closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Spring bar tools for Rolex: Bergeon 7825 or Horotec 10.306 for 1/3rd the price ?!

Journeyman

Spring bar tools for Rolex: Bergeon 7825 or Horotec 10.306 for 1/3rd the price ?!

Finally sick to death of faffing about with my 6767 tool and would like a pair of tweezers to simplify the job and reduce my heart rate. I hear the Bergeon 7825 are far better for Rolex Subs/GMTs and the like (versus the 6825 pliers), but has anyone used the far cheaper Horotec 10.306, at roughly 1/3rd the price ? I don't see why these wouldn't perform just as well and Horotec make great quality products, but i'm wary that you get what you pay for!
    Does anyone have any thoughts?
    Thank you vm indeed.

Master
    Just check the width of the tips on the Horotec, from my research it was a tad too wide to fit inside the endlink springbar cutouts. The Bergeon is 0.95mm so fits fine.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Just check the width of the tips on the Horotec, from my research it was a tad too wide to fit inside the endlink springbar cutouts. The Bergeon is 0.95mm so fits fine.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk
    Good point. Tip width 1.40mm...

Just bought the 7825 under two weeks ago. It is good just annoying it costs so much. It isn't without issue tho, still need a lot of concentration.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Just bought the 7825 under two weeks ago. It is good just annoying it costs so much. It isn't without issue tho, still need a lot of concentration.
    Agree on it being expensive. It didn’t work well for me when changes straps on my Daytona (went back to using the normal burgeon spring bar tool) but it works fine on bracelet watches

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post
    Agree on it being expensive. It didn’t work well for me when changes straps on my Daytona (went back to using the normal burgeon spring bar tool) but it works fine on bracelet watches
    To quantify expensive here, is it a problem that costs too much or that similar tools can be had at a fraction of the price?

Considering a strap can be anything from 10 quid to 300+ quid, and the sky's the limit on the actual price of the watch, 140 quid for a tool that will last years and with care, significantly reduce the chance of slippage and scraping the crap out of an expensive piece, or ruining the springbar end of an expensive strap.

Unless youre watches cost about 20 bucks, just get the proper tool. Most wouldnt hesitate to spend the cost on a strap or two.
    Last edited by Wilson_smyth; 21st April 2019 at 08:54.

Always wanted the 7825 but put off by price and this post has rekindled my interest.Just googled and found regine horology voh springbar tool on amazon for £55 delivered.Tips are 1.2mm.Anyone with experience on this one?

Sent from my E6653 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I bought one of the cheap tools off eBay, but then fitted genuine Bergeon tips.. it works well on Oyster bracelets, but even with the narrowest tips, it’s still to wide to fit the gap in the Jubilee bracelet..