closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Long weekend DIY, what you've been up to?

Long weekend DIY, what you've been up to?

I finally managed to put a couple of lights in the loft. What you've been up to?

Fas est ab hoste doceri

That reminds me, I have some door knockers I need to put up.

I have a chest freezer which needs attention.

Gardening today .Some turf to remove and dig a new flower bed, then I have to make a new potting table/rack out of some timber thats been hanging around in the shed for a while .

Extra points for me this weekend and its not raining

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Decking, at the top of the rear garden, 4.2x3m, 180 degree sea views, nice and relaxing.

some people go to the sea side, me I spend two days removing 75 year old bolts & repairing door posts , its good to have a hobby!!

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    I finally managed to put a couple of lights in the loft. What you've been up to?

Honestly did make me look twice......
    You’ve kept abreast of that job

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post

Nice pair.

Just finished painting our Sun Room (with vaulted ceiling). Two days and 5lt of paint later, but it looks very nice and SWMBO is pleased. Now just the living and dinning rooms to go before starting starting on the bedrooms.

My own Forth Bridge Project, but at least not time banded.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

F.T.F.A.

Amen Bob.

Forum troll taking the pi$$ on the back of frustration of not having BP access. Other people seem unable to see the micky taking that he is posting?.
    Last edited by Chris_in_the_UK; 20th April 2019 at 11:03.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I love a nice sunrise.

Master
    Finishing off the new bathroom install in my daughters new place- just the bath/shower to go- what a pig that loo was looks nice but a nightmare to fit
    Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr

130 rolls of turf down
    Trimming up to do

The wife has just broken our cantilever parasol (snapped the paracord) so another job to add to the list.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

New front wings and lower suspension arms for my elderly A124 E Cabriolet

Master
    I have had a week off to get on with some DIY. So far the jobs done include:
    kitchen- new extractor fan, 6m if ducting to outside wall, boxing in ducting, new skirting boards, new bifold door to utility, new shelf for the Sonos, replace leaking radiator valves, tiling backsplash, painting walls, doors, skirting

Sons bedroom- install new ikea wardrobes in alcove, scribe surrounding panel so it’s ‘fitted’

Front door - paint door, door step

Front room- repaint walls

Garden- general tidy up, new plants for the patio

Misc other- touch up paint in hallway, 4 * new light switches.

Other things done but not by me- water softener installed, car taken for safety recall work, 2 new tyres fitted and tracking done.

It’s been a busy week but with the wife and kids away at the in-laws it was the best opportunity to get everything done!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Mowed the lawn for the first time is ages today (with my son's help). Bit achy and tired now.

Blog Entries
    Good Friday…. I was changing this (my daughters first car)

To this…. A few more coats of black to do

It was a pig of a job and took a load of layers of P40 and then P38…. Layers of Krust and some anti rust primer

I don’t regard myself as mega practical, so, was really pleased with the way it’s turning out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Jet washed the patios, paths and stairs to rid them of the thick layer of moss that relentlessly takes over every winter.

Doesn't sound that bad a job, but 6 hours with a jet washer. I think I have white finger.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Master
    Just fixed the lock on the bathroom door - my daughter got stuck inside yesterday and it took a bit of effort to get the door open. Handles off, lock mechanism out - one screw on the mechanism was preventing it opening/closing properly - screwed back down, bit of lubricant to keep it all going whilst I had it open and back together. Now works a treat. I'd treat myself to something, but the shops are all closed.

Painting a wall that seems to be never-ending and getting a headache doing it in the bright sunshine too.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Missed a bit t!!!!!

Craftsman
    Finishing off my conservatory rejuvenation with a couple of coats of paint following insulating, plasterboarding and skimming.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Painting a wall that seems to be never-ending and getting a headache doing it in the bright sunshine too.

R
    Surely a thick pile roller for that wall would ease the work?

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Surely a thick pile roller for that wall would ease the work?
    For the second coat it certainly will. However for the first coat it didn't fill in the texturing sufficiently well.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    For the second coat it certainly will. However for the first coat it didn't fill in the texturing sufficiently well.

R

Ahem...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/wall-spray-paint.

Master
    Managed to avoid or, more likely, postpone my date with the paintbrush but have cleaned the windows, prepped for skirting boards and sorted TV aerial. Not too bad for a morning's work.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Good Friday…. I was changing this (my daughters first car)

To this…. A few more coats of black to do

It was a pig of a job and took a load of layers of P40 and then P38…. Layers of Krust and some anti rust primer

I don’t regard myself as mega practical, so, was really pleased with the way it’s turning out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ford Ka?

- - - Updated - - -

The most I've done this weekend is have a BBQ and drink lots of beer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Ford Ka?

- - - Updated - - -

The most I've done this weekend is have a BBQ and drink lots of beer.
    Yes…. A common issue I understand!

I’ve caught up with you on the beer!

Master
    done very little at all over the weekend due to complete remedial replacement of my right hip 9 days ago.i have been following my surgeons strict instuctions of chair/bedrest and only walking with 2 crutches about 20yrs max once a day,just enough to keep the muscles working.we have a couple of upright type high back fireside chairs which are suitable for me to use once they have been raised on blocks.both chairs,one a nice leather chesterfield the other a piece of cr*p my wife brought back from my m-i-l's.both turned out to be very uncomfortable for use in the long term.after a couple of days i thought ,sod this and went on the hunt to ebay.in the end i found a twin motor sherboure recliner with rise feature in as new condition ,a year old ,and get this chaps it was actually in a colour the wife liked!!.all for the measely sum of £125.it was local to me so i sent my gentle[mostly] giant youngest son to fetch it.its heaven,i can make it do everything i need,lie flat,dozens of seating positions and so so comfortable,its going to make the next five weeks so much easier.i am not trying to foist my woes on the forum as i am very pleased to be where i am now.this is my 3rd replacement hip op,i am looking forward to getting back to normal and getting excited about the imminent arrival of my latest baby granddaughter..next year i am going to have a barbeque and drinks lots of beer .cheers all greasemonkey..
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 24th April 2019 at 09:19. Reason: sspelin