closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Garden furniture recommendations?

Garden furniture recommendations?

We all like a good recommendation thread on TZ. Seeing as though it’s a lovely Easter weekend, can anyone recommend me a supplier of decent garden furniture, specifically rattan table and chairs (for that is what the wife wants! Ideally she wants an L-shaped couch with a a table we can eat from).

I’d just like to spend less than she has budgeted for it! (A block of wood and somewhere to rest my beer would do me!).

Thanks all...

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Just ordered some loungers with table from tectake.co.uk seemed good value

We just went to IKEA they have a good selection there

Got ours from www.rattandirect.co.uk

Based in Farnworth with an actual showroom so you can go and watch whilst your wife chooses.

Had ours four years now (I think) and it’s weathered really well in that period .

Craftsman
    Costco-high quality and unbeatable warranty should the unlikely event arise.

Master
    Ikea and B&Q are both work a look. Both have some good stuff.

Erm thanks FFF!

Journeyman
    https://www.hartsfurniture.co.uk/ Do lovely rattan furniture, we have a cube from them. Excellent stuff with aluminium frame so rust won’t be a problem in years to come...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Erm thanks FFF!
    Well I was going on the basis that a block of wood was what you'd be happy with. A few strategically placed throws and she'd never know!

we've been looking at some of this for a while and through research, I think that the brand '4seasons stuff' is really good. Found them after sitting on some very comfy chairs outside a snooty Surrey pub.

https://www.4seasonsoutdoor.co.uk/

It's a bit out of my price range for this year, as I'm going to treat myself to a smoker to replace my gas BBQ, but if i could afford both, I'd be there!

John

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post

Based in Farnworth with an actual showroom so you can go and watch whilst your wife chooses.

Had ours four years now (I think) and it’s weathered really well in that period .
    They have £100 off £750 spent, this Easter weekend. Tempting.

At that price point, I'd hope it lasts at least 5-7 years. We were looking for treated wood furniture but some of the rattan designs look nice.

Helped my sister in law build this yesterday, seemed quite well built and very comfortable.

https://www.diy.com/departments/gabb...2290117_BQ.prd

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Helped my sister in law build this yesterday, seemed quite well built and very comfortable.

https://www.diy.com/departments/gabb...2290117_BQ.prd
    My garden is full of teak furniture which seems to last forever. I once met some old chap at a social booze up and he decided quite rightly to get out of Rhodesia when Mugabee first got in and he shipped all his stuff to a house at the top of a hill overlooking bath.

He was downsizing and I bought a 3 seater bench seat off him which was made by a subsidiary of Hawker Siddeley and is now over 80 years old and it's still looking good.

Most of my tables and chair are about 25 years old, they are in good nick but they do look a bit dated when compared to the modern rattan furniture.

I have a set of rattan stuff in the Spanish place and it does look better than teak.

Thanks all. Of course it was pointless asking for advice as the wife found something she liked and alternative (cheaper) options ‘made her sad.’ So we are now £2k lighter. Pics when it arrives!

(The owner of the shop has his 488 parked outside. A correlation with the price of the furniture, perchance?!)

Master
    My wife is also keen to replace the teak table and chairs we have now (which I’m pretty happy with to be honest) with some rattan stuff. She keeps sending me deals from the likes of Wowcher.
    Knowing that we’re likely to have to get some in the end, what should I be looking for/asking about when it comes to rattan furniture??
    Is it easy to look after - as I know I’ll end up being the only one doing the looking after.
    Cheers

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Thanks all. Of course it was pointless asking for advice as the wife found something she liked and alternative (cheaper) options ‘made her sad.’ So we are now £2k lighter. Pics when it arrives!

(The owner of the shop has his 488 parked outside. A correlation with the price of the furniture, perchance?!)
    Sounds familiar

Master
    SWMBO did VERY extensive research on this a couple of years ago and decided the Bramblecrest range were the best money/performance wise. She was very insistent it came with an alluminium frame with stainless steel fittings. Two years on and it's like the day it was delivered... two recliners, dining table, foot stools, coffee table.

Master
    We got a set on a Groupon offer last year, rattan effect, 3 seater, 2 seater and 2 single seaters. Came with cushions and covers. Spent the winter with the frames piled in a corner of the garden without the covers on as they tended to blow away in the high winds we had here and the cushions in a ketter storage box.
    Pulled them out over the weekend to take advantage of the weather and they still look good and function as intended.
    Think the lot cost us under £600 from memory. So would recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    They have £100 off £750 spent, this Easter weekend. Tempting.

At that price point, I'd hope it lasts at least 5-7 years. We were looking for treated wood furniture but some of the rattan designs look nice.

A heads up to fellow TZers, and a follow up....

Sadly, I cannot recommend Rattan Direct at all owing to poor customer service, and poor delivery service, to date.

1) The nominated delivery date was not met (5 days lead time so nothing too challenging for a UK outfit)
    2) They delivered the wrong product! Both in size, shape, and colour.
    3) Four subsequent emails, firstly highlighting the no show and secondly incorrect product, were sent without reply.
    4) The first two phone calls made, having not received an email reply, were hung up!
    5) The customer service agent today, Wed May 1st, stated the earliest they can have the correct product delivered is Tues next week (7th May). Despite their website stating "Order before 12 pm (midday) on Wednesday 1st May for guaranteed delivery before Bank Holiday Monday (6th May). The last delivery day will be Friday 3rd May." So only after asking if the website is false, did we agree that the corrective delivery can be sent for Fri 3rd May.

Very hard work. It may be easier to opt for a refund...
    Last edited by cman; 1st May 2019 at 10:07.