closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vintage Rolex stolen in Spain after the owner was followed

Master

Vintage Rolex stolen in Spain after the owner was followed

This is sounding all too common these days...

https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-n...utm_medium=rss

"Johnson purchased his watch 50 years ago with his ‘first paycheck’ alongside four close friends—all of whom have since had them stolen."

Disgusting.

So sad and just wrong. Only silver lining is he was physically not injured. But pure scum who did this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    "Johnson purchased his watch 50 years ago with his ‘first paycheck’ alongside four close friends—all of whom have since had them stolen."

Disgusting.
    Don't know if I'm buying that bit to be honest.
    Must be long odds on that happening.

Craftsman
    Didn't realise the ceramic pepsi was so old.............

Glad he wasn't hurt but I am a little skeptical. They couldn't even use the right pic in the story:-)

Master
    They omoitted to mention in the report that she had cleaned his windscreen topless before getting in the back of the car and it was the third time that week that he had visited to place....... :-)

B

Disregarding the wrong watch being pictured (sloppy journalism), the article says that she “slipped in the slow closing gate, trapping herself inside”. She then stole his watch and ran off.

How could she if she was trapped inside the property? Most Spanish properties with gates high enough to trap a person in also have high walls too.

I hope he's alright. He probably will be if his wife believes him.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Disregarding the wrong watch being pictured (sloppy journalism), the article says that she “slipped in the slow closing gate, trapping herself inside”. She then stole his watch and ran off.

How could she if she was trapped inside the property? Most Spanish properties with gates high enough to trap a person in also have high walls too.
    There is often a big safety button mounted on the inside of the wall to facilitate quick departure. However she took a chance because there would have been a 50% chance that the button would be inside the house and like you said, both the gates and walls are high. Mine are 7ft high at the front and 9ft at the rear with 8" spikes on top.

Also half of the villas now have third party cctv, so her luverly mug is likely to have been caught on film.

However it has to be said that elderly Ex Pats are considered prime targets as my wife found out in 2012 when her handbag was ripped off her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    However it has to be said that elderly Ex Pats are considered prime targets as my wife found out in 2012 when her handbag was ripped off her.
    Someone a while ago in another similar thread said "look like food and expect to get eaten". Horrible but true.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Someone a while ago in another similar thread said "look like food and expect to get eaten". Horrible but true.
    What is even sadder is that even WIS's think it is funny and that they deserve to be beaten up and mugged purely because they chose to live out there. They were obviously drunk, chatting up hookers etc etc. Not a nice world really.

Master
    My father lives in Spain and was approached by 2 women last month who made a fuss that they knew him with one hugging him.
    She had the flip lock and safety catch undone with his Submariner resting on his knuckle before he realised what was happening.
    My father had just come back from a Ukalele lesson and had the instrument on his back so he hit her over the head with it and as she turned to walk away, booted her up the Arse.
    My mother made a scene shouting “thieves” as the 2 women calmly and slowly walked away without skipping a beat.
    A funny story but he’s now know and it could have ended badly if the occupants of the parked car watching had got out.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Loupe View Post
    My father lives in Spain and was approached by 2 women last month who made a fuss that they knew him with one hugging him.
    She had the flip lock and safety catch undone with his Submariner resting on his knuckle before he realised what was happening.
    My father had just come back from a Ukalele lesson and had the instrument on his back so he hit her over the head with it and as she turned to walk away, booted her up the Arse.
    My mother made a scene shouting “thieves” as the 2 women calmly and slowly walked away without skipping a beat.
    A funny story but he’s now know and it could have ended badly if the occupants of the parked car watching had got out.
    This story has made me chuckle more than it should have done!

My father was in the same scenario last year and the women slipped his DJ off his wrist after making a fuss of the dog and cuddling the old man as they parted! By the time he realised what had happened they where gone in a car!

My old man is 73 but fit and sharp so was really upset by this!

They tried the same this year but they got a mouthful before they got near!

They have also tried it on a couple of his friends all in the same area.

And another Rolex robbery in London.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-victim.html
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 21st April 2019 at 21:24.

Master
    A colleague had his TAG stolen in the canaries in a similar manner, ie a female hugging him and slipping it off his wrist. He had owned it for several years so was very annoyed.
    Best to wear your watch on a NATO when on holiday then.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    And another Rolex robbery in London.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-victim.html
    Sad stories.

On a side note, how on earth is Emilia Clark featured on this daily mail story... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Mine are 7ft high at the front and 9ft at the rear with 8" spikes on top. Also half of the villas now have third party cctv,
    I understand the sun, food and wine are the draw of a Spanish lifestyle, but living behind fortified walls with cameras everywhere would take the relaxing feel of it away for me.
    I once stayed in a place like this in Zimbabwe, even then the walls were not enough but what really stopped intruders was the 2 Rhodesian Ridge backs walking the gardens, best get yourself a couple of those

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    I understand the sun, food and wine are the draw of a Spanish lifestyle, but living behind fortified walls with cameras everywhere would take the relaxing feel of it away for me.
    I once stayed in a place like this in Zimbabwe, even then the walls were not enough but what really stopped intruders was the 2 Rhodesian Ridge backs walking the gardens, best get yourself a couple of those
    You got to keep this in perspective.

Spain has a much lower crime rate than the UK. This is probably due to the fact that the police are not exactly gentle in apprehending toe rags.

The high walls are de riguer on any villa near the coast and they do look rather attractive with shrubbery all over them. Most villas in a coastal urbanisation are only occupied during July and August when the wealthy Spaniards come down for the annual break from Madrid and Barcelonia.

The high walls and cctv just give more peace of mind.

Burglaries are relatively rare and I cannot recall any taking place near me for a few years.

Most of the wrist grabbing incidents tend to take place in places like the Rambles in Barcelonia and Benidorm rather than quiet coastal towns.

I have a professional associate who divided his time between Britain and Spain for a number of years. He sold his villa recently after the third burglary. It does appear that part-time residents can become targets unfortunately.

Yup sadly part time occupation makes for easy targets.