closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I only went to drop off a watch for a service...

I only went to drop off a watch for a service...

I popped into the AD yesterday to drop off a watch for a service, had a good natter about the usual with the nice man, Including how he was only expecting one 126600 Sea Dweller this year, so much for expected increases in supply and my chances of getting mine anytime soon!... no change to the status quo but a nice way to spend a bit of time preparing for the inevitable hours ahead whilst Mrs C rounds up more clothing that she doesn’t need or won’t wear for our upcoming sunshine break.

As luck would have it there was a rather nice blue DJ2 sat in the window and the gods must have been smiling down at me as the enemy was in a particularly good mood and suggested I take a look at it as she knew I had been wanting to get my hands on one for some time and it would be good to get a feel for size as the Explorer had proved just a smidge too small (who knew she was even listening, let alone retaining information)

Not wishing to look a gift horse in the mouth I agreed that, yes dear, it would be good to get a feel for size and yes, it would be good to see if the blue was as nice in the flesh as I hoped it would.

Two minutes later, a discount had been negotiated, monies had changed hands and empty boxes being put into bags and a lovely, new to me DJ2 was on my wrist, I’ve known my wife for just over 30 years and she still didn’t see it coming, the poor girl was left dazed and confused as the deal was completed.

This watch is a real gem, the dial is particularly lovely. I have neither the skills or equipment to really capture just how nice this is and how it changes but to me the overall package of this watch is bang on, I’m not sure why it took me so long to get here?

There is a thread running currently asking if this watch could be a one watch solution... yes, if you were that way inclined.

*Please be aware, other opinions are available - and I’ve only had it one day!*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Immaculate. Well done, looks great on your wrist.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Must be a nightmare having to keep buying Rolex

Very nice though :)

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Must be a nightmare having to keep buying Rolex

Very nice though :)
    I don’t need two kidneys anyway!

Master
    I'm not a Rolexalite, but it does look rather nice.

A discount???

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    I popped into the AD yesterday to drop off a watch for a service, had a good natter about the usual with the nice man, Including how he was only expecting one 126600 Sea Dweller this year, so much for expected increases in supply and my chances of getting mine anytime soon!... no change to the status quo but a nice way to spend a bit of time preparing for the inevitable hours ahead whilst Mrs C rounds up more clothing that she doesn’t need or won’t wear for our upcoming sunshine break.

As luck would have it there was a rather nice blue DJ2 sat in the window and the gods must have been smiling down at me as the enemy was in a particularly good mood and suggested I take a look at it as she knew I had been wanting to get my hands on one for some time and it would be good to get a feel for size as the Explorer had proved just a smidge too small (who knew she was even listening, let alone retaining information)

Not wishing to look a gift horse in the mouth I agreed that, yes dear, it would be good to get a feel for size and yes, it would be good to see if the blue was as nice in the flesh as I hoped it would.

Two minutes later, a discount had been negotiated, monies had changed hands and empty boxes being put into bags and a lovely, new to me DJ2 was on my wrist, I’ve known my wife for just over 30 years and she still didn’t see it coming, the poor girl was left dazed and confused as the deal was completed.

This watch is a real gem, the dial is particularly lovely. I have neither the skills or equipment to really capture just how nice this is and how it changes but to me the overall package of this watch is bang on, I’m not sure why it took me so long to get here?

There is a thread running currently asking if this watch could be a one watch solution... yes, if you were that way inclined.

*Please be aware, other opinions are available - and I’ve only had it one day!*

That's a beauty. I started the other thread, there have been many replies & I still can't choose between rhodium & blue - though your photos are strong persuaders. Enjoy it (and your holiday).

Discount as it wasn’t brand new

I do like the Rhodium but for me the blue was by far the nicer option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Perfect

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Classy. Well done

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    I'm not a Rolexalite, but it does look rather nice.
    I would just like to echo this

Sent from my SM-A320FL using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Great choice that blue dial is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

Master
    That dial looks beautiful in the natural daylight. The sunny weather really brings out the best in some dials, yours being one of them. Lucky man.

Journeyman
    I really like the blue. Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    I agree the dial is pretty, the sunburst pattern makes it

Master
    Awesome looking watch, congrats

Craftsman
    thats beautiful. Im not very knowledgable on rolex but the forum here has given me a basic education on them.
    This looks like a datejust crossed with an explorer and its spot on. sporty but also dressy. face is amazingly elegant. If money was no object, this might be on the list. Wish you well to wear it.

Journeyman
    Great watch, I’ve had the fluted bezel DJ2 for over 9 years now with the blue dial, and that dial still is a pleasure to wear! So I’m sure you will get a lot of enjoyment from it.

That's one proper watch!

Why serice when you can buy new?

BUBI 0_0

Master
    That’s really nice the combination of bezel colour is stunning. I trust you prefer the size to your Explorer.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    That’s really nice the combination of bezel colour is stunning. I trust you prefer the size to your Explorer.

Steve
    Absolutely... I know I’ve been her before but this does feel like the perfect combination

Journeyman
    Lovely dare I say "understated" watch you have there. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Owl1
    Very nice , been looking at that one myself , love the dial .

2 weeks in now and it does not disappoint, the size, fit and feel on the wrist is better for me than the explorer, I still think the dial is a lovely piece of work and it is fast becoming a firm favourite.

Blog Entries
    And breath - what a wonderful addition, congratulations.

Martyn.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 1st May 2019 at 18:13.

Master
    I wonder what inspired the design?

(I'm not suggesting for a moment that the Seiko is equivalent quality - but there again it tells the time and I've not had to remove the cyclops )

Quote Originally Posted by Matt68 View Post
    I would just like to echo this

Sent from my SM-A320FL using TZ-UK mobile app
    In spite of myself, I agree.

I could actually imagine wearing that.

Very nice.

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Blog Entries
    That's a perfect 3 hand watch in my book, if you lobbed the cyclops off it even better.