closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Passing through

  1. #1
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Surrey, UK. Odiáxere or somewhere in-between
    Posts
    7,316
    Blog Entries
    19

    Passing through

    I thought it fun to post a collage of watches that have passed through my collection over time. Maybe others record theirs and would like to share? Sadly this is not all that have been with me but it does cover the majority.

    No prizes in identifying them all - but have a go.







    Some overlap and no particular time order.

    Martyn
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 15th April 2019 at 18:38.

  2. #2
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    End of the world
    Posts
    2,933

    Passing through

    My lot. Think I’ve missed one or two, reminds me of a few regrets






    Currently remaining:


  3. #3
    Master murkeywaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Near the sea
    Posts
    2,771
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I thought it fun to post a collage of watches that have passed through my collection over time. Maybe others record theirs and would like to share? Sadly this is not all that have been with me but it does cover the majority.

    Martyn
    Some stunning watches you have owned there - but which one hurts the most, the biggest regret..

  4. #4
    Some great watches tried out above!

    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post

    Currently remaining:


    If I could add a few Omega and a couple of Tudor watches, plus my one GO, I think I could be very very happy with that selection for the long haul!
    It's just a matter of time...

  5. #5
    Master Der Amf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,875
    See if you can spot a theme in this half dozen


  6. #6
    OP I think your Air King Date is my favourite and which you have mentioned before. I think this one deserves more photos.

  7. #7
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    End of the world
    Posts
    2,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Some great watches tried out above!




    If I could add a few Omega and a couple of Tudor watches, plus my one GO, I think I could be very very happy with that selection for the long haul!
    The Pepsi was initially just to keep me going until I manage to upgrade the 5167 to a 5164, however that’s looking unlikely and the Pepsi has barely left my wrist - love it so far.

    I think I will get a Rolex diver and leave it at that. The ones I fancy are the ones I’ve all had before - 114060, Hulk or DSSD. Head says Hulk but Heart says DSSD (Love the Hulk but when I had it I seldom wore it and dont know why. Think a few people find this).

    Maybe I will try the James Cameron Deepsea!
    Last edited by kultschar; 15th April 2019 at 22:10.

  8. #8
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Surrey, UK. Odiáxere or somewhere in-between
    Posts
    7,316
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    OP I think your Air King Date is my favourite and which you have mentioned before. I think this one deserves more photos.
    I’ll see what I can do

  9. #9
    Regrets? I’ve had a few..... but then again, too few to mention.

  10. #10
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Buckinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    See if you can spot a theme in this half dozen

    Love the Junghans (as I have one), the Longiness and the bottom centre! :)

  11. #11
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post

    I think I will get a Rolex diver and leave it at that. The ones I fancy are the ones I’ve all had before - 114060, Hulk or DSSD. Head says Hulk but Heart says DSSD (Love the Hulk but when I had it I seldom wore it and dont know why. Think a few people find this).
    Interesting - I’m finding my Hulk getting most wear at the moment although this probably has much to do with it being a fairly recent acquisition. Just got my hands on a CHNR Root Beer which will challenge that although for me, the Hulk is much more casual and easier to wear.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,829
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    The Pepsi was initially just to keep me going until I manage to upgrade the 5167 to a 5164, however that’s looking unlikely and the Pepsi has barely left my wrist - love it so far.

    I think I will get a Rolex diver and leave it at that. The ones I fancy are the ones I’ve all had before - 114060, Hulk or DSSD. Head says Hulk but Heart says DSSD (Love the Hulk but when I had it I seldom wore it and dont know why. Think a few people find this).

    Maybe I will try the James Cameron Deepsea!
    Weirdly one of the best pictures of your old watches above is the Aqua Terra. Shake it's gone, although with the currently selection I can see why you don't have it anymore. I would definitely try the D-Blue, especially the current version with the better proportioned bracelet.

  13. #13
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    End of the world
    Posts
    2,933
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Weirdly one of the best pictures of your old watches above is the Aqua Terra. Shake it's gone, although with the currently selection I can see why you don't have it anymore. I would definitely try the D-Blue, especially the current version with the better proportioned bracelet.
    The Skyfall Aqua Terra is very nice but man it is so damn thick for what it is. Apart from that gripe - this is another classic example of how Omega have messed around with their designs just for the sake of it and made things worse rather then a nice tweak. If I remember rightly at the time I replaced it with the Explorer which wore much nicer on my wrist.

    Yes I think I will hunt for a D-Blue 126660 for when I pop back over in August, hopefully one pops up on SC in the meantime - intrigued by the new bracelet design as can't really tell much in pics.
    Last edited by kultschar; 18th April 2019 at 12:19.

  14. #14
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    28,024
    Mine are here. It hurts too much to look.

  15. #15
    Master jukeboxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,038
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Mine are here. It hurts too much to look.
    I actually thought there might be more !

    I'm surprised to see the 5167 and so many 16600s (sure you were looking for one recently), and indeed some Hulks (again thought you had a WTB recently). Didn't think you'd lose the GO either. At least the Mil Spec is still with you (and maybe a 5513?). Not as many MM300s as I might have thought. [You have a few duplicates in there - just not at the same time I assume, a la Scott.]

  16. #16
    Not surprised! Better to have loved and lost though
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Mine are here. It hurts too much to look.
    Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

  17. #17
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    London & Kent
    Posts
    634
    Can I ask what apps you use for the collage? Diptic? Or do you use Albums? Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    The Skyfall Aqua Terra is very nice but man it is so damn thick for what it is.
    I don't find that at all with mine, but my other regular wear watch is an SD43 so that may go someway to explain it.

  19. #19
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    End of the world
    Posts
    2,933
    Quote Originally Posted by njr911 View Post
    I don't find that at all with mine, but my other regular wear watch is an SD43 so that may go someway to explain it.
    Sorry just to explain - thickness for such a small 38-39mm elegant watch is what I meant (I had no qualms about wearing my old DSSD)

  20. #20
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Surrey, UK. Odiáxere or somewhere in-between
    Posts
    7,316
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by NickRed71 View Post
    Can I ask what apps you use for the collage? Diptic? Or do you use Albums? Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    take a screenshot on my phone and post - I have a smugmug album which I try to keep a mug shot of my watches as they pass through the collection.

  21. #21
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    London & Kent
    Posts
    634
    Thanks Martyn


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  22. #22
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    South Coast
    Posts
    74

    Passing through

    This is my passing through from around 2011 to today.

    My awards would go to:

    All time favourite:
    Rolex Day-Date 40 YG

    Repeat Offenders:
    3 x Steel Rolex Submariner Date (2 x black and 1 x green)
    5 x Rolex GMT Master II (2 x Steel - LN & BLRO, 1 x TT not pictured, 1 x YG and 1 x RG)!

    ‘Work of Art’:
    Patek Philippe 5205R-010

    Special Mentions:
    Patek Philippe 5712/1A and Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15400ST

    Biggest Flops:
    Rolex Submariner Date Green (116610LV) and Patek Philippe 5712G.


    Last edited by Justdate; 22nd April 2019 at 13:42.

  23. #23
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    End of the world
    Posts
    2,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Justdate View Post
    This is my passing through from around 2011 to today.

    My awards would go to:

    All time favourite:
    Rolex Day-Date 40 YG

    Repeat Offender:
    Rolex Submariner Date (2 x black and 1 x green)

    ‘Work of Art’:
    Patek Philippe 5205R-010

    Special Mentions:
    Patek Philippe 5712/1A and Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15400ST

    Biggest Flops:
    Rolex Submariner Date Green (116610LV) and Patek Philippe 5712G.


    Wow some crackers there!!!

    That 5712G variant never did anything for me at all - so pale!

    So what's left today in the collection??

  24. #24
    Gosh. It is interesting to see how much change there can be in a collection. My buying is more of a one way function.

    Best wishes,
    Bob

  25. #25
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    South Coast
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Wow some crackers there!!!

    That 5712G variant never did anything for me at all - so pale!

    So what's left today in the collection??
    Thanks, it was quite a journey! Yes the 5712G is a tricky dial to read but can look amazing in the right light though. I have kept my highlights including the Rolex YG Day-Date 40 and Rolex YG Daytona black dial for my wife. I also have a few of the Steel Rolex which are always great watches. I sold the Nautilus 5712/1A to a friend at retail as he wanted it SO much and I could not really justify keeping it due to a big house purchase. But he sends me photos all the time so I still get to enjoy it, such an amazing watch. The Offshore AP no longer are to my taste and so they are gone.

    I have chilled out a bit now, and so taking my time in choosing anything new to add. I would also love another Patek dress watch... but all in good time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •