closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Panerai radiomir advice

Master

Panerai radiomir advice

I've been interested in Panerai radiomir for some time,recently encouraged in this by owning a lovely Prs 20 LE.
    I'm mainly looking at the 210,753 and 232 .Any useful advice or owner feedback would be welcome.

I owned the 183 for many years. Loved it. I sold it to trade up to the 190 with its gorgeous JLC 8 Day movement. Frankly the 183 would have served perfectly fine. It has a slimmer profile and was such a comfortable watch to wear. I still miss it. Sometimes I get tempted to sell the 190 and rebuy the 183, except there is a certain character the 190 exudes.

Currently these older PAMs are great value - out of what you've listed the 232 would be my pick - one of the most under rated LEs, great size and of course those brass hands.

Master
    I have been through this same process and it came down to 210 vs 183. After trying on the current equivalents with and without small seconds, I eventually plumped for the 183 as I wanted the ETA movement rather than in-house 8-day movement (which is required to get the sandwich dial). For me the 210 had more blank space on the dial so it appeared a bit larger. I wasn't too concerned with seeing if the watch is running or not so it came down to aesthetics. For some strange reason I prefer the Luminor without seconds, but on that watch the seconds dial is larger relative to the dial so a bit less unobtrusive.

It's a personal decision, but I was looking for a classic-looking watch as my first from the brand. I may eventually upgrade to a more expensive watch, but certainly not a more complicated one in terms of functions. Owning the Radiomir has started me thinking of adding a Luminor, it's really drawn me to the more basic designs from their range.

If you're really not sure, the PAM753 model seems a conspicuous bargain on Chrono24, but it does miss some of the things I like about my 183.

Ant

Master
    I see you are in NI, I have a 232 and a 190, if you want to have a look and try them drop me a message and will see if we can tie up.

Master
    Thay sounds like a plan Nev. You can infect someone else with the pamavirus.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master
    And very pleasant meet up with Nev who try as I might could not be parted from the lovely 232.Anyone got one spare ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.f View Post
    And very pleasant meet up with Nev who try as I might could not be parted from the lovely 232.Anyone got one spare ?
    Damn that was quick! Any particular reason for the 232 over the 190?

Master
    Not a fan of seconds on the dial.Also thinking seriously about the 753.

Master
    A thoroughly pleasant meet and chat with Dr. F earlier today, thank you for the coffee was much appreciated

Hopefully you can get sorted with a 232.

Journeyman
    If you’re okay with 47mm base dial radiomir,there are also 249,448,449,424,425 and 720-721 duet

Master
    Well,think the 47mm might be a ' bridge too far ',so have ordered a 753. We'll see.

Craftsman
    Have a look at the 380, wears very nicely.

Master
    Well,think the 47mm might be a ' bridge too far ',so have ordered a 753. We'll see.
    Think you should have held out for a 232, it was perfect for you, and a 45mm Rad does wear "small".

Journeyman
    Agree,my mom has 6 inch wrist and currently wearing a 47mm pam 339 as it has long PR and light

Hi John - I've own a couple of radiomirs & currently have a 183. It fits perfect for my 7.25 inch wrist. I would love some of the 47mm but just too big for me. I love the UNITAS movement as it kind of keeps to panerai heritage. I like the exhibition case back as well. Very satisfying to wind. You should enjoy the 753.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Strnglwhank; 23rd April 2019 at 22:18.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    Think you should have held out for a 232, it was perfect for you, and a 45mm Rad does wear "small".
    Maybe I'll get there in time.😃

Journeyman
    Out of your 3 choices I would go for the 210. For me the sandwich dial and wire lugs are a must for a radiomir. I own a Pam190 but came very close to buying the 210

I would agree that they do wear smaller than the diameter would suggest. I’ve currently got a 425 and at 47mm I thought it would be a bit to far but for my 7 1/4 wrist it’s ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Maybe I'll get there in time.
    If you want to see any of them again, or borrow for a few days to get a better idea, just let me know :-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    If you want to see any of them again, or borrow for a few days to get a better idea, just let me know :-)
    That's very kind.

Master
    And my new 753

Big thanks for everybody's help and advice.

Master
    Very nice. Health to enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

👍👍enjoy

well done, congrats!

Very nice. Enjoy in good health my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Very nice!! enjoy