closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hentschel

Craftsman

Hentschel

I was wondering if anyone on the forum owns a Hentschel and how they've found it. I really like the appearance of the H1 chronometer in steel with the red 12 but I've never seen one of their watches in the metal, only in pictures. Thanks for any thoughts on them.

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

I've a Hafenmeister in steel; its an H2 series though, not an H1. This picture shows its interesting profile:

It did cost quite a bit, but I don't regret this acquisition at all. Andreas Hentschel markets his watches as 'Uhren fur Leben' (or something like it) - watches for a lifetime. It's very well made, has an interesting case, a simple but not simplistic dial with sharply printed numbers, gorgeous hands, a lovely movement (more or less in house, as it's derived from the Anton Schild Wehrmachtswerk) which fits the 38.5 case very well (not like the Nomos Alpha, which is Peseux/ ETA 7001 derived and it's obviously much smaller).

Don't buy it if there's a risk of flipping it, you'll lose lots of money in the process. But then again, I'm a serial flipper, this watch is however safe in my collection. In my opinion, there's pretty much nothing like it in the market. Dornblueth creates lovely watches, but typically large/ thicker, with a different set of hands, which I like less.

Here's one more pic:

Cheers,
    Christian

Pure class Christian!

I'm ashamed to say for how long I've been obsessed with the H1. The news that it's now available in steel has got me very flustered. Any idea of the price?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I'm ashamed to say for how long I've been obsessed with the H1. The news that it's now available in steel has got me very flustered. Any idea of the price?
    Steel H1: 7,550 € (£6,528)
    Gold H1: 10,980 € (£9,493)
    Steel H1 with Werk 1 movement: 12,550 € (£10,850)