closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fixing a vintage rotary quartz cocktail watch

Master

Fixing a vintage rotary quartz cocktail watch

My mother has an old quartz rotary cocktail watch that has a lot of sentimental value to her.

Unfortunately it's forever breaking, and each time the local shop charge her over £100 for what appears to be a very temporary fix. I don't know the first thing about it, but was wondering if it would be possible to source a replacement movement for it and get it back up and running for her.

Any help appreciated.

Craftsman
    It will probably be something like a Ronda 751, depending on finish and size anything from £6-20 cost price for the new movement. Then its dial and hands off, swap over and ultrasonic clean the case etc. I would also recommend a new crown and case back seal which will only cost a few pounds.
    Expect to pay £55-100 depending on where you take it. A decent repair place will offer you the old parts back to show what they have done.

Craftsman
    Try taking the back off and IDing the movement first.Probably only a push fit case back.

Master
    Cheers guys.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    Cheers guys.
    Message sent .

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by me32dc View Post
    A decent repair place will offer you the old parts back to show what they have done.
    Agreed, I see the logic on behind this, but I prefer to keep old movements as a possible source of parts and screws etc in the future. They're no use to the owner but they could be v. useful to me, makes sense to hang on to them. I`ve never had anyone complain about this!