closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Rolex thread (please don’t hate me)

Journeyman

Another Rolex thread (please don’t hate me)

Firstly Hello everyone!

This is my first post despite lurking on here for some time. I’ve really tried to hold off posting this thread as I know just about everyone is sick of reading about Rolex shortages...
    But I’m really hoping for some help/advice from people with knowledge in the subject and I really hope I don’t attract any negative remarks.

Firstly I’m after a 116610LV (please don’t fall about laughing), I have a small collection of watches of reasonable value (I have a Cosmonaute, SOH ii, a Tag Carrera Chrono and I love all three) but this will be my first Rolex.
    I’ve approached a few AD’s (grey market is definitely not something I would be interested in as I just don’t see a Sub being worth upwards of £10k) and have been treated very differently by each, Goldsmiths in Trafford said they could virtually guarantee a watch in 6 months to a year if I purchased something they had in stock (only TT and Gold which I don’t like and wouldn’t wear), I filled out a little bit of card registering my interest in Mappin and Webb (they seemed really uninterested) and spoke to a really nice guy in Nantwich (CH Moody) who I actually went to visit and have a chat with, and also to David M Robinson in Liverpool.

Another hurdle which I’m faced with is that I live in North Wales so the amount of AD’s in the locale is small, I’ve driven over an hour to Liverpool, Manchester and Nantwich to personally meet people but it’s not a trip I want to make on a regular basis.

So I suppose my question to you gentlemen (those who are still reading) is; What should I do for the best?
    Do I keep ringing up these people to show my interest? do you think it’s worth driving the distances to each of these places to prove I’m genuine and in the hope they’ve just taken delivery?

I really don’t want to give up on a truly distinctive piece to have in any collection!

If you’re still reading by this point thanks for taking the time and I look forward to your insightful advice.

Gaz

Master
    Blog Entries
    You prob don't want to hear this but in reality you want one of the hottest watches on the planet and have no relationship. Therefore you have literally zero chance unless you buy a load of unwanted items from an AD (which will end up being more expensive then simply buying from a grey and also they still might string you along)

Secondly adding your name to a list for such a hot / in demand watch means little in this day and age and you will most likely never get the call as the list is probably imaginary and a polite way to say sod off.

It sucks but its the way it is right now unless you get lottery style luck.

In a nutshell you are 3-4 years too late. Things are crazy the past few years regarding hot Rolex Sport models.

If hellbent on getting a Rolex best chance is aim for a Black Sub / Explorer / Explorer II.

Try and get really friendly with a small local AD if you can and show your sincere. What you have to remember is that everybody now is seen as a likely flipper if your not a longstanding customer as essentially you can walk out the door with the watch and pocket a extra 4 grand 5 mins later.
    Last edited by kultschar; 20th April 2019 at 02:38.

Journeyman
    Thank you kultschar for getting back to me with such a frank and honest response. It’s not particularly that I’m after a Rolex, I’ve always preferred Breitling with their background in aviation (I’m an aeronautical engineer) but my brother in law just picked up a black sub date which to my surprise I liked, when I looked into it a little more and found the green one I was in love!
    I’ve bought my watches over a decade and Goldsmiths only check 5 years back and they wanted me to go to Birmingham (3hrs away and where I bought my last watch) which is just crazy!
    It’s a shame about people buying them to sell and I don’t really care if the AD keeps the tags box and papers which would surely be important or vital for selling on? It’s not like I’m asking for each of the hot ones like I know some people have, it’s literally the only one I’m interested in.
    I even though about asking to have the back engraved with my wedding date to show I’m genuine? As I know Rolex provide this service.

If you've been 'lurking' around for a while you'll have read similar threads a thousand times before and the answer remains the same.,
    Personally one or two of us would probably not bother with something so mainstream and dare I say 'dull' but if you must follow the herd then you need to accept the associated rubbish that goes with it.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    If you've been 'lurking' around for a while you'll have read similar threads a thousand times before and the answer remains the same.,
    Personally one or two of us would probably not bother with something so mainstream and dare I say 'dull' but if you must follow the herd then you need to accept the associated rubbish that goes with it.
    It’s certainly not mainstream to anybody I know, I must be a lot less affluent that the average forum member? I don’t know if anyone who has one even less a “herd” of people? Perhaps in London it’s a regular sight but I can assure you in North Wales it’s not a common timepiece.
    Unfortunately I have read a lot of similar threads but on the Rolex forum (where I’ve also started lurking) they seem to think the LV to be reasonably available, though I don’t know where they’re shopping as it’s not by me haha

I empathise with you (to a point) as I’m on the waitlist - albeit for a far more common and less “hot” model. Reconcile yourself to the fact that contrary to your opening post, the watch you love actually is worth over £10k. Rolex’s list price is not relevant as it’s not available to most of us (much like a ticket to a sold out gig or sports event). You’ve bought a lottery ticket by leaving your details with a few dealers, but now you need to adjust your expectations and look for something in your price range. Harsh but true I’m afraid

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

It’s market value is what it is and while it remains so grey or used would be your only option I think.

Master
    Is it really worth all the hassle? If it is, you’l probably havebto buy used, at an outrageous price. Only you can decide ....personally, I’d not bother. It’s just another mass-produced watch. But, people do pay, maybe you’re one of them.
    But probably not from an AD I’m afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglybug View Post
    Firstly Hello everyone!

This is my first post despite lurking on here for some time. I’ve really tried to hold off posting this thread as I know just about everyone is sick of reading about Rolex shortages...
    But I’m really hoping for some help/advice from people with knowledge in the subject and I really hope I don’t attract any negative remarks.

Firstly I’m after a 116610LV (please don’t fall about laughing), I have a small collection of watches of reasonable value (I have a Cosmonaute, SOH ii, a Tag Carrera Chrono and I love all three) but this will be my first Rolex.
    I’ve approached a few AD’s (grey market is definitely not something I would be interested in as I just don’t see a Sub being worth upwards of £10k) and have been treated very differently by each, Goldsmiths in Trafford said they could virtually guarantee a watch in 6 months to a year if I purchased something they had in stock (only TT and Gold which I don’t like and wouldn’t wear), I filled out a little bit of card registering my interest in Mappin and Webb (they seemed really uninterested) and spoke to a really nice guy in Nantwich (CH Moody) who I actually went to visit and have a chat with, and also to David M Robinson in Liverpool.

Another hurdle which I’m faced with is that I live in North Wales so the amount of AD’s in the locale is small, I’ve driven over an hour to Liverpool, Manchester and Nantwich to personally meet people but it’s not a trip I want to make on a regular basis.

So I suppose my question to you gentlemen (those who are still reading) is; What should I do for the best?
    Do I keep ringing up these people to show my interest? do you think it’s worth driving the distances to each of these places to prove I’m genuine and in the hope they’ve just taken delivery?

I really don’t want to give up on a truly distinctive piece to have in any collection!

If you’re still reading by this point thanks for taking the time and I look forward to your insightful advice.

Gaz
    As others have said, the green sub is a really hot piece so I’d say you’ll struggle unless you go grey. Pieces like green subs are more easily obtained by people with strong AD relationships and purchase history.

I’d maybe set your sights more towards Explorer 1/2, Milgauss, Yacht Masters and all the Datejust models. Once you have some purchase history consider a move up to a green sub.

Or bite the bullet and pay the £11 odd grand for one now. The way prices move, several years from now the grey price could easily be £15-16k.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    As others have said, the green sub is a really hot piece so I’d say you’ll struggle unless you go grey. Pieces like green subs are more easily obtained by people with strong AD relationships and purchase history.

I’d maybe set your sights more towards Explorer 1/2, Milgauss, Yacht Masters and all the Datejust models. Once you have some purchase history consider a move up to a green sub.

Or bite the bullet and pay the £11 odd grand for one now. The way prices move, several years from now the grey price could easily be £15-16k.

Good luck.
    Agree. The funny thing is it’s not even a remotely rare watch - there are always dozens for sale, just not at RRP.

It’s certainly not mainstream to anybody I know, I must be a lot less affluent that the average forum member? I don’t know if anyone who has one even less a “herd” of people? Perhaps in London it’s a regular sight but I can assure you in North Wales it’s not a common timepiece.
    Sorry OP I didn't mean to come across so harsh, are you intent on buying one to impress others?
    Personally I'd sooner buy something a little 'left field', more easily available and substantially less expensive, Sinn, Oris, Fortis, vintage Tudor for example.
    GLWYH.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Another Rolex thread (please don’t hate me)

As your an aeronautical engineer based where you are I take it you work at Airbus? I only ask as I worked Airbus Filton a few years ago.

Anyway back to your watch and this could be a solution, if you really like the green Sub that much then buy grey, yes you are paying way over the odds but it should continue to rise in price, where it could work out very well is by keeping your name on several lists and pushing the AD’s for an LV.

Hopefully one day you get the call and buy your dream watch at list, you can then sell the grey watch probably at a premium of what you purchased it and I guess it would sell quickly if priced keenly, a bonus is you start a good relationship with an AD and when you walk in still wearing your green Sub a year later the dealer will be impressed you haven’t sold for profit!!
    Last edited by murkeywaters; 20th April 2019 at 08:02.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Agree. The funny thing is it’s not even a remotely rare watch - there are always dozens for sale, just not at RRP.
    People moaned about BLNR being crazy at £8k....and never bought. Look where they are now.
    Hulk could also take a rise.

Tough market

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Sorry OP I didn't mean to come across so harsh, are you intent on buying one to impress others?
    Personally I'd sooner buy something a little 'left field', more easily available and substantially less expensive, Sinn, Oris, Fortis, vintage Tudor for example.
    GLWYH.
    All great options but I think the problem is that once you have your eye on the goal, nothing else will do and everything else will always be second place.

Craftsman
    The good thing is that you are set on a model and (I presume) don’t have a deadline to get it (to wear on wedding day). I wouldn’t get drawn into the things that AD’s suggest such as buying a TT/PM (unless you really like it) as they’re still not putting it in writing you will get your watch in a given timescale.
    Ringing around, what I know is that is that AD’s get numerous calls each and every day from people who phone every AD in a locality. Again no prior spend history so all the AD thinks is “another flipper”
    Driving over to specifically go to an AD is also likely to result in disappointment. Certainly consider nipping into one if you happen to be near one through work or downtime (airport AD’s etc) but again manage expectations as plenty of forum posts on airport AD availability.
    We live in uncertain times and I would like to say that this shortage will end as many people will only chase after things so long before giving up. It is another mass produced watch but the relative scarcity makes it even more desirable. If you can’t wait, negotiate with a grey if you must, but approach with caution online auction sites as it’s a minefield for the first time Rolex buyer

Master
    I’m glad I’ve grown out of the Rolex “sports” watch thing.

Build a relationship, show you’re sincere, buy other models to show you’re serious, get on a list, then wait by the phone for “the call” like an expectant father, etc.

Seems way too much effort. For what is a common as muck, mass produced watch, in steel.

The AD is a shop, you want to buy stuff they sell stuff, It’s not going to a priest looking absolution FFS

Craftsman
    You have zero chance of getting one from an AD being a new customer. I’ve been waiting for one since September 2017 and since then I’ve had a BLNR, 5167A, black Skydweller and Tudor GMT but no hulk...

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    I’m glad I’ve grown out of the Rolex “sports” watch thing.

Build a relationship, show you’re sincere, buy other models to show you’re serious, get on a list, then wait by the phone for “the call” like an expectant father, etc.

Seems way too much effort. For what is a common as muck, mass produced watch, in steel.

The AD is a shop, you want to buy stuff they sell stuff, It’s not going to a priest looking absolution FFS
    chuckled, good analogy, genuflect often enough before the dealers shrine and buy some 'pardons' establishing your commitment to the faith and you to may have the chance one day to own a piece of the one true cross TM.

Marketing genius.

Well with out purchasing anything ADs not interested, and they just do an expressed interest policy which if you not bought nothing is flawed.

I was on the list for a sky dweller and sea dweller since launch at Goldsmiths Leeds which is 2 years just gone. I went in recently as left it for a year as was assured when you number is up I will get the call.

So went in a few weeks ago was told "no lists no more" expressed interest now unless you have a relationship!!

So I said well I been trying to get a relationship for 2 years. So I was actual taking a Omega in for a service so dropped that in had a good moan got a sea dweller 3 days later he felt I was cheated and wanted to get me something before the Rolex AD has gone at Goldsmiths Leeds.

As Rolex due to the high demand and low production are closing ADs all over and having a Rolex boutique in a lot of cities only so was told.

Preston's in Leeds is getting a bigger shop as it's not big enough.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I think if you really want the watch you have two options:

1. Buy grey now at way over
    2. Hope it’s a bubble and wait for a crash and then buy

I’m in the south east so maybe not a direct comparison however this year I’ve bought a dj for the wife, an explorer for myself and I’m still looking st 6-12 months for a sub date.

My local ad now knows me and I’ve also had some other jewellery bought from them over the last 12 months and yet i know I would never get at really hot model such as lv, Pepsi etc....I’ll be lucky to get the sub date this year

They have just taken on omega so I might also be tempted by a speedy to put some more business there way

Craftsman
    A friend of mine is very keen on a Hulk too, we went into Chisholm Hunter about 7/8 months ago and he was told by them it's a 10 (TEN) year wait for one. Might be a load of cobblers, suffice to say he got the message and readjusted his expectations!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post
    You have zero chance of getting one from an AD being a new customer. I’ve been waiting for one since September 2017 and since then I’ve had a BLNR, 5167A, black Skydweller and Tudor GMT but no hulk...
    Wrong.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    I don't follow your logic of visiting ADs for a model that Rolex no longer make???
    Eh?? https://www.rolex.com/watches/config...-0002/discover
    Last edited by Enoch; 20th April 2019 at 10:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysqueek View Post
    Ringing around, what I know is that is that AD’s get numerous calls each and every day from people who phone every AD in a locality. Again no prior spend history so all the AD thinks is “another flipper”
    Not all Ad's assume that every new enquirer is a "Flipper".

What we are getting better at is realising who is or might be.....

In Gaz's case my hope is to supply him in time for his big day next year.

My experience is to find an AD where the staff are actually watch enthusiasts. Then they will see your enthusiasm and passion for watches when you talk with them.This will build rapport and you have a better chance then as they will see you are passionate about owning the watch and aren't accumulating trinkets or flipping. If the AD isn't a watch enthusiast then you have no chance.

I find Fraser Hart in Kingston great in this regard, the manager and assistant manager are WIS and we often have chats for the sake of it. This has helped with the relationship a lot as they know I won't be sulking off to watchfinder with anything I buy there. As it happens my favourite Rolexes are the bog standard non sought after stuff like the OP but I have been able to acquire the harder to get stuff there as well which I have kept.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I’ve been 2 yrs on a Hulk “list”. I’m not holding my breath.

Master
    There are lots of Hulks around but you have to pay above RRP from either a private owner or a Grey Dealer and both will screw out the best price possible.

The best bet is simply to cough quietly, pay the money and simply wear the watch, forget about the value and hold on to it until you drop. In 30 years from now, the purchase price will be irrelevant and simply forgotten.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post

I imagine if someone phones up asking for a SD43, followed by all the hot models, alarm bells would be ringing. The shortage also means that prospective buyers has little chance of seeing it other than brochures and Rolex site

Journeyman
    Thanks so much for your replies everyone, I know a lot of you think the grey market is probably the only way to obtain one but I’m simply not that wealthy. At £7k this is very much a considered purchase, I’ve spent that much on a watch before in the Cosmonaute (and I’m sure will again) but going into 5 figures for a watch with a RRP of nearly half that of some of the listings £12.5k+ I just couldn’t justify to my OH or myself! At that price your in AP Royal Oak territory!!

And I know people are saying buy some other models to build a relationship but it’s not that I just want a Rolex at any cost, if the 116610LV said Tag Heuer, Omega or even Seiko (and was priced accordingly) on it I would still be after one! I just love the look of it, the brand is inconsequential. Also the idea of buying a watch I don’t particularly like and won’t wear just to sell is crazy and do you not think maybe that’s not helping the whole shortage situation?

Gaz

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post

You must be David then? It was a pleasure to meet you and we will certainly be back for our bands before the big day. The way I was treated by other Jewelers really turned me off to the big chains.

Gaz

Master
    Blog Entries
    You must be David then? It was a pleasure to meet you and we will certainly be back for our bands before the big day. The way I was treated by other Jewelers really turned me off to the big chains.

Gaz
    So your buying your wedding bands to help get a Hulk??? If so thats ideal and beats buying a watch you dont need or want - hope it works out! I purchased my wifes wedding ring to nudge an AD regarding my Nautilus and it worked perfect (picked up both same day)

Good luck!
    Last edited by kultschar; 20th April 2019 at 11:38.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    As your an aeronautical engineer based where you are I take it you work at Airbus? I only ask as I worked Airbus Filton a few years ago.

Anyway back to your watch and this could be a solution, if you really like the green Sub that much then buy grey, yes you are paying way over the odds but it should continue to rise in price, where it could work out very well is by keeping your name on several lists and pushing the AD’s for an LV.

Hopefully one day you get the call and buy your dream watch at list, you can then sell the grey watch probably at a premium of what you purchased it and I guess it would sell quickly if priced keenly, a bonus is you start a good relationship with an AD and when you walk in still wearing your green Sub a year later the dealer will be impressed you haven’t sold for profit!!
    Hi, yes I’m in Airbus (I’m the third generation of my family to have worked there) and have been for 19 years! I’ve never worked in Filton but did land there once on the way to Toulouse and marvelled at how SMALL Concord looks, it’s a tiny little thing, it didn’t help that I was working on A380 at the time so almost everything else looks small haha

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    So your buying your wedding bands to help get a Hulk???

There you go - hope it works out! I purchased my wifes wedding band to nudge the AD regarding my Nautilus and it worked perfect (picked up both same day)

Good luck!
    Well the fact is I have to buy the bands from somewhere and the choice was made simple as the only person who spoke to me like a human being was David at Moodys.
    Wouldn’t you rather give your business to someone who was nice to you or someone just trying to rinse you for a watch you don’t want in the hope of getting on a list for one you do?

Gaz

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well the fact is I have to buy the bands from somewhere and the choice was made simple as the only person who spoke to me like a human being was David at Moodys.
    Wouldn’t you rather give your business to someone who was nice to you or someone just trying to rinse you for a watch you don’t want in the hope of getting on a list for one you do?

Gaz
    I was in the same boat - I had to buy a ring anyhow so why not make it convenient and also help assist with a watch!!!!! I believe I was getting the watch anyhow but it was a nice excuse to nudge / remind them (and also show I am interested in other purchases!!)

Anyhow give us an update in due course!!!

Hulk is a lovely watch and is prob my one Rolex regret (sold here) but I guess had to be done at the time to raise funds quickly for a few others.
    Last edited by kultschar; 20th April 2019 at 11:47.

Journeyman
    I was in the same boat - I had to buy a ring anyhow so why not make it convenient and also help assist with a watch!!!!! I believe I was getting the watch anyhow but it was a nice excuse to nudge / remind them (and also show I am interested in other purchases!!)

Anyhow give us an update in due course!!!

Hulk is a lovely watch and is prob my one Rolex regret (sold here) but I guess had to be done at the time to raise funds quickly for a few others.
    I will of course keep you updated and hope to grace this thread at some point with a wrist shot!! If you don’t mind me asking, why did you sell it? Did it not meet your expectations in some way? Or was it to fund a dream watch?

Gaz

Master
    Blog Entries
    I will of course keep you updated and hope to grace this thread at some point with a wrist shot!! If you don’t mind me asking, why did you sell it? Did it not meet your expectations in some way? Or was it to fund a dream watch?

Gaz
    Hi Gaz

In a nutshell I had slowly built up my collection to 6 Rolex - many were similar (3 were Divers) and many not getting wrist time. I decided 3 watches was the magic number and had the chance to consolidate them into 2 dream watches hence I went ahead and it was a great decision in the end.

I lusted after the Hulk for a long time on forums etc but for some reason didn't wear it often when I finally got it. I cant really explain why as that dial is amazing! I ended up wearing the black 114060 instead. Anyhow typically my collection is growing again (up to 4) - its a crazy hobby. Would love to get my hands on a Hulk again in the future, im sure you will love it!

I had a amazing relationship with a Rolex AD and they got me everything I wanted including a Daytona (non ceramic back then). Sadly they lost their Rolex dealership and then a few years later this Rolex situation went nuts!! I remember seeing a Hulk in the window display of a Rolex AD in London back in the day - boy have times changed
    Last edited by kultschar; 20th April 2019 at 12:11.

Master
    I remember exactly two years ago a forum heads up of a Hulk at Norwich came up so I rang them and they reluctantly agreed they did have one in the window, so I asked if I could buy it and they said no for all sorts of stupid reasons, and then they took it out of the window. And now it's 2019.

Master
    Last edited by aksing; 20th April 2019 at 12:19.

Journeyman
    Hi Gaz

In a nutshell I had slowly built up my collection to 6 Rolex - many were similar (3 were Divers) and many not getting wrist time. I decided 3 watches was the magic number and had the chance to consolidate them into 2 dream watches hence I went ahead and it was a great decision in the end.

I lusted after the Hulk for a long time on forums etc but for some reason didn't wear it often when I finally got it. I cant really explain why as that dial is amazing! I ended up wearing the black 114060 instead. Anyhow typically my collection is growing again (up to 4) - its a crazy hobby. Would love to get my hands on a Hulk again in the future, im sure you will love it!

I had a amazing relationship with a Rolex AD and they got me everything I wanted including a Daytona (non ceramic back then). Sadly they lost their Rolex dealership and then a few years later this Rolex situation went nuts!! I remember seeing a Hulk in the window display of a Rolex AD in London back in the day - boy have times changed
    Never previously looking at Rolex I foolishly though I would see one in a window and be taking it home on the day! If only! What were your dream watches if you don’t mind me asking?

Gaz

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by aksing View Post
    I remember exactly two years ago a forum heads up of a Hulk at Norwich came up so I rang them and they reluctantly agreed they did have one in the window, so I asked if I could buy it and they said no for all sorts of stupid reasons, and then they took it out of the window. And now it's 2019.
    Really? That’s insane? What could possibly be the reason for that?

Gaz

Master
    I love my hulk, first time I got rid of it, as I thought I wanted the black. I could not give it away back than 5 years ago. Asked one from my AD they delivered and it’s one watch that will not leave my collection. If I want a diver I have my sd43 which gets a lot of wrist time. Tastes change, but my advice would be get what you like not what the forum likes or anyone else. This hobby is an expensive one at times:) but it’s also part of the fun of the madness of watch collecting.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    I love my hulk, first time I got rid of it, as I thought I wanted the black. I could not give it away back than 5 years ago. Asked one from my AD they delivered and it’s one watch that will not leave my collection. If I want a diver I have my sd43 which gets a lot of wrist time. Tastes change, but my advice would be get what you like not what the forum likes or anyone else. This hobby is an expensive one at times:) but it’s also part of the fun of the madness of watch collecting.
    You’re absolutely right, and I just love it too! I know the black is more practical in terms of what it can be worn with the the green is just WOW! A real stand out timepiece, nothing else remotely similar that I’ve seen! I’ve only ever had the black one on my wrist, I hope the green looks as good on as it does in pictures?

Gaz

Master
    Blog Entries
    Never previously looking at Rolex I foolishly though I would see one in a window and be taking it home on the day! If only! What were your dream watches if you don’t mind me asking?

Gaz
    I grabbed a Patek Nautilus and Aquanaut.

The Hulk dial is very cool as it changes on angle and lighting. Sometimes it can even look black!!

Master
    I hope the green looks as good on as it does in pictures?
    Gaz
    It’s better in the flesh than in the photos..

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    It’s better in the flesh than in the photos..

Now that is something special! Wow!

Journeyman
    I grabbed a Patek Nautilus and Aquanaut.

The Hulk dial is very cool as it changes on angle and lighting. Sometimes it can even look black!!
    Beautiful watches, stunning! But way out of my price range, they’re truly aspirational pieces!

Master
    Blog Entries
    My old one

Good luck finding one. I hardly wear mine, but I keep it for the splash of colour, a bit of variety from the rest of my (black- or blue-dialled) collection.

Master
    An illustration of the problem you face; a well-connected friend was rung yesterday by a ‘well known chain’ to ask if he wanted a new Rolex sports model (hard to get). He had never been on any ‘list’ or expressed a jot of interest in the model. But it was offered to him regardless.
    There are, lucky, folk on this forum who routinely get offered scarce models. Other people, most people really, never get a look in.
    Did he buy it? Yes, and he’s offered it to friends (ie me) at the retail price he paid. There’s no fairness in any of this, just connections and luck.

Journeyman
    My old one

Beautiful watch, love how the light changes the colour of dial. Now I’m green haha