closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cantilever Parasol Base

Cantilever Parasol Base

Just about to buy a 3m cantilever parasol with cruciform base. The polypropylene weighted base that you fill with sand or water is an extra £50 for 4 quarters.

Is there anything that stops me buying 4 off 450x450x32mm (62 kg total) concrete paving slabs from Selco at £1.75 each).

Seems so obvious. Am I missing something here which means it’s not a great idea. Or, anyone use the same and it works OK?

Or maybe get a shallow trough knocked up with some 4x2, put the cruciform base in it. Cover with small stones (got loads of those I need to get rid of) and add bag of concrete, bag of sand and some water?
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 16th April 2019 at 20:55.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Just about to buy a 3m cantilever parasol with cruciform base. The polypropylene weighted base that you fill with sand or water is an extra £50 for 4 quarters.

Is there anything that stops me buying 4 off 450x450x32mm (62 kg total) concrete paving slabs from Selco at £1.75 each).

Seems so obvious. Am I missing something here which means it’s not a great idea. Or, anyone use the same and it works OK?

Or maybe get a shallow trough, put the cruciform base in it. Cover with small stones (got loads of those I need to get rid of) and add bag of concrete and some water?
    We use the slabs with the parasol sitting on a even surface. Never had a problem. Never been worried about it blowing over, the slabs do a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post

Or maybe get a shallow trough, put the cruciform base in it. Cover with small stones (got loads of those I need to get rid of) and add bag of concrete and some water?
    i build a frame and put some locking wheels on it. Then I added some paving stones before adding a hardwood top. My wife then added 2 large terracotta planters (with soil). The wheels are invaluable because you will need to move it - even just to clean the patio.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Slabs will be fine - I had the water weight base and in tbe end I sacked them off and it was just screwed to the decking boards.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Yes my father in law uses slabs, stacked two high as I recall, so 8 in total.