Evening folks.
I've been tasked with finding a new car this week and just wondered if some of the more mechanical minded members would chime in?

I'm on about a 1500 quid budget and I want something halfway decent (i.e. not another Ford Focus or Peugeot 307).
Currently I'm only driving the wife's Qashqui but I do need my own runabout again now so I've hit the AutoTrader for inspiration.

For some reason I'm drawn to the Merc C180 Kompressor. Two door, a bit sporty but it's only a 1.8 automatic so the insurance stays sensible.

Engine size is a key issue, I've only been on my own insurance for a year or so, I've always been a named driver, so not really built up much of a no-claims bonus.

My budget buys one with 90k on the clock, running and MOT'd but needing a little tidying up which I'm not remotely bothered about, I'm probably only going to run it for 12 months while I save up for something a bit bigger.

Any downfalls? What do I need to be looking for (or should I stay away from a 15 year old Merc full stop??)

Here's a link to the best one I've found so far just for an idea;
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...dius=25&page=4

Again, I bow to the TZUK members with more knowledge than me, which is just about all of you.