closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cartier Santos

Journeyman

Cartier Santos

Just picked this up after much deliberation. I’m not a dress watch fan and would not own an “occasion” piece. This can easily be dressed up or down and came with leather too. My only frustration is that Cartier have designed an easy change system for strap swops which is superb but sadly limits one to buying their straps....nice but not cheap. Doubt there will ever be other options in the future .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DrDunc; 17th April 2019 at 20:50.

Craftsman
    Lovely watch. Have you worn a “rectangle” before? I’ve always loved the look of a Reverso or Cartier, but tried on a few Reverso options the other week and they felt very odd on the wrist. Not sure if that means it’s not for me or just being so used to a round watch.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Nice! Nearly bought a blue one, but went for another option this time.

Master
    I took this in trade recently and was surprised by how much I like it.

These seem to wear a lot better than the reverso for me. Not sure if that is due to how the bracelet fits or the width of the watch, but I aways found reversos to sit on top of the wrist whereas this wears like any well fitting round watch (for me at least)

Quote Originally Posted by greenandblack View Post
    Lovely watch. Have you worn a “rectangle” before? I’ve always loved the look of a Reverso or Cartier, but tried on a few Reverso options the other week and they felt very odd on the wrist. Not sure if that means it’s not for me or just being so used to a round watch.

Banned
    really like the story behind the Santos (first man to invent a plane not fired by bungees/on skis) as well as ailerons(?) - sad end to the Brazilian man in the end however.

Master
    love the Santos - but would never pay full price or expect it to be absolutely accurate (auto). Also the classic steel with the blue hands and guilloche face would be my choice. Cartier have a great history as jewellers.

Stunning watch!

How does it wear ? (assume its the larger size?)

Santos is a nice watch. Also like the XL.

Journeyman

Cartier Santos

Have large size.....wears so well. Nice and curved so sits well on the wrist.
    Decent discount and extra strap. Never had rectangular watch before but no regrets. Hodinkee review good, and Time and Tide singing its praises yesterday. The easily adjustable bracelet is superb and can be done with ones fingernail.As for timekeeping.....I have a friend who is obsessed by accuracy.....it’s a watch and if it happens to run,for example, 10 secs slow per day....then fine....most of us rotate regularly so I'm hardly going to be bothered by a 20 sec loss over two days before it goes back into its slot in the box. I'm far more interested in the looks, and the history surrounding the watch and Alberto-Santos Dumont in 1904.
    Last edited by DrDunc; 18th April 2019 at 19:50.

They're a watch I like on others but after I tried a friend's on decided wasn't for me. Couldn't put my finger on what didn't feel right but it didn't.

That said, I'd like to try a bracelet version.

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    I took this in trade recently and was surprised by how much I like it.

These seem to wear a lot better than the reverso for me. Not sure if that is due to how the bracelet fits or the width of the watch, but I aways found reversos to sit on top of the wrist whereas this wears like any well fitting round watch (for me at least)
    Always fancied one of these on the bracelet, I've had two on the straps and both times they deployment clasp dug into my wrist and drove me crazy:should have learnt after the first one really but then that's what crazy does for you.
    They seem to be super rare on the second hand market on the bracelet and I've always got my eye out for them but so far no luck.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    A square Cartier is a lovely dress watch. Mine is almost square. And almost a Santos.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master
    Great watches (IMO). I'm onto my fourth now, the latest one is a keeper as it has sentimental value as well as being a lovely timepiece.

Master
    I'm a massive fan of the ADLC Santos, although I prefer the white second hand on the older version to the muted red on the new version (I'm colour-blind, so it may not be muted to everybody!).

(taken from: https://monochrome-watches.com/hands...s-specs-price/)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gladders View Post
    I'm a massive fan of the ADLC Santos, although I prefer the white second hand on the older version to the muted red on the new version (I'm colour-blind, so it may not be muted to everybody!).

(taken from: https://monochrome-watches.com/hands...s-specs-price/)
    That is lovely.