closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Off to Eddy Izzard's Wunderbar next Thursday. What to expect?

Blog Entries

Off to Eddy Izzard's Wunderbar next Thursday. What to expect?

Well, I have high expectations! My first EI show (in Amsterdam) and I'm looking forward to it. But... what to expect (no spoilers please)

Menno

Surreal daftness, mentions of jam and probably bees 😆

Lipstick and heels.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Never seen him live but have watched a few gigs on the TV. Very funny.

Master
    I saw him live about 20 years ago, I laughed solidly, sometimes painfully, for the entire show.

Delightful whimsy

Saw him live in Manchester about 3 years ago - laughed like a drain for almost the whole time.

One of my all time favourite comedians - if a bit surreal, but all the better for it (“Cake.... or death?”).

MarkC

Blog Entries
    We went last night. About 50% of the theatre in Amsterdam was filled with English-speaking audience and the other 50% looked as if they would win every pub quiz regarding Star Wars...

Izzard came on stage wearing a blue (tartan) skirt and a biker jacket. He went full fledge from the first moment on. Brilliant guy. First half was very funny, the second half was brilliant. According to his own words, last night's performance is one of the final three. Only tonight and tomorrow night in Belgium and that's it. Again, according to his words: he's going into politics, which was applauded by the English speaking people who sat around us.

No Cake or Death, no Death Star Canteen but some other very funny stuff!

Menno

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    We went last night. About 50% of the theatre in Amsterdam was filled with English-speaking audience and the other 50% looked as if they would win every pub quiz regarding Star Wars...

Izzard came on stage wearing a blue (tartan) skirt and a biker jacket. He went full fledge from the first moment on. Brilliant guy. First half was very funny, the second half was brilliant. According to his own words, last night's performance is one of the final three. Only tonight and tomorrow night in Belgium and that's it. Again, according to his words: he's going into politics, which was applauded by the English speaking people who sat around us.

No Cake or Death, no Death Star Canteen but some other very funny stuff!

Menno
    Sounds great. He's always been very pro EU, see the singe est dans l'arbre sketch! So maybe he will be standing for the EU elections or as part of Change UK.