closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SLA021 - Any owners?

SLA021 - Any owners?

I used to have an SBDX017 which I sold on here as I wanted one with sapphire glass and a ceramic bezel and thought one day one would come with those features and possibly a better clasp. It did, mostly, but so did the price hike.

Has anyone here bought the new one? If so what do you think? I'm certainly not paying £2.9k for one but what did you get yours for and was it worth it? Is £2k mint used a good price?

I'm really interested in one as I have an SRP777 and the SPB079 which is sometimes known as the MM200 and the SLA021 would make a nice trio but I've taken too many baths on watches recently and would prefer to stay dry for a while.

I did look at the limited edition green model but came to the conclusion it's too loud and not for me.

It's a nice watch. I'm picking mine up from Thailand (I use an AD there) as it's much cheaper as they will routinely discount by 35% and you get a further VAT refund. You do need to pay VAT in the UK but that's on the discounted price.

Picking up an SLA25 as well this weekend as that's just a killer Seiko

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Here you go

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/se...6aduF&search=1

That works out around £1800. Further 8% VAT refund down to £1650 or so. Then 20% UK VAT and it's a sub £2k watch. Job done!

Master
    Blog Entries
    The SLA025 is a belter, my local AD has one in but can’t bring myself to buy it over my current 017.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    The SLA025 is a belter, my local AD has one in but can’t bring myself to buy it over my current 017.
    Well I think you know the answer to that particular problem :)

SLA017 is amazing, regret selling mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    It's a nice watch. I'm picking mine up from Thailand (I use an AD there) as it's much cheaper as they will routinely discount by 35% and you get a further VAT refund. You do need to pay VAT in the UK but that's on the discounted price.

Picking up an SLA25 as well this weekend as that's just a killer Seiko

That SLA25 does look amazing. So close to the original. Very keen to see photos when you pick it up Ryan. Lucky you!

Do you know if you can get the straps (SLA25) separately? (I have an original 6159-7001 which I would love to put one of those on).
    Last edited by gerard; 24th April 2019 at 08:35.