closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mid90s

Mid90s

Anyone seen it? I really liked it but appreciate that it’s audience is probably quite narrow. Probably helps if you were a teenager in the 90s too! Interesting characters and a decent attempt at looking to the connections between teenagers, the dynamics etc. The skating was good but it’s not all about the skating. Some sad themes in there two. A decent first effort from Jonah Hill and a cool soundtrack. Also loved the fact it’s shot entirely on 16mm so has that feel of skate movies of the 90s although it took some getting used to on a modern cinema screen.

Anyone seen it, if so what did you think.

Master
    Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have a look

Not yet...but it's on the list.

If like me you were a teenager in the 90s this may resonate more than it otherwise would. Despite being set in LA I recognise many of the themes regarding friendships and the longing for acceptance. I moved schools a fair bit in my early teens and looking for and finding a group to accept you was tough.

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    If like me you were a teenager in the 90s this may resonate more than it otherwise would. Despite being set in LA I recognise many of the themes regarding friendships and the longing for acceptance. I moved schools a fair bit in my early teens and looking for and finding a group to accept you was tough.
    Unless you're these kids (in 2015):

Except that they can't go to see it for a few years as it's a 15 certificate.
    Last edited by PickleB; 1st July 2019 at 08:05. Reason: add last sentence