closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: For West of Scotland watch buyers

Master

For West of Scotland watch buyers

Im sure some of you will have had dealings with Eric N Smith, the Rolex AD on the south side and that he had retired and closed his business down.
    I was saddened to hear today that he had passed away “after a short illness”.

https://benchpeg.com/journal/eric-n-smith-1949-2019

Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    Im sure some of you will have had dealings with Eric N Smith, the Rolex AD on the south side and that he had retired and closed his business down.
    I was saddened to hear today that he had passed away “after a short illness”.

https://benchpeg.com/journal/eric-n-smith-1949-2019
    Thanks for sharing and I’m very saddened to hear that.

I was a regular visitor, and spoke to him just as he was closing up. He was looking forward to more time playing golf and travelling.

Very sad!

Craftsman
    That's a shame.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    A real shame. A gentleman and not long retired which is so sad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that. I bought my first Rolex from Eric and then another just before he retired. Downhill after retirement is quite common.

Master
    Thats terrible news.
    Shop was 5 mins along the road from me and bought my first Sub there.
    He always seemed well but I wonder was this something to do with him retiring last year.
    Got an email from my golf club last week saying Mr Eric Smith had passed away and wondered if it was him as I didn't realise he was a member.
    RIP.

Master
    I thought that too but I guess we'll never know.

I always thought one of the big chains would have taken the shop, just to have the Rolex franchise but I guess they (and Rolex) might have other plans.

He has had a very distinguished life. A talented chap!

Sorry to hear this sad news.As others mentioned I had dealings over the years purchasing watches from the shop.I know in later years there was a robbery or two which would of shook them up and the location was a bit off the track - all the AD's are argyle arcade city centre based.I think most of their clientele were long term customers.

Sent from my E6653 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Gutted to hear that

Great guy and got a BLNR and a steel Daytona from him and his wife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    I thought that too but I guess we'll never know.

I always thought one of the big chains would have taken the shop, just to have the Rolex franchise but I guess they (and Rolex) might have other plans.
    Seemingly Rolex weren’t prepared to transfer the franchise at all. I know a chain was interested but Rolex wouldn’t play ball (allegedly)

I hate hearing about people who work all their life and pass away just as they ought to be enjoying life without work pressures. All too common sadly. I think I only met him once but I still recall it. Sad news.

Craftsman
    Sad to hear , a nice shop with good service friends and family bought some watches there over the years

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Gutted to hear this!

Sad to hear, grew up a few minutes drive from the shop and had been in a number of times.

Whilst we are on topic, wasnt there another Rolex agent/jeweller in Newton Mearns on the Ayr Road called Strangs about 15 years ago?

Strangs were East Kilbride based I think. They also had a shop in Glasgow Airport for a while. I don't remember them being in Newton Mearns.

Rox (if still the same company!) used to be in Newton Mearns.
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Sad to hear, grew up a few minutes drive from the shop and had been in a number of times.

Whilst we are on topic, wasnt there another Rolex agent/jeweller in Newton Mearns on the Ayr Road called Strangs about 15 years ago?
    Strangs were in East Kilbride inside the shopping centre, just at the corner opposite where Sainsbury’s is now.

Ayr also had an AD called Wallace Allan. The shop is still there but sells Tag and Omega now.