closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: And it’s 50 up .... ripple of applause from the pavilion

And it’s 50 up .... ripple of applause from the pavilion

So I’ve had this 1969 sub in safekeeping for nearly 3 years. I’m 50 today and finally can wear this beauty with pride. Thanks to Haywood for his expertise and general brilliance.

Congratulations!

A birth-year watch and a lovely one at that.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

What a cracking watch! Sometimes a birth year watch makes sense:-)
    Congratulations

Blog Entries
    A cracker, and more to the point, happy birthday!

Congratulations on you birthday and getting this lovely looking sub to celebrate it, well worth the wait I'm sure!

Master
    Very nice but I'd have happily worn that at 47, 48 and 49.

Master
    Congratulations on the birthday, and on such a lovely watch to celebrate the milestone.

I also applaud your restraint in owning that beauty, yet managing to leave it the safe for three years...!

Well done on the milestone, you have will power to leave that in the safe for 3 years!

Be nice to see some other pictures though..

That is very nice indeed.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    Exquisite.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I must say I do like a nice watch
    Happy Birthday
    Gray

Blog Entries
    What constraint, but we’ll worth it! Congratulations on both counts. This is meant with all sincerity, “wear it in good health!”

martyn.

Love the watch and good planning to have bought that beauty three years ago. Congratulations on your birthday!

I am joining you in the 50 club later this year, I wish I had your foresight.

An excellent way to mark your half century. Congratulations and happy birthday.

What a nice way to celebrate your birthday. Looks like a cracking watch, have a great day wearing it.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Congratulations on your 50th and what a lovely watch to go with it. Kudos for resisting for 3 years, not sure I could have done that!

Master
    Many happy returns, that looks a beauty.

Craftsman
    And a very happy birthday to you from me .
    I also turned the big 50 this year also . Was dreading it for some reason but actually felt better in the end . Weird.

I wonderful watch to boot !!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

And a very happy birthday to you from me .
    I also turned the big 50 this year also . Was dreading it for some reason but actually felt better in the end . Weird.

I wonderful watch to boot !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Very nice but I'd have happily worn that at 47, 48 and 49.
    The OP sure did show some good restraint, I bet it was taken out the box and looked at plenty in those 3 years.

Congratulations and have a fab birthday, should be a cracker finally having that on the wrist after a 3 year wait.

Journeyman
    I'm not totally into diving watches, but *that* looks lovely!!! I think because it's a vitage piece it makes it look so much more appealing, to me at least!

Happy Birthday! :)
    Last edited by GregR_; 15th April 2019 at 11:08.

I was expecting a 'why can't I see sales corner yet?' thread!

Nice one, OP.

Very nice!

I wish I had bought a 5513 a few years ago when I could for 2500gbp.

Well full disclosure .. I did give it the odd test run in those 3 years :-). In fact it wouldn’t have bothered me about being a birth year watch but that’s just how it turned out. A happy coincidence perhaps :-). Lots of pics will follow. In fact I’m celebrating in Thailand learning to scuba dive. Didn’t actually bring the 1680 with me as didn’t want ti risk it but managed to put my doxa 750 into its natural environment

Quote Originally Posted by chime101 View Post
    Well full disclosure .. I did give it the odd test run in those 3 years :-). In fact it wouldn’t have bothered me about being a birth year watch but that’s just how it turned out. A happy coincidence perhaps :-). Lots of pics will follow. In fact I’m celebrating in Thailand learning to scuba dive. Didn’t actually bring the 1680 with me as didn’t want ti risk it but managed to put my doxa 750 into its natural environment

Journeyman
    How are you finding it? (The use of your watch whilst diving I mean, no other extra curricular activities! (Also, where in Thailand did you end up?)

Master
    Congratulations, on your anniversary and your patience. I actually did something similar, though only had to wait four months. It was worth it to make the day more special and I always think of the watch in that way as a result, which adds something. I'm not sure I could have waited three years though, especially not for that one!

Patience is a virtue indeed and well deserved!

Craftsman
    What a beauty of a way to celebrate your birthyear. Congrats!

Fantastic, congratulations!
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by GregR_ View Post
    How are you finding it? (The use of your watch whilst diving I mean, no other extra curricular activities! (Also, where in Thailand did you end up?)
    Well having a watch is a bit superfluous to requirements these days as Dive computers are brilliant and do so much more for you. Still I insisted on keeping the Doxa on the wrist.
    We are touring around a bit but did the bulk of the diving on the island of Koh Tao. It’s full of dive schools and much cheaper than anywhere else.

Journeyman
    Well having a watch is a bit superfluous to requirements these days as Dive computers are brilliant and do so much more for you. Still I insisted on keeping the Doxa on the wrist.
    We are touring around a bit but did the bulk of the diving on the island of Koh Tao. It’s full of dive schools and much cheaper than anywhere else.
    I see, I've never been diving but would love to go one day! You can't go diving without a dive watch though, right?

I only ask because I was in Thailand last year but stuck to the Adaman side; I saw how cheap some of the schools were so I understand the appeal! Absolutely fantastic place so long as you pick the right places, hope you have a great time and enjoy! :)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Happy birthday,you have some patience.

Craftsman
    Firstly, Happy Birthday!. Secondly, I commend your patience. Thirdly, that is a stunning watch!

I have a birth year (1980) 16800 and would not have had the patience to wait to wear it!

Have a great day and enjoy the watch!

All the best,

Kapish.

congrats & well done on the patience wait to have it officially given (no matter having slight peeks :-)) ,enjoy the hols too
    Last edited by mitch1956; 15th April 2019 at 15:04.

Journeyman
    Congratulations!

I'm 50 next year, but if I keep looking at the price of 1970 submariners, I may not last!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Congratulations for your birthday, patience, and style :-)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Happy birthday and nice “new” watch.

I learned in Koh Tao, some years ago, no doubt it’s changed a lot. Watched a very brutal Thai boxing match there.