closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Heads up - G-Shock offer

Master

Heads up - G-Shock offer

GA1000 at £109

https://www.watches2u.com/watches/ca...tor-watch.html

Decent price for one of these , not seen them cheaper :)

As a holiday watch it makes sense - they alos have a few other GShock on offer. What is the best one to get? I know nothing about Casio since wearing a calculator watch at school in 1989

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by njr911 View Post
    As a holiday watch it makes sense - they alos have a few other GShock on offer. What is the best one to get? I know nothing about Casio since wearing a calculator watch at school in 1989
    I looked through them - a few others there but this one seemed the pick of the bunch - for me anyway - function and looks it has a good mix - not many other gshocks at this price have compass and temp sensor . Think I sold my lightly used one of these a while back for a similar price

I have a drawer full of Casio G-Shock, Pro Trek and Wave Ceptor watches with spent batteries.

So glad I'm past this stage now, and happy to report I think that orange mess is horrible.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    I have a drawer full of Casio G-Shock, Pro Trek and Wave Ceptor watches with spent batteries.

So glad I'm past this stage now, and happy to report I think that orange mess is horrible.

I have a box full of G-Shocks that show the correct date and time and a selection of Swiss Automatic watches that don't because I don't have enough wrists or days in the week to wear them all.

I own the orange watch in the offer posted by the OP and find it tough and something different.

Every watch has its purpose... but I guess watch snobs can't see that fact.

My Quartz selection:

Last edited by ninjin; 23rd April 2019 at 17:36.

Master

Pop them on sales corner ! They’ll find happy homes :)

Quote Originally Posted by ninjin View Post
    Every watch has its purpose... but I guess watch snobs can't see that fact.
    Seiko Kinetics do a better job and don't die after a couple of years!

My BFK has taken more beatings in the last 8 years in the construction industry than your entire box of plastic put together.

Apprentice
    Seiko Kinetics do a better job and don't die after a couple of years!

My BFK has taken more beatings in the last 8 years in the construction industry than your entire box of plastic put together.
    I concur with your comment. My box of plastic has never been on a construction site nor have they taken a beating.

However, if I ever got the chance, I would happily sacrifice a £30-£100 G-Shock to see how long it lasts in comparision to the £350+ BFK (in what I assume means Seiko Prospex Kinetic).

Quote Originally Posted by ninjin View Post
    I concur with your comment. My box of plastic has never been on a construction site nor have they taken a beating.

However, if I ever got the chance, I would happily sacrifice a £30-£100 G-Shock to see how long it lasts in comparision to the £350+ BFK (in what I assume means Seiko Prospex Kinetic).
    I used to buy a Swatch once a year, and they would just about last that long.
    I moved to G-Shock about 20 years ago, and had 7 or 8 in a period of about 12 years … So about 18 months before the strap broke, the battery died or in the case of the Mudman, (last of the bunch) let in water.

These watches were worn pretty much 24/7 all year round. I was more than delighted with the service they provided in such a harsh environment.

I still have a solar model screwed to some trellis (clasp failed) in the garden, that must have been there 12 years and still going strong.

But it was very much a one in, one out affair with G-Shock - No love whatsoever I'm afraid!

Why anyone would have a mint collection is beyond me?

Never paid more than £220 for a Seiko Kinetic by the way!

Master
    Why anyone would have a mint collection is beyond me?:
    Bu that's the great thing about this watch collecting malarkey, everybody has different tastes, needs and wants👍

Apprentice

Why anyone would have a mint collection is beyond me?

My 'plastic' collection is far from mint, maybe not battered like yours....

Just because its a G-Shock, do I only buy it to Shock it with Gravity drops?

It's like, do I only buy a Range Rover if I want to go Off Roading in Luxury only and no go to the High St in it?

Let me know if you want shot of one - I need a holiday watch

Apprentice
    Perfect holiday watches - price has gone up now though!

Let me know if you want shot of one - I need a holiday watch
    Just took a trip down memory lane and dug out the 2002 Casio Sea Pathfinder I bought new for £160.
    I'd had it less than 6 months when the power started to fade. I did mess with the ABC functions a lot if I'm honest.
    In a rush to get it sorted before a holiday, I dropped it off for an hour at an independent shop.
    On return I was informed it took 5 batteries for which I was charged £40.
    The watch steamed up on holiday & started to play up. I have never been tempted to waste any money on it since … but it is the one Casio I have in great condition.

I replaced it with a Suunto Core a couple of years later, as the battery change is an owner job.
    It did go back to Helsinki under warranty for a new module, but has been fine since.
    A great holiday watch as you twist the battery cover off with a penny, bung a new CR2032, and know you're good for the next 6 months or so.

Seiko Sportura Kinetic is my holiday watch these days …. Never gonna let you down!

Just to chime in - we all have our own experiences with products that colour our views so we all have a different opinion. Personally a broken strap doesn’t put me off a watch (I’ve never broken a single g shock strap) but kinetic Seiko’s have a reputation for a high rate of capacity failure, and a tendency to just stop holding a charge if not kept pretty constantly topped up, and I’ve avoided Suunto as they have a reputation for being far more fragile than most watches and being pretty unreliable. I’ve owned a kinetic Seiko which lost charge far quicker than any solar Casio I’ve ever owned - and I’m certain couldn’t survive a drop onto a concrete floor and emerge unscathed like a Casio. I’ve never had a quality control issue with a single Casio (plenty with Omega and Rolex though!) but as I say, we all have different experiences and therefore opinions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Scruff View Post
    Perfect holiday watches - price has gone up now though!
    I still see the £109 price

Master
    Watches2U prices fluctuate depending on their flash deals. I've seen that model as low as £99 and as high as £159.

I still see the £109 price
    Me too.

Journeyman
    Bought my G shock last week from watches2u and it came very quickly and as described. £129 including delivery - was £250+ at other stores.

It looks great - which one is it and what does it do - I'm trying to work out what I "need" from a holiday gshock. Solar? Atomic? tide times ??

Quote Originally Posted by Justdate View Post
    Bought my G shock last week from watches2u and it came very quickly and as described. £129 including delivery - was £250+ at other stores.

Craftsman
    I'm quite tempted by this...

https://www.watchshop.com/mens-casio...100021893.html

£66 isn't a whole heap of beans for a watch and I could do with something that I don't care about for when working on site.

Master
    Thanks for the heads up, looks like I have my first G Shock!

Journeyman

Heads up - G-Shock offer

It looks great - which one is it and what does it do - I'm trying to work out what I "need" from a holiday gshock. Solar? Atomic? tide times ??
    Thanks I am really liking it! Here it is: https://www.watches2u.com/watches/ca...waAkK6EALw_wcB

Yes it has solar and the radio controlled time keeping so super accurate.

No tide times. I live by the beach but here is a double high tide, so it would not have matched up to the standardised 6-in 6-out tide that they are based on.

It has world time, stop watch, countdown timer and multiple alarms.

The quality is really good, nice materials and finishing throughout. It wears well on the wrist not being too big, but still having a sporty chunky look to it. Hard to tell with a wrist shot only, but anyway...

Last edited by Justdate; 26th April 2019 at 13:54.

Craftsman
    That looks unreal, going to place an order right away

Journeyman

can't the batteries be replaced?

The downfall of kinetics is you have to keep them charged by wearing. Don't do that, leave them to run down and after some time they'll need replaced. Even a lowly DW-5600E can have it's battery replaced at home in 5-10 mins, it's a much easier job.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Master
    Already said thanks for the heads up, but watch arrived today, next day, and have to say I’m well impressed with my first g shock.

Craftsman
    Same here with the watchshop offer luminous yellow one. £62!

Ordered Friday afternoon and dropped off first thing Saturday, well impressed. Downloaded the app and tracking my steps already.

I can see how these can become addictive, especially when they're this cheap. Looking forward to doing some rough jobs so I can abuse it!

Master
    Looks like there are a few converts to the church of Casio :)
    Great watches - especially at the price - I think everyone should have one in their collection at some point - even if it’s an atomic one just to regulate the others :)