closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tarmac Cleaner

Master

Tarmac Cleaner

Good morning.

Just looking for recommendations on a product for removing oil and tyre dressing stains from tarmac.
    There are plenty out there so would rather buy one that someone has used and can tell me it actually works.

Many thanks.

Should probably add the easier to use the better, hopefully not having to spend hours scrubbing etc
    Last edited by sniper-sam; 14th April 2019 at 08:55.

Careful that whatever you use has no solvent effect on the oil based tarmac....
    You may find that a sprinkle of washing machine powder and water may help
    As I said, be careful
    If you can find a product called OT8 it’s very good- used it on concrete to good effect.

Blog Entries
    Brake cleaner works perfectly but is a hazard to the environment when splashed on the tarmac (and subsequently washed into the ground). A microbiology cleaner is better. E.g. EatOil, but I think that it's US-only. In the UK, you can get Oil Stain Remover from Dutch company HG: that works perfectly as well (so do all HG products - highly recommended).

HG is a household name here and you can find their products everywhere in all sorts of shops. But here, not all shops have all the products on display. Check their website.

https://uk.hg.eu/products/natural-st...roduct-42-025l
    Last edited by thieuster; 14th April 2019 at 09:07.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Brake cleaner works perfectly but is a hazard to the environment when splashed on the tarmac (and subsequently washed into the ground). A microbiology cleaner is better. E.g. EatOil, but I think that it's US-only. In the UK, you can get Oil Stain Remover from Dutch company HG: that works perfectly as well (so do all HG products - highly recommended).

HG is a household name here and you can find their products everywhere in all sorts of shops. But here, not all shops have all the products on display. Check their website.

https://uk.hg.eu/products/natural-st...roduct-42-025l
    That stuff seems to be what I'm after. The label doesn't state if ot can be used on tarmac though. Do you know? The website has a phone number though so can can them a call.
    An obstacle I might have is shipping too as I live in Northern Ireland.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper-sam View Post
    That stuff seems to be what I'm after. The label doesn't state if ot can be used on tarmac though. Do you know? The website has a phone number though so can can them a call.
    An obstacle I might have is shipping too as I live in Northern Ireland.
    My drive is paved and the stuff removes 90% or more, leaving a little colourisation that also vanishes over time. I suppose that it's a 'general use' product: pavements and tarmac alike.

Try to get it locally - or have it shipped to you from the UK HQ. If that fails then there are at least two options: I can contact Dutch HQ and drop the question there. Second: I ship you a can. But shipping will not be cheap in relation to the value due to the weight of the parcel containing the can.

Menno

Master
    Thanks alot mate. I'll get in touch with the UK base first of all. Defo seems to be what I'm after.

Master
    Bilt Hamber Surfex HD – you can order it locally from Blok51. Might also be worth getting the Auto Foam and Auto Wash.
    Alternatively, enquire with Biosativa UK if Biosativa is suitable.

Master
    Interested in this thread as a complete w*nker of a builder has left all sorts of oily muck from his heap of a van on my drive. Pointed out and he didn't seem bothered. And he's been a right precious numpty about his work.

I'm not sure anything works as tarmac is so porous and affected by solvents.

I've always just put down dry earth to draw off/up any oil that hasn't soaked in and it also gives a degree of camouflage for the dark messy stains.