closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A few car boot sale buys recently.

A few car boot sale buys recently.

A few things I couldn't leave behind recently, the Oris travel alarm clock looks lovely, its really well made, its all metal with a textured coating, the stand flips over the face, just couldn't leave it behind even though its wound tight, I can see the balance moving ok through the adjuster in the back so Ill add it too the project pile, I just love the dark tritium lume, no idea of the age of it?
    The stopwatch is a Hanhart, works well, its a 30 second per revolution one with sundial for minutes upto 15. The only thing up with it is the grub screw that holds the stem and crown in place is broken at the slot head and the crystal is heavily yellowed.
    Two Seiko SQ, the one on the left had multiple fine scratches that nearly obscured the face completely, they both have their bracelets but one end piece was pretty mashed ( again the one on the left ) the seller actually laughed at me when I wanted to buy it, I saw its potential though, 10 minutes with Polywatch and the crystal is nice again, it has a slightly yellowed dial that we can call Tropical and as such it must be worth a fortune , I can't figure the stem release button to see if the dial will clean up or if its permanent, the obvious holes don't seem to release it, Ill keep poking it. The other is a good donor watch if I ever need one for one of my divers being a 7546, but I kind of like it, needs a new crystal really as there a few cracks.
    As we like to know how much these car boot buys cost, the Oris was £3, the stopwatch a tenner and the Seiko on the left was 50p and the other £2 I think.

First pass with the ultrasonic bath with the bracelets, it took 4 goes before it was clear.

Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman

Just love car boot Sunday, this was my find this morning, Tissot Seastar running like a dream.

Lovely find, particularly the Hanhart for me.

Lovely finds👍. Love the travel alarm clock.

Amazing what can still be picked up at car boot sales. Great finds. I m particularly liking the Tissot.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Very nice jase!!