closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Illegal Eagles

The Illegal Eagles

Fantastic Eagles tribute saw them last night great harmonies and instrumentation the Hotel California guitar break was spot on worth a look if it's your cup of tea you won't be disappointed.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My wife's aunt and uncle have seen them a few times. One of the better tribute acts I believe.

Master
    Thanks. I have booked to see them in St Albans, as I cannot do the other local dates in Hayes or Watford.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My Bro seen them, he was very impressed.

Master
    We were also at the Rhyl gig on Saturday night and I was blown away to be honest.

My Dad’s a big Eagles fan and has seen them a couple of times and raves about their note perfect performance. As a result I had pretty high expectations and was somewhat sceptical beforehand but they exceeded them.

I play a little guitar but was humbled by what I saw and need to get practicing. Perfect solos by several different band members and they could all sing and harmonise brilliantly. Good banter and jokes from the bass player and special mention to the brilliant drummer. They’re returning next year apparently and I’m very tempted to see them again.

Mentioned it to my brother ( an Eagles fan) who thought £25 was “a lot for a tribute band”. His opinion but I disagree and seeing as you’ll never see the original Eagles lineup again this is easily the next best thing and to be honest better than some of the live proper Eagles performances I looked at on YouTube.

Cheers
    Neil

I went to see them a couple of years ago.

I was skeptical, but i really enjoyed their performance.

They are very good, they opened their second half with Hotel California and I think it was better than the original!

They don't take themselves too seriously either, which was nice, but they do take their playing seriously.

I'm still a bit dubious about tribute acts as a whole, but the Illegal Eagles are very good, imo.

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    And saw them in St. Albans last night - they really were excellent. My wife and I would go again tonight, if we could!. We will most certainly be going to see them again.

Craftsman
    I ********* hate the Eagles man!

Journeyman
    did they use a 12 string on Hotel California?

Master
    tribute bands! I can see why people like them but why not just stay at home and listen to the genuine article. I appreciate the effort the bands put in to replicate the sounds but are they just not keeping the careers of the originals highlighted? Then there is the look-alike thing as well. Clearly there is no mystery to it as people can now replicate the sounds thanks to YT and the internet but acts like The Eagles/The Who etc spent years/$$ learning their craft in the studio and on the road and having someone who could write a good song (and a few bad ones)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejoker View Post
    did they use a 12 string on Hotel California?
    Couldn't be a tribute to The Eagles if it wasn't a white 12/6 electric

Craftsman
    I thought the Eagles were a Jethro Tull tribute band ?? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8VLcYLL7Us

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    Couldn't be a tribute to The Eagles if it wasn't a white 12/6 electric
    I can confirm that a creamy white Gibson EDS-1275 double neck was used for their show closing performance of Hotel California

Cheers
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Liner33 View Post
    Got any Creedence Dude?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jneds View Post
    I can confirm that a creamy white Gibson EDS-1275 double neck was used for their show closing performance of Hotel California

Cheers
    Neil
    It actually looked as though it was a 24 string guitar!

Not seen the illegal eagles but We've seen Talon a couple of times a few years ago. Worth checking out if you have the chance

Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    tribute bands! I can see why people like them but why not just stay at home and listen to the genuine article. I appreciate the effort the bands put in to replicate the sounds but are they just not keeping the careers of the originals highlighted? Then there is the look-alike thing as well. Clearly there is no mystery to it as people can now replicate the sounds thanks to YT and the internet but acts like The Eagles/The Who etc spent years/$$ learning their craft in the studio and on the road and having someone who could write a good song (and a few bad ones)
    There's something very different about hearing music live, compared to recorded.

There is, of course, a time and a place, but a good tribute band like the Illegal Eagles can be a great night out.

I'm sure most people who go to see them still listen to their Eagles albums, there's room for both, imo.

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    There's something very different about hearing music live, compared to recorded.

There is, of course, a time and a place, but a good tribute band like the Illegal Eagles can be a great night out.

I'm sure most people who go to see them still listen to their Eagles albums, there's room for both, imo.
    Same with me, the other thing about tribute bands is you perhaps get to see music performed that would otherwise be impossible - recent tributes i have been to - the Doors, Bob Marley and the Wailers etc...... cant play now for obvious reasons....... and the Smiths / Oasis for different but equally compelling reasons wont be playing any time soon......

The other positive.... as many bands go £50 / £100 / £200 a ticket (noting the non existent revenue from recorded music these days) i can have a good night out watching a band play bangers all night (i go to new upcoming bands too but its always a risk...), have a few pints and get change from a 20....

Quote Originally Posted by Liner33 View Post
    The only thing that I can imagine which would be worse than The Eagles is a band pretending to be The Eagles!

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    The only thing that I can imagine which would be worse than The Eagles is a band pretending to be The Eagles!
    A band pretending to be Fleetwood Mac?

Haha I've seen them Rumours of Fleetwood Mac and they were brilliant.