closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Online estate agents

Blog Entries

Online estate agents

I have a fairly straightforward house in nice condition…

Don’t mind doing viewings myself

And certainly don’t want to pay over the odds for a bricks and mortar service

The way I see it, is that you need good pics and floor plan, plus access to Rightmove / Zoopla

Any experiences?

Any alternatives to Purple Bricks you’d recommend?

I did a viewing through Purple Bricks and thought the experience was excellent (integrates portal on Rightmove)

Ben
    Last edited by Wolfie; 25th April 2019 at 15:05.

We have both bought and sold using Yopa within the last two years. The purchase went smoothly as did the subsequent sale, in fact far better than the sale of another property which was done by a bricks & mortar estate agent.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I purchased via purple bricks and found the whole experience awful. In fairness I think that is because they leave the bulk of the work to the vendor who in my case was scatty as f**K

Master
    Sold a house via purple bricks. Wouldn’t do it again because the solicitors we had to use we’re worse than useless. So bad even they admitted it and we were refunded half the solicitors fee.

Estate agents in my eyes are mostly a joke. Cost so much and basically just hold keys, in the days of Rightmove I don’t know why we really need them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    We have just sold six Four bed townhouse we built using settled, rightmove presence, online comms with the portal, did our own appointments, viewings etc, when i had them there i took there fone numbers and we took it to direct msg or txt. Manage your own advert/pictures, chop and change as you please it worked fine.

Master
    To me the right high street agent at the ‘right’ price is very much worth it. I’m currently selling a couple of flats and the agent has been fantastic. On the flip side, a purchase in another town had been complete rubbish. The agents are useless.

To me one of the most important thing is to use an agent who actually does sales progression. The agent we’re selling with has someone solely dedicated to that role. I’ve seen so many sales take months instead of weeks, or fall through completely because no one was on the ball.

I moved house three years ago. I think I'd still be waiting to complete if my estate agent hadn't been constantly hassling everyone involved (buyer, solicitors, me!) to get stuff sorted, signed and returned.

I'm not saying this was a typical experience, but they aren't all wide boys in shiny suits.

I've never used an online agent, but I would be looking for a significant committment to project managing the sale. Your solicitor isn't going to phone the buyer and tell them to get their finger out, for example.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    We have both bought and sold using Yopa within the last two years. The purchase went smoothly as did the subsequent sale, in fact far better than the sale of another property which was done by a bricks & mortar estate agent.

R
    I hadn’t heard of Yopa…. No difference in price between them and the market leader in pride though…. Why Yopa?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnersaurus View Post
    I purchased via purple bricks and found the whole experience awful. In fairness I think that is because they leave the bulk of the work to the vendor who in my case was scatty as f**K
    Yep…. You self serve to a degree and I’d be all over it!

Quote Originally Posted by watchstudent View Post
    Sold a house via purple bricks. Wouldn’t do it again because the solicitors we had to use we’re worse than useless. So bad even they admitted it and we were refunded half the solicitors fee.

Estate agents in my eyes are mostly a joke. Cost so much and basically just hold keys, in the days of Rightmove I don’t know why we really need them.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ve had some bad conveyancing experiences…. If you pay up front (and you have to pay anyway) is select my own

Quote Originally Posted by MCFastybloke View Post
    We have just sold six Four bed townhouse we built using settled, rightmove presence, online comms with the portal, did our own appointments, viewings etc, when i had them there i took there fone numbers and we took it to direct msg or txt. Manage your own advert/pictures, chop and change as you please it worked fine.
    Settled for £499 sounds good! What’s the catch?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    I moved house three years ago. I think I'd still be waiting to complete if my estate agent hadn't been constantly hassling everyone involved (buyer, solicitors, me!) to get stuff sorted, signed and returned.

I'm not saying this was a typical experience, but they aren't all wide boys in shiny suits.

I've never used an online agent, but I would be looking for a significant committment to project managing the sale. Your solicitor isn't going to phone the buyer and tell them to get their finger out, for example.
    My only concern is that they get paid either way…. What’s the incentive?!! I don’t mind paying up front but, would rather they had a commission to work for

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

Settled for £499 sounds good! What’s the catch?

For us there wasn't one, we are house builders so i was on site everyday to deal with visits etc, the portal is good on the phone access, the ad is on right move, they will do the leg work for you but we chose to get direct contact asap, for the out of hours queries, flipside is the incoming can be at unsociable hours, you have direct access to the clients so no Japanese whispers in the communications. The upside is and i guess its a reflection in the efficency of the business, they faciitated the sale of 6 units and have not invoiced me yet,despite the ad being taken down at our request, this is slack.

I hadn’t heard of Yopa…. No difference in price between them and the market leader in pride though…. Why Yopa?
    Because we bought through them and I was sufficiently impressed with their service to try them for the selling.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by watchstudent View Post
    Sold a house via purple bricks. Wouldn’t do it again because the solicitors we had to use we’re worse than useless.
    'Had to use'?

R

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    'Had to use'?

R
    Yes…. If you don’t pay up front you have to use their solicitors

Yes…. If you don’t pay up front you have to use their solicitors
    On that basis I wouldn't use them.

R