closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We are Premier League, say we are .....

As someone with no dog in this fight, I am loving this year’s Championship playoffs! The Leeds v Derby second leg is as entertaining a game as I’ve seen in a long time.
    3-3 (at the moment), 30 odd shots on goal, one red and goodness knows how many yellow and a keeper who is petrifying his back four every time the ball gets in the final third.

And now it’s 4-3 Derby as I write!

Awesome game!

Master
    Blog Entries

We are Premier League, say we are .....

Well done Rams, cracking game that. Lampard back in the Prem????
    Last edited by Middo; 15th May 2019 at 21:53.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Well done Rams, cracking game that. Lampard back in the Prem????
    Lampard v Terry!!!

The Rams is full of ex City players so cant be too hard on them…. Fair play to them…!

Blog Entries
    Well done Derby but boy I feel for the Leeds fans. There has been a lot of edgy banter this season between us but I genuinely feel for them.

Now who would we most want to face in the Prem.......

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Well done Derby but boy I feel for the Leeds fans. There has been a lot of edgy banter this season between us but I genuinely feel for them.

Now who would we most want to face in the Prem.......
    We are quite familiar with the concept of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. The only surprise was that this season we managed to delay it almost to the play off finals as opposed to finishing in our almost customary seventh place!

Owl1
    Great game last night , I have to admit I was glad to see Leeds lose ..its been a bad enough season already with utd going up , good luck to Derby in the final ..you have to like Frank Lampard .

A red card each for Derby and Leeds last night and West Brom picked up one in each semi-final leg. Derby is the team I feared the least, mainly because we have some players Leeds and West Brom like to kick about, but also because we've beaten them 4-0 and 3-0 already this season. On Tuesday you could see the West Brom players targeting Villa's striker's shoulder (I saw at least two times off the ball too - once he was shoved over, the other time he was shoulder barged), which he injured a few games back and has been an issue for him. The Baggies need a new manager and will have to ditch a few players and bring in some new ones but if Leeds can avoid losing their best players and if Bamford can grow some balls and stop falling over they are strong candidates for promotion next year.

It was a good match last night though, I was in the pub with PhilipK for the second half. I thought Leeds approach to going a man down was dire though, they left their players on but committed too many forward. I think I'd have taken the West Brom approach and hung back to try to catch them on the counter. Both teams played some really nice football all the same, it would have made a good final.
    "A man of little significance"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    We are quite familiar with the concept of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. The only surprise was that this season we managed to delay it almost to the play off finals as opposed to finishing in our almost customary seventh place!
    When you played us earlier in the season the void between the two teams was huge, you were just in a completely different class and deserved to thrash us. Why oh why you implode who knows, but how frustrating, the support though I have seen after the the Villa game is great and a credit to the fans and club.

Good luck next season Dave and I do hope you have a cracking one, you really do reserve it.

Pitch

Will be an interesting prem next year. Of the promoted teams Sheff Utd are nailed on relegation fodder. Norwich play some good stuff but scoring goals in the prem isn't easy however they could stay up if they invested in a decent striker and a bit more power in midfield. If Villa went up they have the money to be stable. If Derby go up that's another relegation fodder side.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    When you played us earlier in the season the void between the two teams was huge, you were just in a completely different class and deserved to thrash us. Why oh why you implode who knows, but how frustrating, the support though I have seen after the the Villa game is great and a credit to the fans and club.

Good luck next season Dave and I do hope you have a cracking one, you really do reserve it.

Pitch
    Cheers Pitch; the best two teams went up this year and I didn’t hold out much hope against Villa had we got to the final TBH.

As I mentioned earlier, losing both of our home games to you guys and Sheffield Utd was our real downfall. Had we won them, we’d have been promoted with a game to spare!

Last time we were in this position, it was Norwich who took all our best players!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Cheers Pitch; the best two teams went up this year and I didn’t hold out much hope against Villa had we got to the final TBH.

As I mentioned earlier, losing both of our home games to you guys and Sheffield Utd was our real downfall. Had we won them, we’d have been promoted with a game to spare!

Last time we were in this position, it was Norwich who took all our best players!
    Mrs P said this morning is there anyone at Leeds Webber and Farke would go for and really don't think so.

The German regime are now firmly into bringing the youth academy in and German second division un-knowns and it seems to be working very well, well this season anyway.

Our biggest problem going forward is holding onto the management team and structure, not necessary the players.

Journeyman
    Felt for the Leeds fans but the team did there usual and let them down.
    Great supporters very poor team !

Seems Patrick Roberts has joined The Canaries on a season long loan.
    Good move for both parties. This boy deserves his time in the Premier League .

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Seems Patrick Roberts has joined The Canaries on a season long loan.
    Good move for both parties. This boy deserves his time in the Premier League .
    Seems like he comes highly regarded, hopefully a good bit of business.
    Gunn had a good season with us so Man City seem pleased he will get the experience.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    Seems like he comes highly regarded, hopefully a good bit of business.
    Gunn had a good season with us so Man City seem pleased he will get the experience.

Gunn was too good to be No 2 to Ederson. Hopefully, Southampton will see the best of him now he’s their first choice.
    I did think Norwich would’ve taken him but I suppose it was a high asking price.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Gunn was too good to be No 2 to Ederson. Hopefully, Southampton will see the best of him now he’s their first choice.
    I did think Norwich would’ve taken him but I suppose it was a high asking price.
    I would have liked to see Gunn at Norwich, but as you say the price was probably too high.
    Wonder if he can be lured back, he certainly enjoyed himself when he was here.

Well done to Norwich City. Gave the players from last season a shot not spent silly money and will go back into the championship a lot richer than they left it, and hopefully stronger too. I wish them all the best in hopefully bouncing back up again stronger next time! It’s nice to see a club trying to do it the ‘proper’ way and not just bin the squad that got them up.

Good luck next season. From a Preston North End fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    Well done to Norwich City. Gave the players from last season a shot not spent silly money and will go back into the championship a lot richer than they left it, and hopefully stronger too. I wish them all the best in hopefully bouncing back up again stronger next time! It’s nice to see a club trying to do it the ‘proper’ way and not just bin the squad that got them up.

Comically poor defense last season and despite being given £150m didn't significantly strengthen it. If I was a Norwich supporter i would feel robbed.

And as for doing things the 'proper' way, i've waited 45 years for Sheffield United to be in touching distince of our first season in Europe again. No administration and fresh starts in that time just pain and debt interspersed with a few chinks of light.

We've kept faith with David McGoldrick for 26 games before before he scored. Many of the team 2-0 up against Chelsea right now started for us in League one.

I've no grudge against Norwich fans but lets not pretend that their board's approach this season will be a good template for others to follow.

Duplicate
    Last edited by raysablade; 11th July 2020 at 20:11.

Master

Despise football, well most sports really, however I love the way they have supported those that got them there. Brilliant stuff to read. (Yup, no idea why I clicked on the thread either, but glad I did as this sort of stuff is great)

Great to have been able to give it a go without risking our future on purchases and wages

A few fans no doubt have liked to see some bigger spending, but the expectations management from the club has been brilliant that vast majority of fellow supporters seem bought in to the approach for a sustainable club

I expect Covid will throw up unexpected financial (and other) challenges for clubs across the pyramid over the coming months which nobody could have predicted, if we’d have gambled bigger and failed I dread to think how bleak the situation could be

Would be nice to score a goal or two now before the end of the season though!

Sorry, but I just don’t understand the compliments for Norwich. The tactics were naive all season and the investment levels showed no signs of ambition at all. Backing a squad and dropping straight back down is not to be commended in my view. It’s failure.

There are ways to roll the dice and still be sustainable. What’s the end game? A piece of land with a new stadium after 3 seasons in the PL supposedly. That’s been spun for the last 5 years.

8 losses on the bounce. Down after 35 games with 21 points registered. It’s a shame as there is some seriously good young talent in the squad. Had this had been bolstered with some quality additions then they had a chance.

Craftsman
    Let's see if Leeds can do it for Big Jack tomorrow.

Congratulations to Norwich City! I said when they went down they was doing things the right way. Let’s hope you guys strengthen the right way and stay up.
    From a Preston North End fan.