closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: zenith el primero chrono

  1. #1
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    nottingham
    Posts
    301

    zenith el primero chrono

    discounted here if anyone's after one

    https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/websto...CMi6awT9TLoMUQ

  2. #2
    Master sweets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol - UK
    Posts
    3,675
    Whilst that is very lovely, and it is great to see that Zenith have learnt how to stack the sub-dials so they are legible now, I am afraid I do not see that as a £7k watch, so the offer price looks much more sensible to me.
    Maybe my pricing ideas are a little out of date too......

    Dave

  3. #3
    Grand Master abraxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    31,738
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    ...

    Maybe my pricing ideas are a little out of date too......

    Dave
    No they are not. The manufacturers will have to come back to reality. Don't worry, it's on the horizon.

  4. #4
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    78
    With the weak pound I would have thought prices would be going the other way (unfortunately for you guys).

  5. #5
    prices on all luxury watches have gone up massively over the last few years, my first watch was a Brietling Steelfish which was around £1600 new! I would imagine that would be around the £3k mark now.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    The manufacturers will have to come back to reality. Don't worry, it's on the horizon.
    I know that seeking value for money in luxury items is somewhat of a contradictory fools errand, but the way prices are going I’m pretty unmotivated to buy much new these days. I don’t like having the p*ss taken with watches that are ramping-up in price with no correlation re increased quality. It’s not a new trend by any means, but it seems more pronounced in recent times.

  7. #7
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sussex, UK
    Posts
    4,374
    But isn’t a high retail price a necessary condition for ‘luxury’ goods? Reducing prices could actually put buyers off.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    But isn’t a high retail price a necessary condition for ‘luxury’ goods? Reducing prices could actually put buyers off.
    My thoughts exactly.

  9. #9
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Whilst that is very lovely, and it is great to see that Zenith have learnt how to stack the sub-dials so they are legible now, I am afraid I do not see that as a £7k watch, so the offer price looks much more sensible to me.
    Maybe my pricing ideas are a little out of date too......

    Dave
    I’m with you on that...between £4-5K for an El Primero depending on condition etc is “reasonable”...can’t see why you’d want to pay more than that for one.


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

  10. #10
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Surrey, UK. Odiáxere or somewhere in-between
    Posts
    7,333
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    prices on all luxury watches have gone up massively over the last few years, my first watch was a Brietling Steelfish which was around £1600 new! I would imagine that would be around the £3k mark now.
    You may want to double that

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •