closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chrono24 purchase from a private seller?

Craftsman

Chrono24 purchase from a private seller?

Hi guys.

Seen a watch on Chrono24 that has taken my fancy.

I've made several watch purchases via Chrono24 over the past few years with no problems whatsoever. However they have all been from established dealers (predominantly brick & mortar stores).

This watch is from a private seller that offers payment via the C24 escrow service.
    Does anybody have any experience with the C24 escrow & private sellers? How much protection (if any) does it actually offer?

Master
    Yep, bought a watch via their escrow service and no probs at all. I was doubting at first though!!

I bought a watch from a private seller in Holland a few months back. I paid and the money went into the Escrow account and the seller was asked to ship. The watch arrived two days later and I was asked to confirm delivery then asked if I was happy with my purchase and could the money be released to the seller.

Very easy transaction and risk free from the buyers point of view.

Craftsman
    Thanks guys,

was a bit apprehensive of buying from a private seller.

Master
    Yes, used the escrow option for a deal with no issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it helps at all I have actually been the seller in this situation, was also somewhat apprehensive but the process worked brilliantly.

I chose to meet the buyer f-2-f, he satisfied himself with the watch and then got Chrono24 to release the funds to me while we sat in Starbucks. It all worked just fine (apart from the 8-hour+ delay at Schipol on the way home!)

Simon

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    If it helps at all I have actually been the seller in this situation, was also somewhat apprehensive but the process worked brilliantly.

I chose to meet the buyer f-2-f, he satisfied himself with the watch and then got Chrono24 to release the funds to me while we sat in Starbucks. It all worked just fine (apart from the 8-hour+ delay at Schipol on the way home!)

Simon
    thanks! I'm about to sell a watch, and was thinking Ebay is the way to go .... Chrono24 somehow feels a little more safe ...

Journeyman
    I recently made my first big watch purchase from Private Seller on Chrono24 and it couldn't have gone better. I was however buying a watch that isn't easily faked so I was less concerned than you might be with it being genuine

I was advised by a watch collector friend to chat the guy before hand, even just to ask for some extra pics etc. Its a great idea, turns out the seller was a nice guy that was happy to chat about himself and his collection, it definitely helped me to decide to pull the trigger

The money side of it was very straight forward, my bank initially blocked the payment of course, but everything with Chrono24's Escrow system was very straight forward and quick

Craftsman

Chrono24 purchase from a private seller?

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post

Simon

apart from the fact you negate any cover Chrono24 offer you by not delivering the watch to the registered address using a. Secure tracked service

Quote Originally Posted by J3w3ll3r View Post
    apart from the fact you negate any cover Chrono24 offer you by not delivering the watch to the registered address using a. Secure tracked service

I assume your comment was intended to be a question, not a statement?

Anyway, it’s not correct. I contacted Chrono24 direct by phone to explain that I intended to take the watch to meet the buyer f-2-f rather than send it. They were happy to honour their normal terms, and just asked the buyer to mark the transaction as ‘delivered’ once the watch was in his hands.

Simon