal famine changes. Good luck to Sheffield United and Norwich, I have to grudgingly admit they've deserved it, particularly the Blades who kept winning matches when it mattered.

Our worst season for 60 years and to top it off the budgies get promoted as champs. Next season HAS to be an improvement...

Well done Norwich - looking forward to playing you in your Premiership local derby.

At Tottenham Hotspur unbelievably!

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    ......and to top it off the budgies get promoted as champs.
    Not in the bag for Norwich yet, I'm sure our team are up for easing your pain a little.

I thought your players and fans were the credit to the club on Saturday. Made themseleves heard above the general din,many stayed to applaude David McGoldrick and the rest of our team and you gave us enough of a game the make the second goal really mean something. I can't remember a happier moment in a football ground than when that went in.

League One is a interesting and humbling experience. Sad to say it, but on Saturdays showing you might need more than one escape attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Norwich used to have a good youth academy back in the 90s (had a friend who was the product of it) and then lost its way.
    I have nothing but respect for the current lads in the academy. These youngsters are in a position where nobody would be surprised if they were completely self-centred and proud and yet, every week, a contingency of them are out feeding the homeless people of Norwich. Chaps — I salute you for keeping life in perspective.

I think Norwich will finish top. Villa need to conserve their best players for the play-offs and aren't fighting for anything other than to carry some momentum into the following two matches. For Norwich it's the last match of the season and they're fighting for first. The only possible banana skin is there'll be Villa players playing their last matches at home in front of a 40k crowd and they may well have different ideas about it all!

What may be a problem for Leeds is Bamford's theatrics against Villa might leave them without a striker for the next couple of matches - the Ipswich match not mattering (because Leeds will remain where they are in the league) but it might be a problem in the first semi-final playoff against Derby (probably) or Boro (possibly).

I think if Villa and Leeds make it into the play-off final, Villa will be out for vengeance big time and will absolutely stuff them. The play-offs will be interesting though, Leeds vs Derby or Boro and Villa vs West Brom.
    "A man of little significance"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I think Norwich will finish top. Villa need to conserve their best players for the play-offs and aren't fighting for anything other than to carry some momentum into the following two matches. For Norwich it's the last match of the season and they're fighting for first. The only possible banana skin is there'll be Villa players playing their last matches at home in front of a 40k crowd and they may well have different ideas about it all!

What may be a problem for Leeds is Bamford's theatrics against Villa might leave them without a striker for the next couple of matches - the Ipswich match not mattering (because Leeds will remain where they are in the league) but it might be a problem in the first semi-final playoff against Derby (probably) or Boro (possibly).

I think if Villa and Leeds make it into the play-off final, Villa will be out for vengeance big time and will absolutely stuff them. The play-offs will be interesting though, Leeds vs Derby or Boro and Villa vs West Brom.
    The play offs have a habit of being one the best games of the season…. Been involved in many an epic encounter myself…

Most expensive game in football I believe

The stakes couldn’t be any higher…. Pure drama

A great introduction the championship

I was looking through past tables recently, seeing what had happened to the clubs that had been promoted via the play-offs. In general, expecting and planning for a fairly prompt return to the Championship seems a good idea.

We are Premier League, say we are .....

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    As a fellow Leeds fan I`m disappointed too, but I think Leeds blew it over the last few games, had they got the results you'd expect from promotion contenders they'd still be in the box seat going into the last weekend of the normal season.

Had the pleasure of meeting Mike Bushell on holiday in Lanzarote, he's a Leeds fan and he was staying in our hotel. Watched the Leeds /Sheffield Wednesday game in a bar, he was in and he jumped out of his seat when Leeds scored. Most of our crowd (wife's brothers) are Leeds fans, after karaoke in the Hotel (and several beers) Mike joined us in a rendition of 'Marching On Together' at the end of the evening........shame the subsequent results went pear-shaped.

Still a chance in the play-offs but I don`t fancy it unless the goal famine changes. Good luck to Sheffield United and Norwich, I have to grudgingly admit they've deserved it, particularly the Blades who kept winning matches when it mattered.
    I don’t disagree that the recent form has been a disaster but even if they had won all three games they’d only be in second place and favourites to finish second (although not guaranteed; still needing a win to be certain). Had they beaten Norwich and Sheffield Utd at Elland Road, they’d already be promoted and favourited to finish top.

Losing both of those matches was where the real damage was done!
    Last edited by Dave+63; 1st May 2019 at 09:06.

I don’t disagree that the recent form has been a disaster but even if they had won all three games they’d only be in second place and favourites to finish second (although not guaranteed). Had they beaten Norwich and Sheffield Utd at Elland Road, they’d already be promoted and favourited to finish top.

Losing both of those matches was where the real damage was done!
    What I think is the real shame is both Villa and West Brom weren't up there fighting with the other three, it could have been much more exciting. As it is it's been a pretty exciting season anyway. I actually prefer the Championship to the PL, especially when the teams that get promoted haven't done it by buying the league. As a Villa fan, it was a shame we threw around a LOT of money without sorting the manager first, but now we have the manager (Dean Smith has been amazing compared to Steve Bruce and pretty much everyone we've had since Houlier had to leave) it's going to get a lot more interesting. I want us to get promoted so we can keep our best players but in a way I'd rather be in the Championship slugging it out.

If it’s any consolation, my money’s (figuratively speaking, I don’t bet) on Villa to win the play offs.

As a dejected Leeds fan, I can only congratulate both Norwich and Sheffield United for keeping going until the end and not stopping for Easter!

Thoroughly deserved and I doubt we’ll be joining you there next season as our play off record is poor.
    Sums it up, really. We're excellent at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, and I don't have any great hopes for the play offs - it feels like whatever momentum we built up this season has all gone now.

Playoff winners, last ten years:

Burnley, immediate relegation
    Blackpool, immediate relegation
    Swansea, relegated in 7th season
    West Ham, still in PL, 7 seasons
    Crystal Palace, still in PL, 6 seasons
    QPR, immediate relegation
    Norwich, immediate relegation
    Hull, immediate relegation
    Huddersfield, relegated in 2nd season
    Fulham, immediate relegation

If it’s any consolation, my money’s (figuratively speaking, I don’t bet) on Villa to win the play offs.
    I think we can do it, it does depend how badly fouled Grealish is. Last time we played West Brom they wiped him out for three months and it effectively killed our season. We have to play them twice before we even get to Leeds (or Derby or Boro, but my money's definitely on Leeds).

Unfortunately we spent the last six or seven years we were in the PL floating around in the bottom five places, and it's no fun at all. Fulham have shown that throwing around £100million when you're promoted doesn't always count for much. Villa have a team that's perfectly capable of pulling itself out of the Championship (very much the hard way), but I can't see more than four or five PL-quality players in the squad (three of whom are on loan), with a couple in the reserves who'll probably come good. And we have a squad put together over the last three years of some of the best players in the Championship. Bearing in mind we've spent our way to where we are, we'd have to invest very heavily to become a team capable of staying in the PL. And that's the problem Norwich, Sheffield and whoever wins the play-offs will have.

My 9 year old, my 78 year old Dad and I are season ticket holders and this season has just been so special.

Saturday night was the icing on the cake

For those that missed it Under the Cosh has been excellent this season. None better than Sunday's

Autumn, winter and Spring 
    LOL!

Blog Entries
    Lovely pic Bootsy.

Cracking comments up there and cheers guys.

There has been plenty of banter over the season but as a footy fan I real do feel the pain for you Leeds fellas, been there.

Roll on tomorrow and then the celebration in the city Monday with the squad.

Pitch

Congratulations to Norwich, fully deserved and love the fact they did not throw silly money at the promotion. Hopefully we (Preston) will some day experience the premier league! Though I doubt it!

Craftsman
    Now, the championships getting interesting.

Massive Norwich fan here, I was up at 2:30am to watch the match when we secured promotion. I remember the days under Roeder and how the atmosphere was around the club back then. Brilliant to see 5,000 of them traveling away to matches. Even if we come back down next season then this season is a great example to other clubs of how coaching the youngsters can really pay off without having to poach from other places.

OTBC

Villa beat West Brom on penalties last night (our reserve reserve goalie, who's been a permanent fixture since our allegedly better goalies injured themselves, despite the fact we've had this one for years and never given him a chance, saved the first two penalties!) and we're off to Wemberley, where it would be a remarkable turnaround by Derby to come back from a goal down to Leeds in the first semi-final leg to join us, especially as they're at Elland Road tonight for the second leg. Either way there's a big club coming up in third place, I hope it's us but I've enjoyed the Championship after many years of fighting off relegation. It would be nice if Derby did it though, we've beaten them 7-0 so far this season! Either way we have incredibly rich owners so we'll be buying our way into and up the PL table. We did, however, play three players from our academy last night (plus Tammy Abraham from Chelsea's academy and Axel Tuanzebe from ManU's, two names to watch), and we are it seems investing massively in youth. It would be nice to be promoted so we can beat Norwich soon!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Villa beat West Brom on penalties last night (our reserve reserve goalie, who's been a permanent fixture since our allegedly better goalies injured themselves, despite the fact we've had this one for years and never given him a chance, saved the first two penalties!) and we're off to Wemberley, where it would be a remarkable turnaround by Derby to come back from a goal down to Leeds in the first semi-final leg to join us, especially as they're at Elland Road tonight for the second leg. Either way there's a big club coming up in third place, I hope it's us but I've enjoyed the Championship after many years of fighting off relegation. It would be nice if Derby did it though, we've beaten them 7-0 so far this season! Either way we have incredibly rich owners so we'll be buying our way into and up the PL table. We did, however, play three players from our academy last night (plus Tammy Abraham from Chelsea's academy and Axel Tuanzebe from ManU's, two names to watch), and we are it seems investing massively in youth. It would be nice to be promoted so we can beat Norwich soon!
    Taking refuge from the other football thread as people are starting to embarrass themselves !!!

Best of luck…. Always quite liked Villa and one of my earlier football memories was watching them do well in Europe!

Have a soft spot for Leeds too as had a season ticket their for one year whilst working in the Dales (came with the job!)

Either way a titan of English football will be returning to the Prem so has to be good…

It’s always been the case that the play off final has been one of THE most exciting games of the season (attended some classics too!)