closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Making Tax Digital - tip regarding Sage Business Cloud

Making Tax Digital - tip regarding Sage Business Cloud

Not sure if anyone else is using Sage Business Cloud (I assume that many are), but if your submission fails first time around go into your VAT settings and make sure that your MTD status has been authenticated with HMRC on Sage (scroll down to the bottom of the page to do so). This assumes you've registered with HMRC and received their confirmation of registration, of course.

HTH!

We use Kashflow and I had to do the same yesterday. I'm still waiting for an email from HMRC confirming that the change has been effected.

I submitted my VAT return via Sage last week and got the message that the submission had failed. Tried again 10 minutes later and it failed again. Tried a third time and got the failure message again so this time I checked the error message and it said that the submission had failed because the return had alread been submitted. Checked my e-mails and sure enough, the first submission was successful even though it said it wasn't.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I submitted my VAT return via Sage last week and got the message that the submission had failed. Tried again 10 minutes later and it failed again. Tried a third time and got the failure message again so this time I checked the error message and it said that the submission had failed because the return had alread been submitted. Checked my e-mails and sure enough, the first submission was successful even though it said it wasn't.

Eddie
    That's annoying! At least you know for next time.

Just done my VAT return from Sage Cloud accounting and it was a breeze. Very pleased we have been 'forced' to move over.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I've got my first MTD return coming up next month and still not ready for it. This thread has kicked my a**se.

Craftsman
    I set up Quickbooks in early April. When I last logged in a couple of days ago it had missed pulling a couple of bank transactions, though it did point this out to me so I got them added. I just hope it was a one-off, but may need to switch to Sage or Xero if it happens again.

Journeyman
    Cloud security is a Gcorelabs here. It is not only the cloud service provider but also the customer who needs to design their architecture with security. Each Cloud Platform has its security mechanisms, and most of them support Compliance like PCI-DSS for e-commerce-based applications!
    Last edited by Derrils; 15th June 2022 at 11:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Derrils View Post
    good point
    Good post.