closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Xupes Botique Experiences?

Craftsman

Xupes Botique Experiences?

Hey all,

Looking for a bit of feedback on a seller called Xupes Botique on eBay.

I know eBay is generally a little risky for larger value purchases but i cant see them on Chrono24 and am very far away so visiting is not really on the cards.

I was going to email tomorrow and start a conversation but thought it may be worth checking on here first to see if anyone had anything good or bad to say first.

Any and all feedback appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark.

Never bought from them but offered them two watches. Didn't sell to them either time. The second time they told me they buy most of their watches direct from the Rolex factory and enjoy huge discounts for not going through the AD network which is why their offer of less than £6k for a SD43 was "competitive".

Based off that I wouldn't go near them as a buyer or seller.

Craftsman
    http://https://www.xupes.com

I have looked at their web site several times over recent years, not bought anything but always have some interesting watches.

Craftsman
    Interesting, thanks for the feedback so far.

Found them on Chrono where they have a 4.9/5 and have sold over 200 watches, their eBay feedback is also around 99%

The watch is still in manufacturers warranty so would have the balance of that remaining and they offer a 30 day money back guarantee.

Will try and speak on the phone tomorrow. Always a little nervous of long distance buying!

Apprentice
    I have purchased twice from them. Repeat business as the first experience was flawless. Unbelievably rapid deilvery of an immaculate timepiece that was better than described. Cannot fault them.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I to have purchased from them great service.

Craftsman
    I have used them to buy and sell several times (watches and jewellery) since Joe set the company up several years ago. Happy to recommend them. There is a no quibble full refund policy as is required for distance selling, so very little to worry about using the process. Always consider making an offer before committing to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Ive not bought from them but have conversed over email about various pieces over time and they have been very obliging about sending extra pics at my request.

Feedback seems decent and I would happily use them when/if they have a watch I’m interested in.

Journeyman
    I bought from them via eBay.

I phoned them to speak about the watch first and they were very helpful. The watch was priced lower on eBay due to an offer/deal they had but they said they could match it buying direct. As they said it didn't make much difference to them which route I bought it (I assume eBay pretty much waived the seller fees on that one) I went the eBay route for my own protection.

I haven't actually bought from Xupes but I had ordered a BLNR from them, this was back when they were going for less than a grand over list on the grey market, but they were facing a delay in supply and in the meantime I miraculously spotted one in an AD window, so I rang them and they kindly cancelled my order, returned my deposit and wished me luck with my purchase! I have to say, though I didn't buy, they were very pleasant to deal with and I'd certainly buy from them without hesitation if I found the right watch.
    Last edited by thefatboy; 24th April 2019 at 10:22.

Craftsman
    Thank you all for the detailed feedback, it's very much helped.

Fingers crossed we can come to an agreement. Missed out on a few watches recently so hopefully it was all for a reason!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Never bought from them but offered them two watches. Didn't sell to them either time. The second time they told me they buy most of their watches direct from the Rolex factory and enjoy huge discounts for not going through the AD network which is why their offer of less than £6k for a SD43 was "competitive".

Based off that I wouldn't go near them as a buyer or seller.
    Well, that's just plain BS. No one buys directly from Rolex, it's not like they have a factory shop with slight seconds is it.

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    Well, that's just plain BS. No one buys directly from Rolex, it's not like they have a factory shop with slight seconds is it.
    Yep, that's why I never went back and left them a review on Google and Facebook.

That being said they do sell quite a few bits on assignment for which they quoted me 17% of total deal iirc so really I should make clear my view/experience of them is as a prospective seller only. I have never bought through them.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Yep, that's why I never went back and left them a review on Google and Facebook.

That being said they do sell quite a few bits on assignment for which they quoted me 17% of total deal iirc so really I should make clear my view/experience of them is as a prospective seller only. I have never bought through them.
    My first purchase from Xupes was in early 2013. Joe sourced a Milgauss for me at a considerably cheaper price than UK ADs at the time. The watch came from an Italian AD and I assume change rates at the time had a lot to do with the favourable final cost to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ALindsay View Post
    My first purchase from Xupes was in early 2013. Joe sourced a Milgauss for me at a considerably cheaper price than UK ADs at the time. The watch came from an Italian AD and I assume change rates at the time had a lot to do with the favourable final cost to me.
    Good to hear you had a positive experience as a purchaser. I made clear my experience as a potential seller. To put things in perspective WatchFinder offered £4k more and their offer was just below the RRP at the time.

Master
    Went up to visit them a few years ago in their office, all seemed above board. Were good guys but prices were on the high side.

Craftsman
    After speaking to them on the phone I decided to go ahead and place the order. Watch should arrive tomorrow so will update on condition regarding their description etc.

So far so good however. Fingers crossed it all works out. If not its a no quibble 30 day money back guarantee.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've looked at a lot of their watches on eBay but have found their prices to be very high & nowhere near competitive. I actively avoid them for that reason.

For example, I've just looked at their IWC Mark XI which is priced at £8000. £5000 would be nearer the mark for a private sale, maybe £6000 at a push from a dealer or shop

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    After speaking to them on the phone I decided to go ahead and place the order. Watch should arrive tomorrow so will update on condition regarding their description etc.

So far so good however. Fingers crossed it all works out. If not its a no quibble 30 day money back guarantee.
    Im so looking forward to seeing what you decided to buy, be sure to let us know.

Master
    Thread skew, but they do a lot of 'very' expensive handbags, saw one there for over £35k, I could buy a lot of watches that with that sort of money.

I bought my datejust from them and was very pleased with the whole process

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Well, it arrived yesterday and as described. Very happy with the whole experience tbh, would recommend and use again. Cant get images to work, but its a 2018 Explorer :D

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...5MC3nAD4e9V0DX

Link doesn't work either!