closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Short term house rental - where to look

Master

Short term house rental - where to look

All being well we will be buying a house that requires significant refurbishment and, having sold our property to fund this, we will need to live elsewhere while this is being done - probably for about 2 - 3 months. Ideally I'd like to get a furnished house and put our things in storage and ideally this would be a fully inclusive cost including bills, council tax etc. I know that airbnb do this kind of thing, any other places that I should be looking? I'd also be interested to hear other peoples' experience of doing this. Thanks.

Master
    If you expect the refurb to take 2-3 months, the chances are it will actually take nearer 6, so a standard 6 month let might be worth considering anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stuie-t View Post
    If you expect the refurb to take 2-3 months, the chances are it will actually take nearer 6, so a standard 6 month let might be worth considering anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    The work should take 2 months max, with the expectation we could move in after 1 month - therefore 3 months includes significant contingency! My Father is a retired builder and will be project managing this using known tradesmen (should I say tradespeople!?)

Master
    Have a look for serviced apartments in your desired area and see if a deal is to be done.

Or take a risk on buying a caravan ;-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Have a look for serviced apartments in your desired area and see if a deal is to be done.
    Good suggestion. I found one for an American friend in Huddersfield a few years back and it was very good value compared to either an apartment or hotel.

Short term house rental - where to look

My neighbours have converted their garage into a separate dwelling and tent it out through Airbnb and other sites. They often do longer term rentals, the last couple being in a similar situation to yourself.

It therefore seems to me to be a good place to start.

Alternatively, take a couple of months off work and go travelling.
    Last edited by Dave+63; 10th April 2019 at 17:28.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jwillans View Post
    All being well we will be buying a house that requires significant refurbishment and, having sold our property to fund this, we will need to live elsewhere while this is being done - probably for about 2 - 3 months. Ideally I'd like to get a furnished house and put our things in storage and ideally this would be a fully inclusive cost including bills, council tax etc. I know that airbnb do this kind of thing, any other places that I should be looking? I'd also be interested to hear other peoples' experience of doing this. Thanks.
    In Sheffield there are often houses to rent from academics in sabbatical. Usually 3 to 6 months, prices can be very competitive for ideal tennants, and usually good areas.

Approach a few Air BnB guys.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by justin44 View Post
    Approach a few Air BnB guys.
    I've been looking at these but they are a little high end (expensive!) for our needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    In Sheffield there are often houses to rent from academics in sabbatical. Usually 3 to 6 months, prices can be very competitive for ideal tennants, and usually good areas.
    Great suggestion. My wife is an academic with contacts in the university and will explore. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post

Or take a risk on buying a caravan ;-)
    Another reat suggestion (not the caravan!). Velocity Tower in Sheffield seems a great candidate and I will speak to them tomorrow.

Thanks all - further suggestions welcome.

Hi mate we use a company at work for houses and apartments for short term let’s
    Basically they find them and charge landlords a fee
    Really decent lads
    Grant.ansbro@workingawayfromhome.com

Paul.glover@workingawayfromhome.com

Really quality places

Hope that helps

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ragerover View Post
    Hi mate we use a company at work for houses and apartments for short term let’s
    Basically they find them and charge landlords a fee
    Really decent lads
    Grant.ansbro@workingawayfromhome.com

Paul.glover@workingawayfromhome.com

Really quality places

Hope that helps
    Fantastic. I'll get in touch with them tomorrow. Many thanks.