closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Royal Mail Special Delivery Tracking

Royal Mail Special Delivery Tracking

Guys,
    A little input would be appreciated please.

I am expecting a delivery via RMSD. Sender said he sent it Thursday evening. When I tried to track it I got this message:

That would say to me that it HASN'T yet been posted.

Am I correct or is the sender telling porkies?

I know it's an Easter Bank Holiday but other items I was expecting have been delivered and the Royal Mail website updated accordingly.

Thanks,

Si

Master
    I've had that status on an item I handed over the counter in person at around 11.00am, until early the following day. I'd say it really means, 'item is posted but we're still using it for a goalpost in the back room'. Nothing to worry about I think.

Quote Originally Posted by nickk View Post
    I've had that status on an item I handed over the counter in person at around 11.00am, until early the following day. I'd say it really means, 'item is posted but we're still using it for a goalpost in the back room'. Nothing to worry about I think.
    That's All Folks

I've had this same message until the item has actually arrived with me. Only then did the tracking details of where it had been appear.

Not what you'd expect with RMSD but hey ho.

At a guess, this might happen once something has been handed over at a Post Office and before it is collected by Royal Mail and scanned for the first time at a sorting facility. The interval will depend upon when RM collect from the PO etc, eg day of the week and national holidays.

If it was posted after the cut-off time on Thursday, it wouldn't be processed until the next working day, which is Today. The earliest I would expect you to receive it is Tuesday.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Thanks for everyone's input.

If it was processed today (after Thursdays cut-off) I would have expected the website to have updated.

I guess I'll find out soon (ish).

Regards, Si

That's All Folks

Journeyman
    All that means is Royal mail post office has your item. it will turn up next week I would think. Even it has missed a scan on the way it will show up when it gets to the next way point. RM special delivery don't guarantee next day on a Saturday unless you pay extra even .