closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I hate Amazon

Master

I hate Amazon

Well a mixture of Amazon, mobile phones and my own ability to resist temptation. In the last month I've managed to buy two G Shocks whilst sat on the toilet simply because I was bored.

Thank God I only buy cheaper watches when I perform my morning ablutions because I could end up a very poor man.

I just tell myself that G Shocks don't count as real watches

Sent from my SM-G903F using TZ-UK mobile app

I feel the same way about G Shocks, I know I should like them, Ive had several, but never keep them.
    Cheers..
    Jase

You must either stop using the toilet or get rid of your mobile phone. Or both. ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Amazon Prime Now is even more dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    You must either stop using the toilet or get rid of your mobile phone. Or both. ;-)
    Easier just to take the wife in, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Easier just to take the wife in, surely?
    That or sew up the bung hole:-)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    I feel the same way about G Shocks, I know I should like them, Ive had several, but never keep them.

I thought id feel the same, have a box of autos but felt i wanted to try a gshock. picked up a gw5610 on a whim.
    It instantly became as valuable to me as any of the autos.

• Its styling heralds back almost exactly to the original G-Shock.

• It is entirely "in house" & has a great company with a great history behind it.

• its impeccably designed for its domain, a great marriage of form and function.
    • Its retro 80's styling just appeals to me.
    • Its insanely functional, e.g
      • solar powered. there are quite a few reports of solar gshocks still running after 20 years without out issue on original battery.

• radio controlled, dont need to set the time

• multi time zone, which is useful to know when family are awake across the world

• bomb proof, drop it from 100 feet, leave it outside for a week, freeze it, doesnt matter, it will just keep working.

• Its styling hearalds back almost exactly to the original G-Shock.

Some weeks i just wear the g-shock as its nice to occasionally not have to worry about setting the watch or think about, check/record accuracy.

I’m sat here reading this whilst taking a breather from gardening - thought I’d wear this today as it’s been in a drawer for what must be nearly a year - still showing a high charge, synced last night- like the cockroach of the watch world!IMG_5315.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I’m sat here reading this whilst taking a breather from gardening - thought I’d wear this today as it’s been in a drawer for what must be nearly a year - still showing a high charge, synced last night- like the cockroach of the watch world!IMG_5315.jpg

Brilliant things. I bought this off the SC probably 8 or 9 years ago for 20 quid. I've been garden all day every day for a week. You can just about make out Mrs Parabola on the Micro JCB in the background. By gardening, I mean we've got rid of a hill, lowered the front of the garden, raised the back and dug 18m of foundations for a retaining wall

Quote Originally Posted by Parabola View Post

I just tell myself that G Shocks don't count as real watches
    Can that excuse be valid regardless of how many g-shocks one has amassed? Or is there a limit? (asking for a friend...)

Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post
    Can that excuse be valid regardless of how many g-shocks one has amassed? Or is there a limit? (asking for a friend...)
    No limit as long as you keep posting pics is the rule. Quite sure.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post
    If you need to get rid of some I'll happily dispose of them.....especially your, I mean your "friends " MR-G's😉

Quote Originally Posted by Parabola View Post
    In the last month I've managed to buy two G Shocks whilst sat on the toilet simply because I was bored.

That's really classy..................

Not sure if better or worse than the guys in public toilets with their tackle in one hand - while talking into their phone.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    That's really classy..................

Not sure if better or worse than the guys in public toilets with their tackle in one hand - while talking into their phone.
    I think they're both pretty sordid in their own way. Especially when they neglect to tell their missus

Master
    How short must an attention span be to take a phone into the toilet? And think of the hygiene implications...!

Just disconnect for 2 minutes!