closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driving around learner drivers

I plan to take my kids karting before they are of licence age

BUBI 0_0

My learner days were with the Police. My driving technique is defensive and never take
    any driver for granted. Learner drivers? give them room, younger drivers/learners lack a lot of spacial awareness, particularly peripheral vision.
    I progressed onto advanced driving and road traffic division where different skills progressed for me.

Master
    I live in rural Norfolk, so learner drivers have it fairly easy here. Plenty of quiet country roads to build up confidence. Unfortunately, rural roads have soft edges (ie no kerbs) and if you nibble at them, they will bite back hard. The front wheel digs in and turns itself sharp left. If you are lucky, you end up in a field. If not, you end up in a watery ditch or rolling in said field. Easter has brought the glut of "grockles" who think that it's fun to speed around "quiet" country lanes on blind bends. Our local hospitals will be brimming with them by Easter Monday (if they are lucky). If you or yours come to the Norfolk Broads and the Coast you will be very welcome but please take care. Best of luck to all "learners", whatever they may be learning.