closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Oysterquartz 1981

Oysterquartz 1981

Just got this back from St James so thought I would dust off the camera and take a few pics.
    Some serious bevels and angles on this beauty. Channelling Genta??

Craftsman
    One of these is definitely in my "long term" collection hit list, bloody love them. Any more pictures?

Wish I could work out how to post mutiple pics in one post from Tapatalk, but here’s some more:

And of course there are similarities between the bracelet on this and the Royal Oak

A beautiful piece you have there.

Master

Oysterquartz 1981

Lovely - and not just channeling Genta, it’s directly derived from one of his designs, which pre-dated the Royal Oak. According to a piece in QP Magazine, he was responsible for designing the ‘Texan’ for Rolex, their first go at a quartz. So the Oysterquartz is not a Rolex that’s influenced by the RO, they’re really part of the same family tree. While Rolex refined the Texan design somewhat, the OQ essentially is the Genta Rolex.

Wearing the 17000 now as it happens, which never gets old for me.

The article is here and well worth a look: https://www.salonqp.com/features-2/t...the-royal-oak/
    Last edited by Itsguy; 21st April 2019 at 20:25.

That is lovely, definitely one I would like to own at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Lovely - and not just channeling Genta, it’s directly derived from one of his designs, which pre-dated the Royal Oak. According to a piece in QP Magazine, he was responsible for designing the ‘Texan’ for Rolex, their first go at a quartz. So the Oysterquartz is not a Rolex that’s influenced by the RO, they’re really part of the same family tree. While Rolex refined the Texan design somewhat, the OQ essentially is the Genta Rolex.

Wearing the 17000 now as it happens, which never gets old for me.

The article is here and well worth a look: https://www.salonqp.com/features-2/t...the-royal-oak/
    Nice one thanks.
    I’ve had this watch sat in the safe for so long that it wasn’t until today that the similarities with the RO struck me.
    It actually is a superb interpretation by Genta to incorporate his design cues but make the whole design 100% Rolex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Oysterquartz case originally housed a mechanical movement... and it was an experiment to 'modernise' the Oyster case.

https://www.watchcollectinglifestyle...-looking-watch

Very fine piece.

Craftsman
    I've got the two tone brother out for this bank holiday weekend - a really charming piece to wear and I am also mesmerized by the angles and bevels...

Craftsman
    The Oysterquartz case is stunning.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nickg View Post
    That's a fantastic example you have there Nick and the the fluted bezel and lovely jubilee style bracelet works so well on this model.

Quite partial to an Oysterquartz myself.

Cheers
    Neil

These are certainly one of my preferred Rolex, really like the OysterQuartz and that blue one above is a beauty(well, they all are to be honest).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nickg View Post
    Wish I could work out how to post mutiple pics in one post from Tapatalk, but here’s some more:

Keep pressing the picture button, you can keep adding to them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    I hadn't appreciated the quality of the Oysterquartz style until I saw this post. Beautiful watches :)

Another Oysterquartz fan checking in! How can you not love the chamfers on an Oysterquartz case??