closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Omega Ceramic Seamaster

New Omega Ceramic Seamaster

So some of you are well aware of the new Omega Seamaster, but not many are aware that they launched a Ceramic and Titanium version without a date. This was is 43mm on a rubber strap and with a ceramic buckle. I will let the pictures do the talking, but the watch is stunning. At 6k it is not cheap, but then that’s the price for a sub without a ceramic case.

Master
    I read about that recently. I assume it's lighter than the steel version? And more resistant to scratches and marks? It made me think, will cermic become a common case material?

Anyway, nice watch, enjoy.

Apprentice
    When I first saw it in Jan 2019, I was gutted because I had just got the stainless version in Dec.

It's a beauty for sure but when I saw the price of it, I became all calm again.

So in summary: Nice, yes.... But I would expect that for the price!

I’m sure it’s well smart ,just wish I could see it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    btw, i see its on a rubber band. do they not do a ceramic bracelet for it?

Craftsman
    I'm sure it looks good but the pictures aren't saying much!!

Craftsman
    No date Seamaster sounds good. But then the size and lug width spoil it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    I read about that recently. I assume it's lighter than the steel version? And more resistant to scratches and marks? It made me think, will cermic become a common case material?

One word, Rado.

Master
    .....cups, saucers, dinner plates, they are usually ceramic, are they not?;) I personally would never buy a ceramic cased watch, steel will always be my material of choice. Having said that, I think they will become more mainstream in the coming years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    .....cups, saucers, dinner plates, they are usually ceramic, are they not?;) I personally would never buy a ceramic cased watch, steel will always be my material of choice. Having said that, I think they will become more mainstream in the coming years.
    Are ceramic watches made the same (clay?) as a saucer or cup?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some are the same size a saucer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    One word, Rado.
    there are a few manufacturers doing ceramic cases, or bracelets at least, but it doesn't seem to have taken off. I'm sure there is a reason, or several, but i don't know what they are or hard they are to overcome. is it a manufacturing difficulty or cost, or is it a perceived lack of quality, or even a real quality/durability issue?

If you click on the images you can get more close up. The pictures don’t do it justice, the bezel is titanium with a ceramic insert, the two crowns are titanium as well. It’s not that much lighter to be honest, but it is stunningly pretty, everyone that has seen it has had a comment about what it was. The perfect casual watch IMHO.

As for the price, I agree 6k is a lot. I managed to get a 20% discount, which makes it much more reasonable given the engineering for the case.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    As for the price, I agree 6k is a lot. I managed to get a 20% discount, which makes it much more reasonable given the engineering for the case.
    20% is what I would expect on an Omega. I got the same on my stainless.

I’ve tried this one on, beautiful watch in person, Omega do a fabulous job with their ceramic models.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjin View Post
    20% is what I would expect on an Omega. I got the same on my stainless.

This is one fabulous watch in person.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    ......I personally would never buy a ceramic cased watch, steel will always be my material of choice......
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post

More watches are being made in ceramic but I doubt if it is going to replace SS. Certainly scratch resistant. Some fears that it might be more brittle and case can break. Omega claim their manufacturing process makes it resistant to breakage. If we continue the discussion long enough someone will up a picture of a DSOTM with a broken lug:-)

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    More watches are being made in ceramic but I doubt if it is going to replace SS. Certainly scratch resistant. Some fears that it might be more brittle and case can break. Omega claim their manufacturing process makes it resistant to breakage. If we continue the discussion long enough someone will up a picture of a DSOTM with a broken lug:-)
    You drop a watch on a ceramic flaw in a stainless steal watch and you may need a weld repair. What I like about this ceramic metal combination is the two tone look, it’s modern and classy and looks way better in real life. If you see one, go and try it on, you will not be disappointed, it’s a step above Rolex’s sub IMHO.

Banned
    [/QUOTE]

This shot is making me want one of these , that’s stunning !

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app