closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Friday afternoon read for the Paneristis among you

Friday afternoon read for the Paneristis among you

I found it an interesting and enjoyable read and hope you do too.

https://perezcope.com/2018/02/15/pam...MN6z83YPNwJowA

Interesting read by a discredited blogger

Perezcope doesn't seem to have a good name.
    https://steemit.com/perezcope/@perez...nt-watch-faker
    Last edited by RAJEN; 26th April 2019 at 14:58.

Banned
    You better remove your link before I take you to court for libel, defamation and character assasination. You have been warned!

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Interesting read

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Just when I was getting bored, something interesting comes along to cheer me up. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by pereztroika View Post
    You better remove your link before I take you to court for libel, defamation and character assasination. You have been warned!
    Now that, boys and girl, is a first post.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Now that, boys and girl, is a first post.
    You see, if a faceless person would create a website for the sole purpose of discrediting you – believe me – you wouldn't be very amused either.

Quote Originally Posted by pereztroika View Post
    You see, if a faceless person would create a website for the sole purpose of discrediting you – believe me – you wouldn't be very amused either.
    Mmm, I'm sure you're right. But I don't think you've picked someone likely to be impressed by nebulous legal threats.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Mmm, I'm sure you're right. But I don't think you've picked someone likely to be impressed by nebulous legal threats.
    This is not about being impressed, this is about common sense. One look at that website is enough to understand there was a clear agenda behind making it in the first place. I uncovered one of the biggest scams in the vintage watch world and exposed those responsible for it. In return, the exposed parties set up that website to discredit me.

Thanks for that,good read

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a fantastic read, I have just bought my first Panerai so it is interesting to know a bit more about the company's history and more recent rebirth I was a regular on Timezone in the late 90's into the early 2000's and remember the hysteria in the US around this brand at the time so its good to be able to put it into context.

I think your legal threats are somewhat misplaced. If you want to sue someone it should be the people who published that 'defamatory' piece. The reason I looked up your name was that your piece didn't quite add up. You made some sweeping statements about the brand which to me seemed agenda driven. A quick google search revealed the article which I linked. You don't have to and I can understand if you don't want to but if you feel like it, you can present your side of story. You may feel you shouldn't have to every time that accusatory story is quoted/comes up and one can understand it to some degree. Regardless, while one can understand some degree of self righteous anger, your first response sounded a little too excessive and defensive. If you feel so strongly about it, you should have sued and extracted an apology from the publisher behind that article and make them retract the story. May be you have in which case, feel free to tell us about it.

Master
    I think your legal threats are somewhat misplaced. If you want to sue someone it should be the people who published that 'defamatory' piece. The reason I looked up your name was that your piece didn't quite add up. You made some sweeping statements about the brand which to me seemed agenda driven. A quick google search revealed the article which I linked. You don't have to and I can understand if you don't want to but if you feel like it, you can present your side of story. You may feel you shouldn't have to every time that accusatory story is quoted/comes up and one can understand it to some degree. Regardless, while one can understand some degree of self righteous anger, your first response sounded a little too excessive and defensive. If you feel so strongly about it, you should have sued and extracted an apology from the publisher behind that article and make them retract the story. May be you have in which case, feel free to tell us about it.
    +1.

Craftsman
    Oh dear i think theres a couple of tired people on here
    Maybe an early night
    Happy panerais

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Excellent and enjoyable read. Thanks for posting.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

When I bought a Panerai I was looking for more information on the brand’s history and found perezcope.com not only very informative but absolutely enjoyable to read. So much that I’ve read the whole site back and forth. If someone is putting light on fakers and destroying their business is quite easy to understand that he will have enemies.
    To decide who has credit and who is the bad boy here is easy.
    Go through the site and use common sense.
    (Maybe enjoy the read? )

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I found perezcope.com through Jake Ehrlich who's work with Rolex I have enjoyed very much for many years. It took me a couple of weeks to read it all and I really appreciated it.

Panerai are a minefield... but that is what makes them so enjoyable.

Panerai LUMINOR Submersible-wouldn't have it any other way:-)

In the early days of Panerai reborn in the 90s and early 2000s the lack of documentation and odd watches appearing was a common source of confusion and this, coupled with rising prices and basic designs, opened the door to many Frankenpanies - several of which I am sure sit in very expensive collections around the world. The later PR machine hasn't helped.

One thing is for sure, if you patrol the Internet looking for a fight you will find plenty coming your way
    Gray

Panerai LUMINOR Submersible-wouldn't have it any other way:-)
    Nice strap. What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Nice strap. What is it?
    https://www.strapcode.com/collection...-bbr01-n9a15-b

Shouldn't work but it does. Atleast for me:-)

https://www.strapcode.com/collection...-bbr01-n9a15-b

Shouldn't work but it does. At least for me:-)
    Very interesting. Thanks. They have them on Amazon and with a PVD buckle. Very tempting.